GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08

+12
rooneypoo
shabbs
wprager
jamvan
SensGirl11
PKC
Riprock
Cronie
Number Twenty Nine
TheAvatar
beedub
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

106Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 8 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:31 am

hemlock34 wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:Am I the only one who thinks McAmmond needs to be sat down or waived ?

Did you watch last nights game? He was everywhere, playing well in all zones. That line with Donovan and Ruutu seem to have some chemistry, and DOMINATED last night on the cycle. Good hard work like that leads to goals. We saw it earlier in the season with these 3. If anything, they need more ice time.
He is the worst forechecker on the team. He speeds in to the zone but turns away before contact, and he never takes a hit to make a play in the defensive zone. Softest player the Sens have had in years, which is a tough title to get.

I don't even know how to respond to this. So way off base.
Simple question for you:

Bass or McAmmond ?

107Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 8 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:36 am

RobbyJ wrote:
PKC wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:Am I the only one who thinks McAmmond needs to be sat down or waived ?

Did you watch last nights game? He was everywhere, playing well in all zones. That line with Donovan and Ruutu seem to have some chemistry, and DOMINATED last night on the cycle. Good hard work like that leads to goals. We saw it earlier in the season with these 3. If anything, they need more ice time.
He is the worst forechecker on the team. He speeds in to the zone but turns away before contact, and he never takes a hit to make a play in the defensive zone. Softest player the Sens have had in years, which is a tough title to get.

Well you know, a couple of solid elbows to your head have a slight effect on you, right? McAmmond was terrific last night. He controlled the puck on the boards, along with his linemates. Made some great plays, positioned himself brilliantly on the ice and was just all around a smart player. Sitting him makes absolutely no sense.

Now sitting Phillips a game...completely different story.
I am not saying that the 2 concussions didn't affect the way he plays, just that he is now about as soft as they come, they should name a Toilet Paper after him. He can easily be replaced. When Neil and Fisher get back I want to keep Bass and Zubov in the lineup, so the first choice for me is McAmmond. After that it gets a little tricky.

That's an altogether different story. Saying he should sit once we gets the others back is not the same as just sitting him now, while he is playing well, and we are shorthanded. Its a nice problem to have for sure. The Bingo kids will have to play lights out until these 2 return to even have a remote chance of sticking I'd say. Bingo will suffer without all these players, and McAmmond, Donovan and Ruutu have shown chemistry and a willingness to compete. The same can't be said for others on a consistent basis. The first player(s) to sit on this club should be Kelly and Vermette (despite last night's strong game.) Vermette has zero finish this year. It's almost hard to watch.

108Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 8 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:37 am

When we are talking 4th liners, I prefer guys with some jam as opposed to the Dean McAmmonds of the world.

109Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 8 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:43 am

RobbyJ wrote:When we are talking 4th liners, I prefer guys with some jam as opposed to the Dean McAmmonds of the world.

How can you say he isn't effective? He is good defensively, and that line has brought energy, a strong forecheck, and at times (like a few times last night), have DOMINATED in the offensive zone. There were a couple of cycling clinics put on by that line last night, which in turn the other lines feed off of.

What exactly else are you looking for from this line? We have toughness in other areas. We are fortunate that our 4th line is playing so well. It gives Hartsburg the opportunity to roll 4 lines. Do you remember Paddock last year rolling 2.5 lines and how bad most of us complained about that?

110Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 8 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:49 am

I think they both play different games but are effective in the same roles. McAmmond can play the PK and has great speed, not a bad guy to have on the 4th line. Bass is a nut job that doesnt give a ****, which I love. They both have their places for sure, but I agree I would rather have a Bass there than McAmmond, thats not to say McAmmond is a bad guy to have there.

111Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 8 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:49 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

RobbyJ wrote:I am not saying that the 2 concussions didn't affect the way he plays, just that he is now about as soft as they come, they should name a Toilet Paper after him. He can easily be replaced. When Neil and Fisher get back I want to keep Bass and Zubov in the lineup, so the first choice for me is McAmmond. After that it gets a little tricky.

Why would you want to sit one of our few plus players??? The guy is a solid PKer, has more hits than Donovan, more Take Aways than Donovan, less Give Aways, and doesn't take stupid penalties. He works hard every shift, plays defensively responsible hockey, and is one of the few players who when he comes on the ice brings energy consistently... Those shifts of his energize this club when they are playing poorly.

I don't know why you'd want to scratch McAmmond.

112Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 8 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:51 am

hemlock34 wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:When we are talking 4th liners, I prefer guys with some jam as opposed to the Dean McAmmonds of the world.

How can you say he isn't effective? He is good defensively, and that line has brought energy, a strong forecheck, and at times (like a few times last night), have DOMINATED in the offensive zone. There were a couple of cycling clinics put on by that line last night, which in turn the other lines feed off of.

What exactly else are you looking for from this line? We have toughness in other areas. We are fortunate that our 4th line is playing so well. It gives Hartsburg the opportunity to roll 4 lines. Do you remember Paddock last year rolling 2.5 lines and how bad most of us complained about that?
I love rolling 4 lines, but I'd rather see a player who is a pain in the Donkey to play against out there. Wear down the opponents D during your shift, etc.., and he is okay defensively not great. I just don't understand the lovefest here for the Preacher.

113Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 8 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:51 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

not only should they sit Spezza, they should make him write "I will never dispey doodle through the legs again" 1000 times, with a dunce hat no less...

114Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 8 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:52 am

Number Twenty Nine wrote:not only should they sit Spezza, they should make him write "I will never dispey doodle through the legs again" 1000 times, with a dunce hat no less...
Easy now, Alfredsson has been just as turnover prone as Spezza lately.

115Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 8 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:53 am

RobbyJ wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:

I love rolling 4 lines, but I'd rather see a player who is a pain in the Donkey to play against out there. Wear down the opponents D during your shift, etc.., and he is okay defensively not great. I just don't understand the lovefest here for the Preacher.

I don't know about a Lovefest, but the guy is playing well. These is exactly the type of effort we need in order to break out of a slump. I love a grinding 4th line as much as the next guy, but they've been effective. Until they aren't I cannot support taking him out of the lineup.

116Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 8 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:54 am

dirtydirtynorth wrote:Why would you want to sit one of our few plus players??? The guy is a solid PKer, has more hits than Donovan, more Take Aways than Donovan, less Give Aways, and doesn't take stupid penalties. He works hard every shift, plays defensively responsible hockey, and is one of the few players who when he comes on the ice brings energy consistently... Those shifts of his energize this club when they are playing poorly.

Stats lie. McAmmond should be credited with ZERO hits so far this year. As for +/- I always have the same answer - TOM PREISSING

117Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 8 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:55 am

Number Twenty Nine wrote:not only should they sit Spezza, they should make him write "I will never dispey doodle through the legs again" 1000 times, with a dunce hat no less...

The guy is getting exposed now, but they have to let him play through this. I think its more embarassing for him to have 3 points in 10 games than sitting him. As much as I think this team would be better off without the guy, you're not gonna hold Spezza off the board like this for too much longer expspecially with Heater and Alfi playing beside him. Let him play through it, if he cant, well, then you make some harsher decisions.

118Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 8 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:57 am

Neely4Life wrote:

The guy is getting exposed now, but they have to let him play through this. I think its more embarassing for him to have 3 points in 10 games than sitting him. As much as I think this team would be better off without the guy, you're not gonna hold Spezza off the board like this for too much longer expspecially with Heater and Alfi playing beside him. Let him play through it, if he cant, well, then you make some harsher decisions.
Bang on.

119Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 8 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:58 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock34 wrote:That's an altogether different story. Saying he should sit once we gets the others back is not the same as just sitting him now, while he is playing well, and we are shorthanded. Its a nice problem to have for sure. The Bingo kids will have to play lights out until these 2 return to even have a remote chance of sticking I'd say. Bingo will suffer without all these players, and McAmmond, Donovan and Ruutu have shown chemistry and a willingness to compete. The same can't be said for others on a consistent basis. The first player(s) to sit on this club should be Kelly and Vermette (despite last night's strong game.) Vermette has zero finish this year. It's almost hard to watch.

I don't think sitting Vermette would accomplish anything. I'm pretty sure he knows he's not finishing. The fact that he is getting the scoring chances shows that he is putting in the effort. He just can't finish. He really needs to see a sports psychologist or something.

When it comes for him, when he will be able to finish, look out. Last night he managed to slide the puck under Carey Price (on the Zubov pass) and somehow miss the net and go right through the crease. Probably harder to do that than actually score on that play... He's playing well, but just not finishing. He's getting hte shots, he's getting open, he's distributing, he has the skill he just right now doesn't have the mental game. But he's working hard, and when he starts burrying it, his plus minus will go up too.

On a side note, i really liked that 2nd PP, they should make that our 2nd line against the rangers:

Alfie - Spezz - Heater
Zubov - Vermette - Foligno
Ruutu - Kells - Winnie
Donovan - Bass - McAmmond

Although I think Ruutu and McAmmond play really well together (a la Penalty Kill)

120Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 8 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:59 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

RobbyJ wrote:
dirtydirtynorth wrote:Why would you want to sit one of our few plus players??? The guy is a solid PKer, has more hits than Donovan, more Take Aways than Donovan, less Give Aways, and doesn't take stupid penalties. He works hard every shift, plays defensively responsible hockey, and is one of the few players who when he comes on the ice brings energy consistently... Those shifts of his energize this club when they are playing poorly.

Stats lie. McAmmond should be credited with ZERO hits so far this year. As for +/- I always have the same answer - TOM PREISSING

Tom Preissing was playing on a team that could score... McAmmond isn't

121Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 8 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:02 pm

dirtydirtynorth wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:

Touche

122Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 8 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:03 pm

dirtydirtynorth wrote:I don't think sitting Vermette would accomplish anything. I'm pretty sure he knows he's not finishing. The fact that he is getting the scoring chances shows that he is putting in the effort. He just can't finish. He really needs to see a sports psychologist or something.

When it comes for him, when he will be able to finish, look out. Last night he managed to slide the puck under Carey Price (on the Zubov pass) and somehow miss the net and go right through the crease. Probably harder to do that than actually score on that play... He's playing well, but just not finishing. He's getting hte shots, he's getting open, he's distributing, he has the skill he just right now doesn't have the mental game. But he's working hard, and when he starts burrying it, his plus minus will go up too.

On a side note, i really liked that 2nd PP, they should make that our 2nd line against the rangers:

Alfie - Spezz - Heater
Zubov - Vermette - Foligno
Ruutu - Kells - Winnie
Donovan - Bass - McAmmond

Although I think Ruutu and McAmmond play really well together (a la Penalty Kill)
How many years have we been waiting ? Get him outta here now.

123Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 - Page 8 Empty Re: Game DAY Ottawa Vs. Montreal NOV 20, 08 Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:07 pm

hemlock34 wrote:
dirtydirtynorth wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:

Touche
Spezza is a -1, McAmmond is a +2, yet somehow Jason Spezza is regarded around here a the worst defensive player in the history of the NHL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum