GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME NIGHT: Sens @ Oilers - Thursday, Nov 13, 9:30pm (TSN5, RDS2)

+6
SensHulk
PTFlea
wprager
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Brennan still going after Spezza:

Don Brennan ‏@SunDoniB 18m18 minutes ago

This morning, Edmonton is reminding me of Jason Spezza. What is it, minus-20? #sens

While that is actually quite funny for Brennan, I find it unbecoming when members of the media take cheap shots at players like that. Like it's unprofessional or something.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

This morning, Edmonton is reminding me of Jason Spezza. What is it, minus-20? #sens

While that is actually quite funny for Brennan, I find it unbecoming when members of the media take cheap shots at players like that.  Like it's unprofessional or something.

That's why I named him CheapShots Brennan over a decade ago. A name that has stuck to this very day...

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:That nightmare of playing against one of the better teams in the league is hopefully forgotten.  Get in on their D and don't get beaten tonight, although I have my doubts again.

Love the excuses. Always good for a laugh.

Do you actually watch the games? Vancouver's a much, much better team than Ottawa. It's not even close. I expected the Sens to play better against them, but the pure domination wasn't that much of a surprise.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

While that is actually quite funny for Brennan, I find it unbecoming when members of the media take cheap shots at players like that.  Like it's unprofessional or something.

That's why I named him CheapShots Brennan over a decade ago. A name that has stuck to this very day...

Yeah, I recall this glorious nickname. Doesn't he also have that "Cheapseats" column in the Sun? It all works together very well.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Yeah, I recall this glorious nickname. Doesn't he also have that "Cheapseats" column in the Sun? It all works together very well.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:That nightmare of playing against one of the better teams in the league is hopefully forgotten.  Get in on their D and don't get beaten tonight, although I have my doubts again.

Love the excuses. Always good for a laugh.

Do you actually watch the games?  Vancouver's a much, much better team than Ottawa.  It's not even close.  I expected the Sens to play better against them, but the pure domination wasn't that much of a surprise.

Then we agree.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If Karlsson is as rancid as he's been lately, we don't even need to bother. He needs to wake up - now.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

All right let's try this again.....Lazar pots his first tonight. He has to in edmonton right?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:If Karlsson is as rancid as he's been lately, we don't even need to bother.  He needs to wake up - now.

The headline in tomorrows Sun might read:

"Kaptains Kurse Kripples Kid Karlsson"

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Yeah, I recall this glorious nickname.  Doesn't he also have that "Cheapseats" column in the Sun?  It all works together very well.

That's what makes it all so clever.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No Hall tonight.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:If Karlsson is as rancid as he's been lately, we don't even need to bother.  He needs to wake up - now.

Like many an other very young player thrust into the captaincy role, the weight of the position is clearly pressing on Karlsson. It's going to take him time to figure out how to handle that weight. He's just playing tentative right now, for the most part, more afraid to make a mistake than he is to push and to lead the offence. He's just got to get back to who he is.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:All right let's try this again.....Lazar pots his first tonight.  He has to in edmonton right?

I'm calling it. Again.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:All right let's try this again.....Lazar pots his first tonight.  He has to in edmonton right?

I'm calling it.  Again.

No reason not to. Curtis "Own Goal" Lazar has already shown a nice touch around his own net.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

rooneypoo wrote:

Like many an other very young player thrust into the captaincy role, the weight of the position is clearly pressing on Karlsson. It's going to take him time to figure out how to handle that weight. He's just playing tentative right now, for the most part, more afraid to make a mistake than he is to push and to lead the offence. He's just got to get back to who he is.

He also needs a steady partner, not musical chairs. I realize that Phillips cannot play the same minutes, so if you insist on playing them as a pair, get Phillips off the PK and PP. On the PP they are going with one D anyway, and on the PK Phillips has lost a step and a half.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

I'm actually surprised it's affecting his on ice play. He needs to be pushed to rush that puck up the ice and dominate players that he's clearly better than - ie, most of the entire Oilers team.

I liked when they put Boro with him because Boro knows to stay back a bit and let him do his thing. I hope he settles down and begins playing up to his potential soon -because we're right Cussed without him.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

He also needs a steady partner, not musical chairs.  I realize that Phillips cannot play the same minutes, so if you insist on playing them as a pair, get Phillips off the PK and PP.  On the PP they are going with one D anyway, and on the PK Phillips has lost a step and a half.  

I agree, that will help. And Phillips as his partner has not worked.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

He also needs a steady partner, not musical chairs.  I realize that Phillips cannot play the same minutes, so if you insist on playing them as a pair, get Phillips off the PK and PP.  On the PP they are going with one D anyway, and on the PK Phillips has lost a step and a half.  

For sure. Karlsson has the luxury of time. He can take all year to find his game or whatever other excuse you can find because players like Phillips are always around to take the heat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum