GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis?

+13
bravenash55
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
beerandsens
Riprock
Urkie
beedub
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Jordo
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

61Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:58 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Karlsson should play 20 min every game in the SEL before he comes. He is just starting to put up points on a regular basis there after 40-ish games, and I'm hearing his body is not developped enough.
Same thing with Wiercioch. At least one more year in NCAA and one full year in BIngo.

62Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:58 pm

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ummmm... Kris Russell you say?
Time to put on my sleuthing cap.

63Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:01 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:ummmm... Kris Russell you say?
Time to put on my sleuthing cap.

Murray's been scouting him even longer than he had been Campoli apparently.

64Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:02 pm

bravenash55

Prospect
Prospect

I think they could swap...but think vermette is better than hamhuis so it might have to be vermette for hamhuis and 4th round pick

65Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:04 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Vermette is a lot like Hamhuis. Neither will get a shot at progressing if they stay in their respective situations.

66Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Vermette is a lot like Hamhuis. Neither will get a shot at progressing if they stay in their respective situations.

My goodness, that is a great point. That's the best way of breaking this down really.

67Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:08 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

now that's a perfect assessment Seaway.

68Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:08 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Vermette is a lot like Hamhuis. Neither will get a shot at progressing if they stay in their respective situations.

My goodness, that is a great point. That's the best way of breaking this down really.

Jesus Heater, do you even breathe in between posts!?!? LOL

69Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:09 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

play Vermette with Heatley and Alfredsson. I dont know why this hasn't been tested.

70Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:52 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:play Vermette with Heatley and Alfredsson. I dont know why this hasn't been tested.

That hasn't been done this year? How did Hartsburg miss that one when he was still here? I figured he tried all line combinations.

71Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:59 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think Vermette did play on the top line... and if I recall correctly, it failed miserably. Now, mind you, that was when they were playing and/or trying to adhere to Hartsburg's system, so perhaps under Clouston's TAKE-NO-PRISONERS philosophy it could flourish!

72Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:19 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Vermette played with Spezza and HEatley and he got "shunned" by mighty Spezza. You cannot put Vermette with a center like Spezza, Vermette needs to have the puck most of the time. He is not a finisher, don't expect him to score a lot of goals. He has NEVER played with Alfredsson and so far with HEatley he has looked pretty solid, because he has someone to finish the plays he makes. He looked great last night because Kelly and COmrie were able to score. He always makes smart plays but there are just not enough natural wingers/snipers on this team to play with him. Kelly? Center. FOligno? Center FIsher? Center Comrie? Center... Why does Spezza always have the best wingers on the team and Vermette has NO ONE?

73Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:54 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

In the case that Spezza was moved, I'd be all for retaining Vermette and trying him between Heatley and Alfie. This gives us 7 mil to spend elsewhere, if you're confident that Vermette can so easily move up and play on the 1st (which I'm not so sure of).

74Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:55 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Jordo wrote:In the case that Spezza was moved, I'd be all for retaining Vermette and trying him between Heatley and Alfie. This gives us 7 mil to spend elsewhere, if you're confident that Vermette can so easily move up and play on the 1st (which I'm not so sure of).

Not confident on that one either, Spezza's boots are big to fill, he's a career PPG player (or damn close)

75Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:56 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jordo wrote:In the case that Spezza was moved, I'd be all for retaining Vermette and trying him between Heatley and Alfie. This gives us 7 mil to spend elsewhere, if you're confident that Vermette can so easily move up and play on the 1st (which I'm not so sure of).

If he plays centre between those guys without the tag of having to be the "defensive conscience" of the line, he will succeed.

76Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:56 am

I honestly dont think there is much of a difference between Spezza playing in the middle of those 2 and Vermette taking into account how good Vermette is on the other side of the puck.

I'm not convinced that Spezza is as good as his past stats show, never have been. I still think he is a product of being Alfi's lacky.

77Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:12 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:I honestly dont think there is much of a difference between Spezza playing in the middle of those 2 and Vermette taking into account how good Vermette is on the other side of the puck.

I'm not convinced that Spezza is as good as his past stats show, never have been. I still think he is a product of being Alfi's lacky.

perfect time for this smilie lol, thank you heater for adding the spezza smilie

BeatingaDeadHorse

78Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:35 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

If he plays centre between those guys without the tag of having to be the "defensive conscience" of the line, he will succeed.

Alfie plays that role so I wouldn't worry about that tag for Vermette.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum