GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08

+12
rooneypoo
shabbs
wprager
jamvan
SensGirl11
PKC
Riprock
Cronie
Number Twenty Nine
TheAvatar
beedub
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

What is Phillips doing this year?

TheAvatar wrote:What is Phillips doing this year?
nothing. Abso-fu**in-lutely nothing

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

BAH!

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Why can't we buy refs as well ?

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

TheAvatar wrote:Why can't we buy refs as well ?

Because they only accept sexual favours and none of our guys are willing... Why do you think Lapierre is out??? Don van Massenhoven can be rough!!!

81Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:01 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

good answer!

82Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:17 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

why the frank would you put vermette up for the shootout .... somebody frank and explain this to me. hands-of-cement vermette. come the frank on. why not put bell ?

83Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:17 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

heads are gonna fall

84Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:21 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GOD DAMMIT!!!!

85Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:21 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Auld's 5-hole is HUGE. We gotta win these games in regulation.

86Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:24 pm

shabbs wrote:Auld's 5-hole is HUGE. We gotta win these games in regulation.

We DID win that game in regulation. Montreal gets a free 2 point gift tonight. That game was 3-2 in regulation for the Sens.

87Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:29 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah, we got robbed.

88Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:31 pm

It's a bunch of chicken-Dung bullshit.

89Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:42 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

You know what they say... when you're on the end of a winning streak, you win ones that you should probably lose, and when you're on the end of a losing streak, you lose ones you should probably win.

That was a good game from us, and it's something we can build on, along with the previous game. Bounces and calls didn't go our way tonight, that's all. I think our defensive game is really coming along -- that's another game with very few shots on net. Now we just have to start figuring out how to put 2-3 pucks in the net a night.

That, and practice the shootout. Seriously. We're now 7-20 on those things, lifetime. Figure it out. It's part of the game, so work it into your practice so guys are better prepared for it.

Anyone notice Spezza talking to himself before he took his shot, btw? Great moment for him. He willed that one in.

90Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:48 pm

I can't believe the hands of stone Vermette has this season. It's unreal some of the chances he's missed. It's painful to watch.

91Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:55 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock34 wrote:I can't believe the hands of stone Vermette has this season. It's unreal some of the chances he's missed. It's painful to watch.

That's true, and I don't want to defend him too much, because when it comes down to it, points are what matter. But, I believe his slump is not caused by lack of effort. He's getting the chances. He's putting himself in these scoring areas, he's getting shots, making some nice plays, he just cannot bury it. He needs psychologist, and i'm not even kidding. That's why I think Hartsburg is putting him in the shootout, hoping that he'll score and get himself out of this funk.

Could you imagine if he actually did started scoring, and scored on all chances he should be scoring on, he'd be near the top of this team.

Again I'm not trying to defend him too much, because when it comes down to it, he's not producing the points. I'm just happy it's not due to lack of effort. He's no Schaeffer.

92Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:23 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

This team is so close to finally playing a good all-around game. The defense is there like I anticipated it should be...they just need to capitalize on opportunities.

Vermette...what can I say...this guy is snake-bitten. I just don't understand what's wrong with this poor kid.

Spezza...maybe it is time to trade him. When your team is losing, you need your best players to step up and will their team to a win. Spezza hasn't brought any of that this year...and that makes me concerned. He just hasn't had a game breaking element this season, or in a while for that matter.

Heatley once again showed he can be absolutely dominant on the ice whenever he wants to be.

Why not trade Spezza down for some more pieces...not because he's playing bad...but maybe Heatley and Alfredsson are enough for top end talent on this team.

Why not trade Spezza for a lower scoring number 1 center, a top 4 defenseman and a prospect/pick. Then, let Alfredsson and Heatley dominate like we know they can. They'll still have a number 1 center feeding them the puck, but let them take over the game.

That's my take anyways.

93Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 6 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:29 pm

PKC wrote:This team is so close to finally playing a good all-around game. The defense is there like I anticipated it should be...they just need to capitalize on opportunities.

Vermette...what can I say...this guy is snake-bitten. I just don't understand what's wrong with this poor kid.

Spezza...maybe it is time to trade him. When your team is losing, you need your best players to step up and will their team to a win. Spezza hasn't brought any of that this year...and that makes me concerned. He just hasn't had a game breaking element this season, or in a while for that matter.

Heatley once again showed he can be absolutely dominant on the ice whenever he wants to be.

Why not trade Spezza down for some more pieces...not because he's playing bad...but maybe Heatley and Alfredsson are enough for top end talent on this team.

Why not trade Spezza for a lower scoring number 1 center, a top 4 defenseman and a prospect/pick. Then, let Alfredsson and Heatley dominate like we know they can. They'll still have a number 1 center feeding them the puck, but let them take over the game.

That's my take anyways.

I'd have to agree. The thing that is driving me crazy with Spezza is almost everytime he rushes the puck up ice he steps over the opposing team's blue line, makes a move and then loses the puck. Simplify your game Spezza. Sometimes the dump in is the better play. Our forecheck tonight was unreal, so I'd have no problem with him dumping the puck in the way we were forechecking.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum