GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vermette stiffed, again

+8
Cronie
SensFan71
PTFlea
Jordo
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
caissie_1
SeawaySensFan
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Vermette stiffed, again - Page 3 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:57 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:
You saved me some typing Smile

That's too bad. Your posts are usually good for some sarcasm :D

"Sarcastic" is when you try to hurt someone's feelings. I try to go for "facetious".

OK. Thank you for your Facetious posts :D

Now, was that sarcasm?

P.S. Hey, wow, I managed to fix the quoting:)

32Vermette stiffed, again - Page 3 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:59 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Now, was that sarcasm?

P.S. Hey, wow, I managed to fix the quoting:)

I managed to "fix" your "fixed" with some facts. But I guess that got lost in the "Make Fun of SeawaySensFan" party.

33Vermette stiffed, again - Page 3 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:01 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hahahah. Oh SSF...we love you, you know that. I love you

34Vermette stiffed, again - Page 3 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:23 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Hahahah. Oh SSF...we love you, you know that. I love you

now that was sarcasm.....lol. squirrel

35Vermette stiffed, again - Page 3 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:28 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensFan71 wrote:
504Heater wrote:Hahahah. Oh SSF...we love you, you know that. I love you

now that was sarcasm.....lol. squirrel

I guess I deserved that, having an opinion and all.

36Vermette stiffed, again - Page 3 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:29 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't think Vermette will be pissed personally. As Clutch pointed out, when Vermette has been promoted to the top line, he forgets all his offensive prowess. He skates into the zone and then has that deer in the headlights look... I much rather see how he reacts tonight on the ice.

37Vermette stiffed, again - Page 3 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:35 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:I don't think Vermette will be pissed personally. As Clutch pointed out, when Vermette has been promoted to the top line, he forgets all his offensive prowess. He skates into the zone and then has that deer in the headlights look... I much rather see how he reacts tonight on the ice.

ugh, wish he would just keep playing the same game he normally does, just skate like the wind, win faceoffs, and shoot when you can, like with heatley, the goals will come.

38Vermette stiffed, again - Page 3 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:36 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

exactly SF. And if there EVER was a time for Vermette to step up and seize the opportunity, it's NOW!

39Vermette stiffed, again - Page 3 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:53 pm

sennies1980

sennies1980
Prospect
Prospect

well tonight is the night i am a lamb amongst chihuahas, yeah i wont call the cansucks wolves hahah. i will be the only sens fan at the pub here in van. waking up to news of alfie out wasn't the way i wanted to start the day thats for sure!
hopefully we pull through and sundin doesn't remember he is a sens killer.

http://talkinghockey.wordpress.com

40Vermette stiffed, again - Page 3 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:53 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:exactly SF. And if there EVER was a time for Vermette to step up and seize the opportunity, it's NOW!

I vaguely remember Sens Fans or management saying the time is now a few times for Vermette, at 2.5 for this year and next, have a bit of patience, but if he wants another payday when contract is due, he needs to get into the 20 to 30 goals a season form quickly.

41Vermette stiffed, again - Page 3 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:54 pm

Agreed Cronie.
And just to clarify whats already been clarified (many times over) Vermette played on a line with the bobsy twins for at least 4 straight games. 8 seems to be more than I remember, but he absolutely got more than enough of an opportunity to show he belonged there.

On the subject of Winchester, instead of Kelly: Did you (whoever suggested it) watch the Colorado game? There is no way Winchester deserved to be promoted to the top line...
(He probably should have been demoted to Binghamton - but the 1-way...)

As for Shannon: He would probably be one of the best fits for that line, but do you really want to break up that 2nd line - the only line going in Colorado..?
I don't.

If not Kelly (or Vermette) than Donovan would be good choice. He always does an admirable job in w/e role he is asked to play. He's played on that line many times (even a few times during the road swing, post-PK) and he has some underrated skill to go along with his quality defensive presence.

42Vermette stiffed, again - Page 3 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:13 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

I wonder if Kelly got moved up to be show cased on how well he can play with elite talent. As for Winchester, his one way should not stop him from being sent down. Since he doesn't have to clear waivers his one way contract only means that he gets paid the same there as here. I'd rather pay the price of his contract there and have him gain experience than sitting up here and regressing.

43Vermette stiffed, again - Page 3 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:17 pm

He doesn't have to clear waivers? Suspect

44Vermette stiffed, again - Page 3 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:26 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Phoenix30 wrote:I wonder if Kelly got moved up to be show cased on how well he can play with elite talent. As for Winchester, his one way should not stop him from being sent down. Since he doesn't have to clear waivers his one way contract only means that he gets paid the same there as here. I'd rather pay the price of his contract there and have him gain experience than sitting up here and regressing.

I thought that's what a one-way contract was? One-way....

My understanding is that a one way contract prevents the team from sending him down to the minors without having him go through waivers if he is to be called back up again..

Is this not true?

45Vermette stiffed, again - Page 3 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

For sure he has to clear waivers. And he would not.

46Vermette stiffed, again - Page 3 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:45 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Jordo wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:I wonder if Kelly got moved up to be show cased on how well he can play with elite talent. As for Winchester, his one way should not stop him from being sent down. Since he doesn't have to clear waivers his one way contract only means that he gets paid the same there as here. I'd rather pay the price of his contract there and have him gain experience than sitting up here and regressing.

My understanding is that a one way contract prevents the team from sending him down to the minors without having him go through waivers if he is to be called back up again..

Is this not true?

I read somewhere and as a result was under the impression that he still follows all guidelines of being sent to the minors but its his pay that doesn't change. Richardson had to clear waivers because of his age and games played but he was on a two-way contract. Winchester has only played 52 games in the NHL and just turned 25 in October. Now from what I understand Winchester once he hits 60 games or 2 years in the NHL from when he signed his 1st contract must clear waivers. So I think it would be in Murray's best interest to send him down now to gain experience.

http://www.nhlscap.com/waivers.htm

47Vermette stiffed, again - Page 3 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:06 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Phoenix30 wrote:
Jordo wrote:

Is this not true?

I read somewhere and as a result was under the impression that he still follows all guidelines of being sent to the minors but its his pay that doesn't change. Richardson had to clear waivers because of his age and games played but he was on a two-way contract. Winchester has only played 52 games in the NHL and just turned 25 in October. Now from what I understand Winchester once he hits 60 games or 2 years in the NHL from when he signed his 1st contract must clear waivers. So I think it would be in Murray's best interest to send him down now to gain experience.

http://www.nhlscap.com/waivers.htm

Phoenix is right on this. Winchester wouldn't have to clear waivers -- he hasn't played enough games in the NHL yet. And don't ask for explanations if you aren't ready for a lengthy answer... Smile

48Vermette stiffed, again - Page 3 Empty Re: Vermette stiffed, again Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:08 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow. Rooney. That has to be your shortest CBA related answer EVER. Wink

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum