GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vermette for Leclaire?

+18
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
Mojo
beerandsens
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
beedub
Acrobat
Flo The Action
dennycrane
Phoenix30
Urkie
LeCaptain
PTFlea
davetherave
asq2
Riprock
rooneypoo
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

61Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:48 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:There is no market for Goalies right now. Vermette for Leclaire could be done in the summer if BM wants to. If Columbus really wants Vermette for the playoff run it is going to cost more than an expensive, injured backup. Everyone please stop with the Kris Russell, BM picked up Campoli so I would imagine he is no longer interested in Russell.

He's only just begun to revamp this crappy D, Russell is really, really good. I betcha he's going for him as well.

well if we are throwing in Russell, hell, let's get Hamhuis too, now if you had to pick between the two, Hamhuis or Russel? I believe someone around here said too that Karlsson (Eric) was making the jump to North America next year as well.

62Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:49 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensFan71 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I don't like Leclaires save percentage, in particular. I think everyone knows where I stand on Vermette.

We all know you have a serious man-crush on Vermie, he's just so delicious lol.

If I were prone to man-crushing, Mike Fisher would be my favorite player. And I'd have to change my name to Goodie Wilson.

63Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:54 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I don't like Leclaires save percentage, in particular. I think everyone knows where I stand on Vermette.

We all know you have a serious man-crush on Vermie, he's just so delicious lol.

If I were prone to man-crushing, Mike Fisher would be my favorite player. And I'd have to change my name to Goodie Wilson.

and at that point, you would be starting a feud with Carrie Underwood for his affection, oh the drama lol. DOH!

64Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:30 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

I'm a leclaire fan, but this trade stinks for ottawa. We lose one our only legitimate 2nd line guys who also dominates face offs and kills penalties. We gain something we already have. A goalie with potential. But injury prone with a big price tag. Upgrade d first. If you upgrade goal you better get a proven guy, not a question mark.

65Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:34 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

I really hope Murray doesn't touch Leclaire. He would be just another average goalie in Ottawa. I think Backstrom is the way to go on July 1st.

66Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:36 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mojo wrote:I really hope Murray doesn't touch Leclaire. He would be just another average goalie in Ottawa. I think Backstrom is the way to go on July 1st.

Not sold on Backstrom either. At one point Harding was threatening his job. He's going to be over paid. Do we want to over pay in goal again after the Gerber fiasco?

- Unknown Author

67Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
well if we are throwing in Russell, hell, let's get Hamhuis too, now if you had to pick between the two, Hamhuis or Russel? I believe someone around here said too that Karlsson (Eric) was making the jump to North America next year as well.

Hamhuis is twice the D-man Russell is IMO, but Russell has the goods too. If we could get Hamhuis, we'd be on the way back to respectability.

68Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Not sold on Backstrom either. At one point Harding was threatening his job. He's going to be over paid. Do we want to over pay in goal again after the Gerber fiasco?

If we're gonna do this, then do it right IMO. Backstrom is an elite goalie, even in a defensive system like Minny's, he's awesome.

69Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:48 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I would applaud offering Backstrom 4 x 4.5 - 5.0 million

Highest paid goalie in Sens history I think, but he's only 30, entering his prime as a goaltender. Other than Hasek, would be the highest profile goalie Ottawa would have ever had.

70Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:51 pm

Jesus, I dont get people... people in Ottawa are willing to wait 7 year for Spezza to come around in Ottawa, but they are not willing to wait less than 6 months for a top goaltending prospect to try and be the number 1 guy.

Ottawa always tried to short term fix with goaltending and what happens? Gerber, Hasek... Do it right, develope your number 1 guy during a REBUILD year, which next year defently is, the playoffs are still a long shot.

For once it looks like Ottawa is going to handle their goaltending situation correctly.

71Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:53 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

beedub wrote:I would applaud offering Backstrom 4 x 4.5 - 5.0 million

Highest paid goalie in Sens history I think, but he's only 30, entering his prime as a goaltender. Other than Hasek, would be the highest profile goalie Ottawa would have ever had.

4.5 to 5 might be a bargain considering what Backstrom could get around the league. we know how the Hasek thing went, but just as easily, he could have not gotten hurt and Ottawa could have put on a serious push that year as well.

72Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:54 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:Jesus, I dont get people... people in Ottawa are willing to wait 7 year for Spezza to come around in Ottawa, but they are not willing to wait less than 6 months for a top goaltending prospect to try and be the number 1 guy.

Ottawa always tried to short term fix with goaltending and what happens? Gerber, Hasek... Do it right, develope your number 1 guy during a REBUILD year, which next year defently is, the playoffs are still a long shot.

For once it looks like Ottawa is going to handle their goaltending situation correctly.

I'm with you. Where was Spezza in that game? Elliott should have had the luxury of allowing 4 goals and still enjoy a comfortable victory against Cujo and the Leafs. Instead he gets the loss and is made the goat.

73Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:56 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I think the patience for Spezza stems from the fact that he is an elite level center, and the Sens have been waiting with fingers crossed that he'd grow up. They have also invested way too much money in him (granted, out of necessity).

Elliot is another in the line of backups/rookies that Ottawa has brought in to be the next "one" and nothing has worked. Patience is very thin, I would imagine

Elliot may be the "one" two or three years from now.

74Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:01 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Neely4Life wrote:Jesus, I dont get people... people in Ottawa are willing to wait 7 year for Spezza to come around in Ottawa, but they are not willing to wait less than 6 months for a top goaltending prospect to try and be the number 1 guy.

The problem is, I think Ottawa tried to get the short-term fix with Elliot by bringing him up too early. I really think Elliot would have been much better served by playing in thr AHL all year where he was a top goalie playing on a team that was having a good year. It would have been so much better for his confidence and he would be getting more regular minutes. What good came about sending Gerber down? It only provided us with more cap space that we don't need while still hitting Melnyk's pocket at the same time.

75Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:02 pm

beedub wrote:I think the patience for Spezza stems from the fact that he is an elite level center, and the Sens have been waiting with fingers crossed that he'd grow up. They have also invested way too much money in him (granted, out of necessity).

Elliot is another in the line of backups/rookies that Ottawa has brought in to be the next "one" and nothing has worked. Patience is very thin, I would imagine

Elliot may be the "one" two or three years from now.

Fact of the matter is people in Ottawa are obsessed with the names on the back of jersey's instead of the logo on the front. Ottawa fans have a "please look at us' complex. Thats why people want Spezza to stay, and thats why people want to go get the next big thing in goal.

Gerber was all the rage 3 years ago, and people who say he wasnt are liars. Everyone was excitted and then our rookie goaltender stole the job. Elliott will end up stealing the job again IMO and then we will be stuck with a 4 million dollar backup again that is impossible to trade.

76Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:05 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:Fact of the matter is people in Ottawa are obsessed with the names on the back of jersey's instead of the logo on the front. Ottawa fans have a "please look at us' complex. Thats why people want Spezza to stay, and thats why people want to go get the next big thing in goal.

And that's why they want us to sign/keep players because they have famous girlfriends.

77Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:08 pm

Meh, I like Fisher, not a big fan of Comrie so...

78Vermette for Leclaire? - Page 5 Empty Re: Vermette for Leclaire? Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:10 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:Meh, I like Fisher, not a big fan of Comrie so...

I was just supporting your argument about the "look at me" complex. But thanks for that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum