GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again

+4
Phoenix30
PTFlea
PKC
jamvan
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again - Page 2 Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:27 am

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah he was. and that role seemed to suit him quite well IMO.

Every day or so, I check out the two clips of his: the highlight goal against TB (what a beaut that was) and that awesome goal against Dallas back in Dec (6th I think).

17LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again - Page 2 Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:29 am

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Yeah he was. and that role seemed to suit him quite well IMO.

Every day or so, I check out the two clips of his: the highlight goal against TB (what a beaut that was) and that awesome goal against Dallas back in Dec (6th I think).
He's a human highlight film, but what he needs most of all is some consistency.

18LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again - Page 2 Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:36 am

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

agreed! i'd be SO ecstatic if he could pot 30-35 this year! WOW! Here's hoping!

19LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again - Page 2 Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:07 am

Vermette is our best faceoff man, we cannot afford to lose him. I know this sounds horrible but i would argue that Fisher is an overpaid 3rd line center and ... sorry I just cant say it Sad

20LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again - Page 2 Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:33 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm not ready to trade Fisher...yet.
And even the thought of doing it makes my stomach turn a bit.

I think as long as he stays healthy, he'll shut up the naysayers this year...

21LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again - Page 2 Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:51 pm

AlfieforPM

AlfieforPM
Prospect
Prospect

Ya but Seabrook could be a legit #1 D man on an NHL club in a few years.... That is WAAAYYY more valuable then a secondary scorer who puts up 50 pts on a decent contract. We are talking abouut support players vs. CORP players here there is no contest. Vermette <<< Seabrook.

22LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again - Page 2 Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

blazer_2458 wrote:Vermette is our best faceoff man, we cannot afford to lose him. I know this sounds horrible but i would argue that Fisher is an overpaid 3rd line center and ... sorry I just cant say it Sad

If Hartsburg keeps the lines the way they are (which he won't), I will scream about paying a 3rd line center 4.2 million.

But, I think it'll be Vermette - Fisher - Alfie.

23LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again - Page 2 Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

May I be so bald as to ask what the difference is between Meszaros and Seabrook?

Seabrook plays his weight, or is it subtle nuances in the defensive zone?

They look very similar statistically.

24LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again - Page 2 Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:17 pm

blazer_2458 wrote:Vermette is our best faceoff man, we cannot afford to lose him. I know this sounds horrible but i would argue that Fisher is an overpaid 3rd line center and ... sorry I just cant say it Sad
I don't even know what to say...I have no idea how you can place Vermette's value above Fisher.
Take another look - Its not even close.

25LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again - Page 2 Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:19 pm

504Heater wrote:May I be so bald as to ask what the difference is between Meszaros and Seabrook?

Seabrook plays his weight, or is it subtle nuances in the defensive zone?

They look very similar statistically.
You may be bald, I can't answer that for you...
Consider who they played for and those stats don't look anywhere near as similar as they do on first glance.
Whenever I try to understand how good Seabrook may or may not be, I just look at his draft position and draft year - Being drafted 14th overall in the 2003 draft says a LOT.

26LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again - Page 2 Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:39 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I was going to come in and discuss why this trade might potentially make sense, but Al Cimaglia over at HB has a great write-up regarding the Blackhawks necessary impending roster moves, and the need to clear cap space to facilitate those moves.

It seems they only have about 10 forwards signed for this season, and their available cap doesn't allow for many moves.
They also seem to have an abundance of young defensemen, and Seabrook would almost certainly net them a top 6 forward in exchange.

Maybe a nice trade would be:

Antoine Vermette + SJ's first round pick
for
Keith Seabrook + CHI's first round pick

27LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again - Page 2 Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:03 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:Maybe a nice trade would be:

for

Kinda hurts to give up AV, though.

Don't they need a bit more grit? Say, a Chris Neil type? We could throw in McAmmond, and just for kicks, I'll toss in Henessey (just because he came from an Ott/Chi/SJ trade; and because I think he's useless to us.)

28LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again - Page 2 Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:14 pm

AlfieforPM

AlfieforPM
Prospect
Prospect

PKC wrote:I was going to come in and discuss why this trade might potentially make sense, but Al Cimaglia over at HB has a great write-up regarding the Blackhawks necessary impending roster moves, and the need to clear cap space to facilitate those moves.

It seems they only have about 10 forwards signed for this season, and their available cap doesn't allow for many moves.
They also seem to have an abundance of young defensemen, and Seabrook would almost certainly net them a top 6 forward in exchange.

Maybe a nice trade would be:

for
Chicago gets fleeced. Seabrook > Vermette and Chicago's 1st > San Jose's 1st

29LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again - Page 2 Empty Re: LOL! Vermette for Seabrook on again Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:15 pm

Hennessy is solid for Bingo and doesn't complain...I would rather keep him, unless it was for another move geared towards a Bingo-benefit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum