GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vermette stiffed, again

+8
Cronie
SensFan71
PTFlea
Jordo
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
caissie_1
SeawaySensFan
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Vermette stiffed, again Empty Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:55 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hands of Stone Kelly gets the nod on the top line while the French Guy gets to play with a callup and a Ruutu.

2Vermette stiffed, again Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:57 am

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Kelly has gotten alot of chances just hasn't put them in. But i agree Vermette should of gotten a shot.

3Vermette stiffed, again Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:00 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kelly is the defensive minded player on that line plain and simple. he will make sure we don't get embarrased every time that line is out there. Vermette turns into a different player when on the top line and forgets how to score and generate offense.

- Unknown Author

4Vermette stiffed, again Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:04 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Kelly is the defensive minded player on that line plain and simple. he will make sure we don't get embarrased every time that line is out there. Vermette turns into a different player when on the top line and forgets how to score and generate offense.

At least you can never accuse Kelly of forgetting how to score. I guess you're right, though. Vermette is quite deserving of getting screwed over as usual.

5Vermette stiffed, again Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:04 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Vermete has played there a few times, several games in a row this year. Kelly filled in there two years ago when all our centers went down and did a decent job.

What I don't agree with is burying our best face off man on wing or on the third line.

6Vermette stiffed, again Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:09 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Vermete has played there a few times, several games in a row this year.

Antoine Vermette?? Never happened. Not this year, or any other. Hands of Stone on the other hand (of stone)...

7Vermette stiffed, again Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:11 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

I'm surprised they didn't reunite Winchester with the top two- they were playing pretty strong at the start of the year together, and you really don't affect the other lines all that much.

and stop bashing Kelly.

8Vermette stiffed, again Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:12 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jordo wrote:I'm surprised they didn't reunite Winchester with the top two- they were playing pretty strong at the start of the year together, and you really don't affect the other lines all that much.

and stop bashing Kelly.

Who's bashing Kelly?

9Vermette stiffed, again Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:13 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Kelly is the defensive minded player on that line plain and simple. he will make sure we don't get embarrased every time that line is out there. Vermette turns into a different player when on the top line and forgets how to score and generate offense.

At least you can never accuse Kelly of forgetting how to score. I guess you're right, though. Vermette is quite deserving of getting screwed over as usual.

Must be a conspiracy because even Clouston wants to screw him over.

- Unknown Author

10Vermette stiffed, again Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:16 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Must be a conspiracy because even Clouston wants to screw him over.

That's right. "Conspiracy". I'm some sort of whack job for saying that Vermette is getting screwed over.

My bad. He's getting some well-deserved rewards for his continued hard work and recent offensive success.

11Vermette stiffed, again Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:16 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Vermete has played there a few times, several games in a row this year.

Antoine Vermette?? Never happened. Not this year, or any other. Hands of Stone on the other hand (of stone)...

Wrong. Vermette absolutely has played on the top line with Spezza and Heatley. Now you're just being silly.

- Unknown Author

12Vermette stiffed, again Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I'm absolutely sure that earlier this year Vermette got something like 6-8 games on the top line.

13Vermette stiffed, again Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What are you guys talking about? Vermette played with Spezza and Heatley for 8 games at the beginning of the year. Wasn't impressive in the least. Kelly's a great choice, very Alfie-esque (minus the skill).

I thought it would be Winchester for sure, but Kelly's not a bad choice at all. This all hinges on Heatley and Spezza wanting to do this and rising to the challenge.

14Vermette stiffed, again Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:19 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:What are you guys SeaWaySensFan talking about? Vermette played with Spezza and Heatley for 8 games at the beginning of the year. Wasn't impressive in the least. Kelly's a great choice, very Alfie-esque (minus the skill).

I thought it would be Winchester for sure, but Kelly's not a bad choice at all. This all hinges on Heatley and Spezza wanting to do this and rising to the challenge.

Fixed.

- Unknown Author

15Vermette stiffed, again Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:20 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Actually he has

www.frozenpool.com/modules.php?name=LineCombo

He has been on the ice at least 280 times this year with those two...whether it was as an official part of the line or just on the ice at the same time

43 Times last year

Last edited by Dawg's Wife on Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum