GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vermette stiffed, again

+8
Cronie
SensFan71
PTFlea
Jordo
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
caissie_1
SeawaySensFan
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16Vermette stiffed, again - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:18 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What are you guys talking about? Vermette played with Spezza and Heatley for 8 games at the beginning of the year. Wasn't impressive in the least. Kelly's a great choice, very Alfie-esque (minus the skill).

I thought it would be Winchester for sure, but Kelly's not a bad choice at all. This all hinges on Heatley and Spezza wanting to do this and rising to the challenge.

17Vermette stiffed, again - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:19 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:What are you guys SeaWaySensFan talking about? Vermette played with Spezza and Heatley for 8 games at the beginning of the year. Wasn't impressive in the least. Kelly's a great choice, very Alfie-esque (minus the skill).

I thought it would be Winchester for sure, but Kelly's not a bad choice at all. This all hinges on Heatley and Spezza wanting to do this and rising to the challenge.

Fixed.

18Vermette stiffed, again - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:20 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Vermete has played there a few times, several games in a row this year.

Antoine Vermette?? Never happened. Not this year, or any other. Hands of Stone on the other hand (of stone)...

Actually he has

www.frozenpool.com/modules.php?name=LineCombo

He has been on the ice at least 280 times this year with those two...whether it was as an official part of the line or just on the ice at the same time

43 Times last year

Last edited by Dawg's Wife on Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

19Vermette stiffed, again - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:22 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
504Heater wrote:What are you guys SeaWaySensFan talking about? Vermette played with Spezza and Heatley for 8 games at the beginning of the year. Wasn't impressive in the least. Kelly's a great choice, very Alfie-esque (minus the skill).

Fixed.

You saved me some typing Smile

20Vermette stiffed, again - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:25 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dawg's Wife wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Vermete has played there a few times, several games in a row this year.

Antoine Vermette?? Never happened. Not this year, or any other. Hands of Stone on the other hand (of stone)...

Actually he has

www.frozenpool.com/modules.php?name=LineCombo

He has been on the ice at least 280 times this year with those two...whether it was as an official part of the line or just on the ice at the same time

43 Times last year

He plays a faceoff ringer and Winchester is the one who played on the top line. Vermette has had sporadic appearances and never for even a full game, much less consecutive games.

21Vermette stiffed, again - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:26 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Fixed.

That's too bad. Your posts are usually good for some sarcasm :D

- Unknown Author

22Vermette stiffed, again - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:26 pm

504Heater wrote:What are you guys talking about? Vermette played with Spezza and Heatley for 8 games at the beginning of the year. Wasn't impressive in the least. Kelly's a great choice, very Alfie-esque (minus the skill).

If it were me I'd put Ryan Shannon up there...that Little Buzz saw will make some room for Heatley and Spezza with his speed, and he's shown he can put the puck in the net.

23Vermette stiffed, again - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:45 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Fixed.

"Sarcastic" is when you try to hurt someone's feelings. I try to go for "facetious".

24Vermette stiffed, again - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:45 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dawg's Wife wrote:
504Heater wrote:What are you guys talking about? Vermette played with Spezza and Heatley for 8 games at the beginning of the year. Wasn't impressive in the least. Kelly's a great choice, very Alfie-esque (minus the skill).

If it were me I'd put Ryan Shannon up there...that Little Buzz saw will make some room for Heatley and Spezza with his speed, and he's shown he can put the puck in the net.

That would still break up the best line, though.

25Vermette stiffed, again - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:47 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

That's too bad. Your posts are usually good for some sarcasm :D[/quote]

"Sarcastic" is when you try to hurt someone's feelings. I try to go for "facetious".[/quote]

OK. Thank you for your Facetious posts :D

- Unknown Author

26Vermette stiffed, again - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dawg's Wife wrote:

Absolutely! One of my favourite of the 'new players', but you can't in all good conscience break up Foligno - Fisher - Shannon. They play so well together.

27Vermette stiffed, again - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You know what? Scratch that ^ - Shannon is one of my favourite players on the Sens period. Never takes a shift off, I love it.

28Vermette stiffed, again - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:50 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You guys are the best. I feel like such a fool now.

29Vermette stiffed, again - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:53 pm

504Heater wrote:
Dawg's Wife wrote:

Absolutely! One of my favourite of the 'new players', but you can't in all good conscience break up Foligno - Fisher - Shannon. They play so well together.

I can do what I like...I'm a woman...hell while I'm at it, I call Lindy Ruff and make fun of Vanek. Let's see...Vanek get's hit by a puck shot by Volchie that deflects off of his shoulder and misses rest of game and never seen since.

Alfie gets hit directly by a puck off of Heatley's stick and then returns for end of 3rd and OT and is doubtful but possible for tonight.

30Vermette stiffed, again - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dawg's Wife wrote:I can do what I like...I'm a woman...hell while I'm at it, I call Lindy Ruff and make fun of Vanek. Let's see...Vanek get's hit by a puck shot by Volchie that deflects off of his shoulder and misses rest of game and never seen since.

Alfie gets hit directly by a puck off of Heatley's stick and then returns for end of 3rd and OT and is doubtful but possible for tonight.

Hahhaha. Oh...DW.

31Vermette stiffed, again - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:57 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:

"Sarcastic" is when you try to hurt someone's feelings. I try to go for "facetious".

OK. Thank you for your Facetious posts :D

Now, was that sarcasm?

P.S. Hey, wow, I managed to fix the quoting:)

32Vermette stiffed, again - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:59 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Now, was that sarcasm?

P.S. Hey, wow, I managed to fix the quoting:)

I managed to "fix" your "fixed" with some facts. But I guess that got lost in the "Make Fun of SeawaySensFan" party.

33Vermette stiffed, again - Page 2 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hahahah. Oh SSF...we love you, you know that. I love you

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum