GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis?

+13
bravenash55
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
beerandsens
Riprock
Urkie
beedub
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Jordo
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

16Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:54 am

beedub

Veteran
Veteran

don't know Hamhuis at all, so I really cannot comment. I do know that Vermette's fire and heart will be hard to replace

17Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:54 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Still...Vermette's on pace for his 2nd highest point totals as a Sen after a disastrous beginning in a terrible system.

Just do it Murray! Like a band-aid, just get it done and I'll move on...

I love you (now) Vermie. Boo hoo hoo.

18Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:54 am

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh, I don't mean to imply the New and improved Vermette we've been treated to recently is here to stay? In fact, as you pointed out Clutch, if history has taught us anything it's that he will go back to be a big ol floppy donkey dong in no time... *nice visual, eh?* LOL

Now, seriously though, it's when he turns it on that he pays dividends, and to lose that, as inconsistent as it can and has been, will still hurt; however, if Murray can find a replacement who not only brings the same skills and intangibles (or more) and can do it cheaper, than I am open to suggestions, but I maintain that losing Vermette will hurt, end of story.

19Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:57 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jordo wrote:
Vermette's played well in the past 10 games, I agree... but let's not get carried away here.

20 points in his last 23. Better than he gets credit for, game in game out.

20Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:00 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

beedub wrote:don't know Hamhuis at all, so I really cannot comment. I do know that Vermette's fire and heart will be hard to replace

How's that for funny. Here I am saying I don't know Hamhuis very well, yet I traded for him in the GM game LOL

21Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:04 pm

Trading Vermette is a mistake. N4L is right when he says that there is no more complete player on this team, besides Alfie.

He's just entering his prime and he's putting up a ppg (almost) over the past two months. Yeah, I know he did the same thing last season at this time, but there's no harm in seeing what he's got under Clouston for another 12 months. We can always trade him next deadline, if thats the thing to do...

22Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:06 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

It would be tough to lose Vermie but if Comrie resigns then it won't sting quite as much.

Hamhuis is one of those guys that's just really underrated. If he played in this market he'd get a lot more notoriety. He can play in all situations and can play big minutes.

Phillips - Volchenkov
Campoli - Hamhuis

This way we can focus more on the goaltending situation as well.

23Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:08 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

nothing wrong with playing the waiting game either cash, we have vermette signed at a near bargain for another year.

24Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Courtesy of Enoch on HFBoards:

(Hamhuis) is a two way defenseman, he has well above average passing skills, with a slightly above average shot for a defenseman. He moves well, and his best attribute is his positioning. He thinks the game well. He is not a bruiser along the boards consistently, but he will throw a thunderous hip check in big spots. His physicality is mostly via hip check, in the open ice he is more apt to use a poke check then his body. Excellent on the pk. He could score 35-40 points each year if given more powerplay time. Trotz likes to save him for the PK, but he has started to give him more PP time on the second unit with Ville being a perma-scratch. A true number 2 defenseman on an elite team, but he is capable of serving as a number 1. Keep in mind when looking at statistics the lack of powerplay time the past two-to-three seasons is due to having some of the best offensive defensemen in the game on our blueline (Kimmo, Zidlicky, etc.)

25Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:11 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:While I would love to see Hamhuis don a Sens uni, losing Vermette will hurt a LOT. And Clutch, who could Murray target in July that could bring what Vermette has been contributing?

If he is available, Matt Duchene can do what Vermette does, possibly even better. He's an all-around player. That being said, there's no guarantee we can draft him.

Perhaps Zack Smith is ready to be thew new Vermette?

26Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:14 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Urkie wrote:Phillips - Volchenkov
Campoli - Hamhuis

NO!

Why would we continue to pair two defensive d-men together, and then pair two offensive ones together? That wreaks of disaster.

Try spreading out that diversity - go Hamhuis-Phillips/Voclehnkov and Campoli-Phillips/Volchenkov.

27Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:15 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

504Heater wrote:Courtesy of Enoch on HFBoards:

(Hamhuis) is a two way defenseman, he has well above average passing skills, with a slightly above average shot for a defenseman. He moves well, and his best attribute is his positioning. He thinks the game well. He is not a bruiser along the boards consistently, but he will throw a thunderous hip check in big spots. His physicality is mostly via hip check, in the open ice he is more apt to use a poke check then his body. Excellent on the pk. He could score 35-40 points each year if given more powerplay time. Trotz likes to save him for the PK, but he has started to give him more PP time on the second unit with Ville being a perma-scratch. A true number 2 defenseman on an elite team, but he is capable of serving as a number 1. Keep in mind when looking at statistics the lack of powerplay time the past two-to-three seasons is due to having some of the best offensive defensemen in the game on our blueline (Kimmo, Zidlicky, etc.)

Exactly, it would be tough to lose Vermie but Hamhuis is the kind of defensemen we really need right now. As I said and as you said, he can play in all situations and can play big minutes.

I would consider it a steal almost if they gave us Hamhuis straight up for Vermette. He's that good.

Last edited by Urkie on Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

28Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:17 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hamhuis has some nice defensive attributes. I'd like to see the shut-down pairing taken off the first unit in favour of a high octane scoring unit.

Heatley-Spezza-The Alfie
Campoli-Hamhuis

29Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:19 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Hamhuis has some nice defensive attributes. I'd like to see the shut-down pairing taken off the first unit in favour of a high octane scoring unit.

Heatley-Spezza-The Alfie
Campoli-Hamhuis

That would be one hell of a PP unit.

30Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Hamhuis has some nice defensive attributes. I'd like to see the shut-down pairing taken off the first unit in favour of a high octane scoring unit.

Heatley-Spezza-The Alfie
Campoli-Hamhuis

So will this in a couple of years:

Heatley - Spezza - Alfie
Karlsson - Wiercioch

tongue

31Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:22 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Here's what I was going to say about the deal, but this is because I always thought of Hamhuis as a #3 dman... the HF Boards posting you just put up would suggest he is a legit #2 in which case I might reconsider...

I wouldn't do it as a solo deal. I might do it if you show me what forward player we get after the deal but I'm not excited about leaving it to the uncertainty of the UFA market.

It's probably one of the best returns we could get for a guy like Vermette, but IMO still not worth it. I don't see the void left on the PK being filled by anyone else and we are just starting to have some semblance of secondary scoring. I don't think Hamhuis' offensive upside would balance it out, so we would have to turn around and get another forward who can put up some points.

I'm basically hoping we have other trade-able players on our team who can get us decent dman value coming back. If not, well...

32Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:23 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensFan71 wrote:

Heatley-Spezza-The Alfie
Campoli-Hamhuis

That would be one hell of a PP unit.[/quote]

I think they'd be pretty lethal 5-on-5 as well.

33Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:35 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Heatley-Spezza-The Alfie
Campoli-Hamhuis

I think they'd be pretty lethal 5-on-5 as well.[/quote]

The pizza/cash line would be back, does Pizza Pizza (or whatever pizza place that was) still do that for home games?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum