GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08

+12
rooneypoo
shabbs
wprager
jamvan
SensGirl11
PKC
Riprock
Cronie
Number Twenty Nine
TheAvatar
beedub
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

16Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:39 am

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

by selling, I'd be fine with saying bye-bye to Kelly, Vermette, Schubert, Gerbs, and even Neil and then stock up on picks, and let the HUNGRY boys in Bingo come in and show us what they can do.

It sounds like a LOT of people are writing the Sens off already. Sad
NEver mind not making the post-season, but a fight for the lottery? C'mon...

17Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:51 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I said is this our turnaround OR is it a season of tanking? I only asked the question. I always have faith :D

18Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:52 am

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

oh I didn't mean you personally Clutch. I just meant a LOT of fans in general seem ready to throw in the towel.
If they are still struggling by the 35-40 game mark, I may officially lose faith for THIS season anyway...

19Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:53 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Would it really be bad for the Sens to get a lottery pick this year? Sell off some assets at the deadline, use the MASSIVE amount of cash available for next season, and come back next year stronger than ever.

A 1 year mini-rebuild.

20Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:10 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Alfie seems worried enough that I think tonight could be a 3 goal night for him. Here's to hoping.

21Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:26 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

TOnight we are the Bongo Sens accompanied by the Big 3

22Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:38 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Cronenbergfan wrote:by selling, I'd be fine with saying bye-bye to Kelly, Vermette, Schubert, Gerbs, and even Neil and then stock up on picks, and let the HUNGRY boys in Bingo come in and show us what they can do.

It sounds like a LOT of people are writing the Sens off already. Sad
NEver mind not making the post-season, but a fight for the lottery? C'mon...

The way I see it, there's only two options for our team... winning the cup, which is unlikely this year, or getting a top 5 pick, as well as another first likely in the low 20s.

I'm not sure what you can get for those players though (Kelly, Vermette, Neil, Schubert, Gerber). Marty is unlikely to get you anything but cap relief. Vermette might get a 2nd or later.

23Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:22 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cronenbergfan wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:Don't you think that Ottawa is a little bit pi$$ed off as well? I say these injuries will be a strong catalyst. Watch out for the sens dominating the Habs right out of the gate tonight.

The Sens have every reason to be pissed off and actually show emotion, but history from the last year has shown that they are not and will not.

We need a bench clearing brawl to get us out of this thing once and for all.

I would be ALL for a massive bench-clearing brawl... I want to see these guys snarling and gritting their teeth because they are so angry and rarin' to go!!

I wouldn't mind seeing Craig and Carbo go for it. Their careers overlapped by about 7 years, I'm sure they could dig down and find something to resurrect a grudge.

24Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 2 Empty Good article Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2008/11/20/7474126-sun.html

Recalls how injuries 2 years ago helped the team to gel.

25Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:35 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Montreal is on a slide after beating us 4 to nothing and are also suffering through injuries to some key players. There once feared Powerplay is suffering through a power outage. Ottawa is now without Fisher and Neil for at least a few weeks and Schubert still can't crack the lineup. As we all know by now Bass has been re-called. Is this the kick in the arse this team needs in order to get back on track or are we in for a fight to win the Draft Lottery?
Nice job Cap'n! HA HA!

Hopefully a big game fro the Sens. They're due!

26Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 2 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:37 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Here are the projected lines:
Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson
Kelly - Vermette - Winchester
Ruutu - McAmmond - Donovan
Foligno - Bass - Zubov

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

jamvan wrote:Here are the projected lines:
Foligno - Bass - Zubov

Oooh, boy. That second line looks like an OK third. I'm soooo hoping I'm wrong on this one. Surely Zubov couldn't do any worse (offensively) than Vermette and Kelly have managed? And why are we bringing up Bass to replace Neil, instead of, say, Smith to replace our missing secondary scoring?

wprager wrote:
jamvan wrote:Here are the projected lines:
Foligno - Bass - Zubov

Oooh, boy. That second line looks like an OK third. I'm soooo hoping I'm wrong on this one. Surely Zubov couldn't do any worse (offensively) than Vermette and Kelly have managed? And why are we bringing up Bass to replace Neil, instead of, say, Smith to replace our missing secondary scoring?
It's a little early in Smith's career to count on him for secondary scoring. Just be patient and hope he might be ready to contribute on the 3rd/4th lines next year.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

zubov of the 4th line makes ABSOLUTE-FRANK-LY NO SENSE

TheAvatar wrote:zubov of the 4th line makes ABSOLUTE-FRANK-LY NO SENSE
I hope they give the "4th line" at least the same amount of ice time as the "3rd Line" or should I say "2nd 3rd line" since we hape 2.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Agreed totally there.

Bump Ruutu back to the fourth with Foligno and Bass, insert Zubov alongside Vermette and Kelly/Winchester, and move one of Kelly / Winchester back to play with McAmmond and Donovan.

At least that way you've got a 4th line you'll actually play for 8-10 minutes a game, plus a little more offence on lines 2 and 3. Zubov on line 4 means we won't play that line much, AND that he won't contribute offensively.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:

Agreed totally there.

Bump Ruutu back to the fourth with Foligno and Bass, insert Zubov alongside Vermette and Kelly/Winchester, and move one of Kelly / Winchester back to play with McAmmond and Donovan.

At least that way you've got a 4th line you'll actually play for 8-10 minutes a game, plus a little more offence on lines 2 and 3. Zubov on line 4 means we won't play that line much, AND that he won't contribute offensively.

Two years ago when Spezza, Fisher and Vermette (our top three centres, depth-wise) went down to injuried Kelly filled in on the top line, and did more than just OK.

Why not try:

Heatley-Kelly-Alfredsson
Vermette-Spezza-Zubov
Donovan-McAmmond-Foligno/Winchester
Ruutu-Bass-Winchester/Foligno/Schubert

I, for one, am not ready to completely give up on Schubert. He was one of our favorites last two years, specifically because the role of fourth-liner and defensive fill-in was so well-suited for him. He can help the team in that role, short-term; long-term I think he's burned his bridges and will have to be moved.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Well, it seems everyone is dimmer than a fat cat about the team but I for one am intrigued about the projected lines. Not sure how much playing time they'll get but that 4th line is going to bring a lot of energy. All three guys have something to prove. The top line will be looking to step it up with the injuries, the second line has proven chemistry and also, no doubt, has a lot to prove. The third line will also bring a lot of energy and I've been very impressed with mcammond these last couple games. I also think Bell did very well in his first game.
It's interesting that we're complaining about these injuries but while they were healthy, both these guys were being ragged on constantly about not performing...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum