GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis?

+13
bravenash55
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
beerandsens
Riprock
Urkie
beedub
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Jordo
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

46Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 4 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:17 pm

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

holy dung Jordo!

I'm drooling!!!

47Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 4 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:18 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:
We still wouldn't have a stud or even an high end offensive guy.

Hamhuis is sorely underrated apparently. He would be our number 2 guy. Not a stud, but definitely one of the better D-men we've had here in a long, long time.

I've always seen parallels between Hamhuis and Keith, but I don't get to see Hamhuis play as much (Nashville is soooooooooooooo boring).

well we definitely need a # 2 d-man, yes we need a #1 as well, but maybe we can fill that from within, stagger campoli along enough until Karlsson/Weiroch are ready, then let it ride and save us money at the same time.

48Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 4 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:18 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jordo wrote:However, I would definitely be in favour of trading Lee and Heatley/Spezza for a legitimate stud PMD. If we could get Phaneuf for either one, our D would be set for years.

Phaneuf-Hamhuis
Phillips-Volchenkov
Campoli-Smith

With wiercioch and Karlsson coming up the year after? Wow.

Off-season...wait for the off-season. We might be able to trade Spezza or preferably Heatley for Phaneuf - a deal I would do before you could say Jack Rabbit.

49Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 4 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:20 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
Jordo wrote:However, I would definitely be in favour of trading Lee and Heatley/Spezza for a legitimate stud PMD. If we could get Phaneuf for either one, our D would be set for years.

Phaneuf-Hamhuis
Phillips-Volchenkov
Campoli-Smith

Off-season...wait for the off-season. We might be able to trade Spezza or preferably Heatley for Phaneuf - a deal I would do before you could say Jack Rabbit.

well apparently, there may be a list with 5 players on Calgary that are untouchable, with Phaneuf being near the top of that list, however, wouldn't the Calgary GM jump at the chance if Murray dangles spezza or heater?

50Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 4 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
well we definitely need a # 2 d-man, yes we need a #1 as well, but maybe we can fill that from within, stagger campoli along enough until Karlsson/Weiroch are ready, then let it ride and save us money at the same time.

If Vermette goes, the salary structure might be there to allow you to try to acquire a number one D-man - even if it means trading Spezza or Heatley.

This is the only time I'd even consider trading them BTW, for someone like Phaneuf. Seeing as how much more pedigree Heatley has, Calgary might go for a one-for-one - and we still get to keep Spezza for Schroeder/Schenn/Duchene. Ah....to dream....

51Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 4 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:22 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Check out my newest thread Heater- on the topic.

52Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 4 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:22 pm

In reality if Murray brought in one top pairing D and one of Karlsson/Weircioch pan out, then we should be quite well positioned moving forward.

53Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 4 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:22 pm

Jordo wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:How many defencemen would we have then...

10 NHL'ers and one high end prospect yikes.

Who are we keeping (7) then for next year...

Lee
Smith
Volchenkov
Campoli
Phillips
*Hamhuis*
*Karlsson*

Stop right there, Karlsson isn't NHL ready next year. If this is all that Murray does (if he doesnt bring in a stud PMD) then we're left with:

Hamhuis-Lee
Phillips-Volchenkov
Campoli-Smith

Lee will play the top line because he can't hack it physically against the rest. I also wouldn't be opposed to:

Hamhuis-Phillips
Campoli-Volchenkov
Lee-Smith

However, I would definitely be in favour of trading Lee and Heatley/Spezza for a legitimate stud PMD. If we could get Phaneuf for either one, our D would be set for years.

Phaneuf-Hamhuis
Phillips-Volchenkov
Campoli-Smith

I am hearing that Murray is looking to sign Karlsson for next year. Anyone else hear this?

54Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 4 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:22 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

MurderOnIce wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
Hamhuis would instantly become our best overall D-Man. Kuba and Schubert will be gone for sure. Lee and Picard could both be moved and Bell will probably be asked to take another 2way deal.

We still wouldn't have a stud or even an high end offensive guy.

The only way we get a stud is if we give up Spezza or Heatley. That's not going to happen. Hamhuis is pretty close to being a stud anyway and we may not even have to give up one of those 2 guys.

He's very good offensively and defensively. In a more offensive system where the defensemen are given the green light he could put up 40 points easily.

55Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 4 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:I am hearing that Murray is looking to sign Karlsson for next year. Anyone else hear this?

Yeah, me too. Don't like it though, but yeah, I've heard it.

56Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 4 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jordo wrote:Check out my newest thread Heater- on the topic.

Where'm I looking?

EDIT: I see it.

57Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 4 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:30 pm

504Heater wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:I am hearing that Murray is looking to sign Karlsson for next year. Anyone else hear this?

Yeah, me too. Don't like it though, but yeah, I've heard it.

My sense is that there is enough smoke around it that there is something to it. There is the potential that he is looking to have Karlsson come over here. Karlsson made it pretty clear however that he wishes to play in Sweeden until he is wearing an OTTAWA Senators jersey. Any chance we could convince him Ottawa is also spelled Binghampton?

58Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 4 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:32 pm

Id rather him be in the NHL than AHL. 1, he is too tallented to play there, his tallent level and the way he thinks the game is at an NHL level. 2, people are trying to make a names for themselves down there and thats where he will get hurt, not the NHL.

59Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 4 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:32 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

if Karlsson is ready, bring him to Binghamton, of course, but then again, if he feels he needs another year in Sweden, I am not against waiting for him. Rather him to be dominant when he comes than get shellshocked and ruined by the AHL/NHL game.

60Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 4 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The one thing I will say that makes it seem more likely is:

One of Bryan Murray's targets all year has been Kris Russell and he's the exact same size and weight. He's 21 to Karlsson's 18, but Karlsson is that smart that he might be able to pull it off with success comparable to Russell (20+ points).

61Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 4 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:58 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Karlsson should play 20 min every game in the SEL before he comes. He is just starting to put up points on a regular basis there after 40-ish games, and I'm hearing his body is not developped enough.
Same thing with Wiercioch. At least one more year in NCAA and one full year in BIngo.

62Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 4 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:58 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ummmm... Kris Russell you say?
Time to put on my sleuthing cap.

63Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? - Page 4 Empty Re: Vermette to NAS for Hamhuis? Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:ummmm... Kris Russell you say?
Time to put on my sleuthing cap.

Murray's been scouting him even longer than he had been Campoli apparently.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum