GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08

+12
rooneypoo
shabbs
wprager
jamvan
SensGirl11
PKC
Riprock
Cronie
Number Twenty Nine
TheAvatar
beedub
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

1Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Empty Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:29 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Montreal is on a slide after beating us 4 to nothing and are also suffering through injuries to some key players. There once feared Powerplay is suffering through a power outage. Ottawa is now without Fisher and Neil for at least a few weeks and Schubert still can't crack the lineup. As we all know by now Bass has been re-called. Is this the kick in the arse this team needs in order to get back on track or are we in for a fight to win the Draft Lottery?

- Unknown Author

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I hate to piss on the parade, but I am quite afraid that Montreal is going to have a monster night tonight, as they have been playing poorly of late, and must be getting pissed off. When you are sick and tired of a little losing streak, you are going to kick the dung out of a team with no identity

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Don't you think that Ottawa is a little bit pi$$ed off as well? I say these injuries will be a strong catalyst. Watch out for the sens dominating the Habs right out of the gate tonight.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

OR, the Habs aren't ready to believe they need to work hard to win and they haven't hit that point yet?

- Unknown Author

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

TheAvatar wrote:Don't you think that Ottawa is a little bit pi$$ed off as well? I say these injuries will be a strong catalyst. Watch out for the sens dominating the Habs right out of the gate tonight.

The Sens have every reason to be pissed off and actually show emotion, but history from the last year has shown that they are not and will not.

We need a bench clearing brawl to get us out of this thing once and for all.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I REALLY want to agree with Av... I want to believe that the Sens are officially pissed with their record and level of play lately. Granted, we saw them show the beginnings of returning to a more sound level of play against NY earlier in the week, so I have to hope that with yet ANOTHER infusion of youth being recalled, that they will hit the ground running and NOT look back.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think these injuries might be the catalyst.

- Unknown Author

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:Don't you think that Ottawa is a little bit pi$$ed off as well? I say these injuries will be a strong catalyst. Watch out for the sens dominating the Habs right out of the gate tonight.

The Sens have every reason to be pissed off and actually show emotion, but history from the last year has shown that they are not and will not.

We need a bench clearing brawl to get us out of this thing once and for all.

I would be ALL for a massive bench-clearing brawl... I want to see these guys snarling and gritting their teeth because they are so angry and rarin' to go!!

beedub wrote:I hate to piss on the parade, but I am quite afraid that Montreal is going to have a monster night tonight, as they have been playing poorly of late, and must be getting pissed off. When you are sick and tired of a little losing streak, you are going to kick the dung out of a team with no identity

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this. Even if the Sens turn their season around, there are at least 3 clubs that are more of a contender in the East, two of which are in our division. Time to tank, sell off some assets and get a blue chipper.

10Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:34 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Brawls are over-rated. Just make a committment to playing the system for 60 minutes and playing hard defensively. That 52 Minute effort on Monday was nice but those 8 minutes cost us the game.

- Unknown Author

11Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:36 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

When yo usay sell, I surely hope you do not mean any of Heatley, Aflredsson or Spezza. That would be bad.

12Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:37 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock34 wrote:
beedub wrote:I hate to piss on the parade, but I am quite afraid that Montreal is going to have a monster night tonight, as they have been playing poorly of late, and must be getting pissed off. When you are sick and tired of a little losing streak, you are going to kick the dung out of a team with no identity

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this. Even if the Sens turn their season around, there are at least 3 clubs that are more of a contender in the East, two of which are in our division. Time to tank, sell off some assets and get a blue chipper.

The problem with that is, if they turn the season around they're not gonna sell off assests. What they'll likely do is try to improve the team through trades on or around deadline day. I would think if we manage to get Jay Bow or Ohlund for the rumoured deals out there; we will become contenders at that point. KEEP in mind this is IF the season gets turned around. In no way am I implying that this move will make us instant contenders on its own.

- Unknown Author

13Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:39 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

by selling, I'd be fine with saying bye-bye to Kelly, Vermette, Schubert, Gerbs, and even Neil and then stock up on picks, and let the HUNGRY boys in Bingo come in and show us what they can do.

It sounds like a LOT of people are writing the Sens off already. Sad
NEver mind not making the post-season, but a fight for the lottery? C'mon...

14Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:51 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I said is this our turnaround OR is it a season of tanking? I only asked the question. I always have faith :D

- Unknown Author

15Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:52 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

oh I didn't mean you personally Clutch. I just meant a LOT of fans in general seem ready to throw in the towel.
If they are still struggling by the 35-40 game mark, I may officially lose faith for THIS season anyway...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum