GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08

+12
rooneypoo
shabbs
wprager
jamvan
SensGirl11
PKC
Riprock
Cronie
Number Twenty Nine
TheAvatar
beedub
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

121Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 9 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:02 pm

dirtydirtynorth wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
dirtydirtynorth wrote:Why would you want to sit one of our few plus players??? The guy is a solid PKer, has more hits than Donovan, more Take Aways than Donovan, less Give Aways, and doesn't take stupid penalties. He works hard every shift, plays defensively responsible hockey, and is one of the few players who when he comes on the ice brings energy consistently... Those shifts of his energize this club when they are playing poorly.

I don't know why you'd want to scratch McAmmond.
Stats lie. McAmmond should be credited with ZERO hits so far this year. As for +/- I always have the same answer - TOM PREISSING

Tom Preissing was playing on a team that could score... McAmmond isn't

Touche

122Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 9 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:03 pm

dirtydirtynorth wrote:I don't think sitting Vermette would accomplish anything. I'm pretty sure he knows he's not finishing. The fact that he is getting the scoring chances shows that he is putting in the effort. He just can't finish. He really needs to see a sports psychologist or something.

When it comes for him, when he will be able to finish, look out. Last night he managed to slide the puck under Carey Price (on the Zubov pass) and somehow miss the net and go right through the crease. Probably harder to do that than actually score on that play... He's playing well, but just not finishing. He's getting hte shots, he's getting open, he's distributing, he has the skill he just right now doesn't have the mental game. But he's working hard, and when he starts burrying it, his plus minus will go up too.

On a side note, i really liked that 2nd PP, they should make that our 2nd line against the rangers:

Alfie - Spezz - Heater
Zubov - Vermette - Foligno
Ruutu - Kells - Winnie
Donovan - Bass - McAmmond

Although I think Ruutu and McAmmond play really well together (a la Penalty Kill)
How many years have we been waiting ? Get him outta here now.

123Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 9 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:07 pm

hemlock34 wrote:
dirtydirtynorth wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
dirtydirtynorth wrote:Why would you want to sit one of our few plus players??? The guy is a solid PKer, has more hits than Donovan, more Take Aways than Donovan, less Give Aways, and doesn't take stupid penalties. He works hard every shift, plays defensively responsible hockey, and is one of the few players who when he comes on the ice brings energy consistently... Those shifts of his energize this club when they are playing poorly.

I don't know why you'd want to scratch McAmmond.
Stats lie. McAmmond should be credited with ZERO hits so far this year. As for +/- I always have the same answer - TOM PREISSING

Tom Preissing was playing on a team that could score... McAmmond isn't

Touche
Spezza is a -1, McAmmond is a +2, yet somehow Jason Spezza is regarded around here a the worst defensive player in the history of the NHL.

124Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 9 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:10 pm

Plus minus is a BS stat. Doesnt matter if you're minus 20 or plus 50, it does not tell the whole story. There are 5 guys on the ice for a plus or a minus and it just takes 1 mistake from 1 guy to screw the other 4. Not a good way of determining the play of the 4 other guys.

125Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 9 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:18 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

RobbyJ wrote:
dirtydirtynorth wrote:I don't think sitting Vermette would accomplish anything. I'm pretty sure he knows he's not finishing. The fact that he is getting the scoring chances shows that he is putting in the effort. He just can't finish. He really needs to see a sports psychologist or something.

When it comes for him, when he will be able to finish, look out. Last night he managed to slide the puck under Carey Price (on the Zubov pass) and somehow miss the net and go right through the crease. Probably harder to do that than actually score on that play... He's playing well, but just not finishing. He's getting hte shots, he's getting open, he's distributing, he has the skill he just right now doesn't have the mental game. But he's working hard, and when he starts burrying it, his plus minus will go up too.

On a side note, i really liked that 2nd PP, they should make that our 2nd line against the rangers:

Alfie - Spezz - Heater
Zubov - Vermette - Foligno
Ruutu - Kells - Winnie
Donovan - Bass - McAmmond

Although I think Ruutu and McAmmond play really well together (a la Penalty Kill)
How many years have we been waiting ? Get him outta here now.

He has never had the chances that he's had this year. He's never come out flying like this before. People are quick to jump on him, and always have been, something I have never understood. Last year people were so quick to jump on him even though he only made a little over 1 million.

What i meant was once he begins to actually play like he did last year, i mean with enough accuracy to put a puck in an open net, combine that with the the chances he is getting this year, he'll finally become that secondary scoring threat we have always sought.

The sad thing is, even if i'm right, and lets say he goes on to pot 50 points in the last 60 games, people will say "well he only got 54pts this year, that's not good enough." and want to trade him still. He's always been persecuted because of his 'potential'. Stop acting like he was Alexandre Daigle. He was drafted late in the second in a weak draft, and only two players drafted after him has had more points.

126Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 9 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:21 pm

I agree with that, and the last 2 games Vermette has gotten his chances which is a good sign he is close to coming out of this funk. That being said the season is 20% over and he is making good cash now. If he keeps working hard the pts will come for Vermette I think, but if he is the piece to this team that can land us a decent D man in a package or something, then you will have to deal him.

127Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 9 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:48 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

He seems to be missing great chances in tight. I've lost a lot of confidence in him. He used to be almost a sure thing on a breakaway or in tight, but now, I'm not so sure.

128Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 9 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:50 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Gripping the stick too tight ... that's what.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum