GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vermette stiffed, again

+8
Cronie
SensFan71
PTFlea
Jordo
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
caissie_1
SeawaySensFan
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46Vermette stiffed, again - Page 4 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:45 pm

Phoenix30

Veteran
Veteran

Jordo wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:I wonder if Kelly got moved up to be show cased on how well he can play with elite talent. As for Winchester, his one way should not stop him from being sent down. Since he doesn't have to clear waivers his one way contract only means that he gets paid the same there as here. I'd rather pay the price of his contract there and have him gain experience than sitting up here and regressing.

I thought that's what a one-way contract was? One-way....

My understanding is that a one way contract prevents the team from sending him down to the minors without having him go through waivers if he is to be called back up again..

Is this not true?

I read somewhere and as a result was under the impression that he still follows all guidelines of being sent to the minors but its his pay that doesn't change. Richardson had to clear waivers because of his age and games played but he was on a two-way contract. Winchester has only played 52 games in the NHL and just turned 25 in October. Now from what I understand Winchester once he hits 60 games or 2 years in the NHL from when he signed his 1st contract must clear waivers. So I think it would be in Murray's best interest to send him down now to gain experience.

http://www.nhlscap.com/waivers.htm

47Vermette stiffed, again - Page 4 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:06 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Phoenix30 wrote:
Jordo wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:I wonder if Kelly got moved up to be show cased on how well he can play with elite talent. As for Winchester, his one way should not stop him from being sent down. Since he doesn't have to clear waivers his one way contract only means that he gets paid the same there as here. I'd rather pay the price of his contract there and have him gain experience than sitting up here and regressing.

My understanding is that a one way contract prevents the team from sending him down to the minors without having him go through waivers if he is to be called back up again..

Is this not true?

I read somewhere and as a result was under the impression that he still follows all guidelines of being sent to the minors but its his pay that doesn't change. Richardson had to clear waivers because of his age and games played but he was on a two-way contract. Winchester has only played 52 games in the NHL and just turned 25 in October. Now from what I understand Winchester once he hits 60 games or 2 years in the NHL from when he signed his 1st contract must clear waivers. So I think it would be in Murray's best interest to send him down now to gain experience.

Phoenix is right on this. Winchester wouldn't have to clear waivers -- he hasn't played enough games in the NHL yet. And don't ask for explanations if you aren't ready for a lengthy answer... Smile

48Vermette stiffed, again - Page 4 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:08 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow. Rooney. That has to be your shortest CBA related answer EVER. Wink

49Vermette stiffed, again - Page 4 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Now, was that sarcasm?

P.S. Hey, wow, I managed to fix the quoting:)

I managed to "fix" your "fixed" with some facts. But I guess that got lost in the "Make Fun of SeawaySensFan" party.

Not sure I get what you mean. I was in disagreement with your statement that Vermette never played on the top line. Someone else said the same. Then Heater says "What are you guys talking about?" and confirmed Vermette's 8-game tryout. Both Clutch and I react to the "you guys" and Clutch posts his FYP, saving me some typing.

The "managed to fix the quoting" was in reference to another one of Clutch's posts where he screwed up the multi-level quoting (probably cut off one of the closing tags), which I "fixed" in my reply.

No disrespect (sarcastic or facetious) was ever meant to go your way. I just disagreed with your statement that Vermette never played on the top line.

Or am I missing something?

50Vermette stiffed, again - Page 4 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:12 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Wow. Rooney. That has to be your shortest CBA related answer EVER. Wink

I've gone over this one before -- and actually, specifically with Winchester's case -- so no need to repeat. :D

51Vermette stiffed, again - Page 4 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:15 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Aren`t we derailing on the main issue here? DOnt you guys think ANYBODY should score a goal everynight playing with 2 7Million players? When I saw Vermette playing on the op line during the 4-5 games he had at the beginning of the year, I didnt see Tony V struggling, I saw the other two playing like they were the only ones on that line...

52Vermette stiffed, again - Page 4 Empty Vermette dropped from 1st to 3rd (article) Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/11/12/sens_vermette/

Antoine Vermette has been taken off the club's top scoring line with Jason Spezza and Dany Heatley. Nick Foligno, who was recently on the club's fourth line, was inserted in his place on that unit at practice Wednesday.

Vermette has collected just four points in 15 games so far this season,
despite being given a chance to play with more offensive-minded players
for the past six games. He will now play on the wing with his old
centerman Chris Kelly and Shean Donovan.

Last edited by wprager on Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

53Vermette stiffed, again - Page 4 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:17 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'll never forget Spezza looking directly at an open Vermette and electing to pass to a double-covered Heatley.

54Vermette stiffed, again - Page 4 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:21 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:
Jordo wrote:

Is this not true?

Phoenix is right on this. Winchester wouldn't have to clear waivers -- he hasn't played enough games in the NHL yet. And don't ask for explanations if you aren't ready for a lengthy answer... :)

Thanks Rooney.

55Vermette stiffed, again - Page 4 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:29 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/11/12/sens_vermette/

Antoine Vermette has been taken off the club's top scoring line with Jason Spezza and Dany Heatley. Nick Foligno, who was recently on the club's fourth line, was inserted in his place on that unit at practice Wednesday.

Vermette has collected just four points in 15 games so far this season,
despite being given a chance to play with more offensive-minded players
for the past six games. He will now play on the wing with his old
centerman Chris Kelly and Shean Donovan.

Nice job. I remember now. That's when the whole team was being messed with so Alfie could get Fish going.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum