GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again

+4
Phoenix30
PTFlea
PKC
jamvan
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Empty LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:00 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Don't take this for too much worth cause I haven't heard anything, but someone on Hockeybums is saying Vermette for Seabrook and then Murray will sign Glenn Murray.

I don't think it will happen.

2LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:44 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Would be a really interesting trade if it were to happen. I'd also look for some more bodies to be moving out as well, namely on defense. In particular, Filip Kuba.

3LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:Don't take this for too much worth cause I haven't heard anything, but someone on Hockeybums is saying Vermette for Seabrook and then Murray will sign Glenn Murray.

I don't think it will happen.

Very strange. :D We're more likely to get Schneider on re-entry than to do this. We could trade Vermette for Seabrook I guess, but then we'd need to start cleaning out D-men for good offensive players. Glen Murray's not gonna do IMO. We would need more skill coming into the forward ranks.

Then...we'd have Kuba, Picard and/or Schubert in a position where 2 of them would have to go. Kuba and Picard probably - for some kind of offense.
:D :D Can you imagine. I'd be rolling around laughing.

4LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:04 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

The only way I would entertain this is if Schubert was going and we were getting a quality pick or prospect back.

5LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:32 am

AlfieforPM

AlfieforPM
Prospect
Prospect

I'd do Vermette, Mccammond and Kuba + San Jose's 1st for Seabrook, Kontiola (great forward prospect) and Patrick Sharp or Chicago's 1st or Dustin Byfuglien. Kontiola could be a great steal as he has tremendous offensive upside, Seabrook has almost developed into a top 2 D with his great two way play and either of the options would all be great assets to our team (Sharp in particular, but he just signed a new deal with Hawks and is not likely getting moved).

I don't really see why Chicago would want to move Seabrook though, he is a huge corp piece to that franchise.

6LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:30 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It seems strange to trade a fella who could come up huge for us this year after signing him to a delicious discount... Although, it's that contract and his skills that probably make him all the more appealing, but still, I don't think I'm ready to move Vermette just yet... If he tanks or can get us a HUGE return come deadline, then maybe...

7LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:29 am

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

Cronenbergfan wrote:It seems strange to trade a fella who could come up huge for us this year after signing him to a delicious discount... Although, it's that contract and his skills that probably make him all the more appealing, but still, I don't think I'm ready to move Vermette just yet... If he tanks or can get us a HUGE return come deadline, then maybe...

agreed. If Vermette has a crap year, he'll still have value plus the old "change of scenery" excuse top get him moved at the deadline.

but really....I think he's going to explode for 30G, 30A this year provided he's getting 2nd line minutes with Fish or Alfie.

8LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:40 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

BigRig77 wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:It seems strange to trade a fella who could come up huge for us this year after signing him to a delicious discount... Although, it's that contract and his skills that probably make him all the more appealing, but still, I don't think I'm ready to move Vermette just yet... If he tanks or can get us a HUGE return come deadline, then maybe...

agreed. If Vermette has a crap year, he'll still have value plus the old "change of scenery" excuse top get him moved at the deadline.

but really....I think he's going to explode for 30G, 30A this year provided he's getting 2nd line minutes with Fish or Alfie.
Exactly! Vermette was one of the lone guy who actually gained confidence late last season. I'm just precautious cause it seems every year we're waiting for him to explode.

9LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:59 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Very good point Jam! I was going to put that in my post, that it seems like the past 2 years, we keep saying Vermette is going to explode! and this year, maybe he will! Smile

10LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:04 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Very good point Jam! I was going to put that in my post, that it seems like the past 2 years, we keep saying Vermette is going to explode! and this year, maybe he will! Smile
Well, he has progressed just fine and maybe us as fans expect a little too much. One thing is for sure, the Sens will be fast and chippy and real tough to play against.

11LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:14 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

it's great! In fact, I believe you and I were just saying the other day how big and tough the Sens have become. I read an article from someone the other day decrying Murray's efforts at toughening up the team, insinuating he's (Murray) been obsessed with bulking them up since their loss to the Ducks in the SCF and that he's sacrificed skills for toughness.

I don't particularly agree with that point, as we still have skill beyond our top line, but you cannot deny that in a conference as unpredictable as the East, the Sens will be a pain to play against, and that's just FINE by me!

12LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:24 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:
Exactly! Vermette was one of the lone guy who actually gained confidence late last season. I'm just precautious cause it seems every year we're waiting for him to explode.

+1, he was the reason we got into the playoffs in the final week and a half of the season. Trading him after he signed a discounted package would be really silly.

He was on a line with Fisher at the end of the season, right? I can't even remember now, all I know is he lead the NHL for April in points.

13LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:27 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah he was. and that role seemed to suit him quite well IMO.

Every day or so, I check out the two clips of his: the highlight goal against TB (what a beaut that was) and that awesome goal against Dallas back in Dec (6th I think).

14LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:29 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Yeah he was. and that role seemed to suit him quite well IMO.

Every day or so, I check out the two clips of his: the highlight goal against TB (what a beaut that was) and that awesome goal against Dallas back in Dec (6th I think).
He's a human highlight film, but what he needs most of all is some consistency.

15LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:36 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

agreed! i'd be SO ecstatic if he could pot 30-35 this year! WOW! Here's hoping!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum