GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Lightning @ Sens - Thursday, Apr 2nd, 7:30pm, TSN5, RDS2

+5
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
tim1_2
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The next "biggest game of the season". Hammond vs Bishop (maybe?).

Tampa is unfortunately coming off a loss to the Leafs, so they might have a bit of extra motiviation to wash that taste out of their mouth. Meanwhile, the Sens pretty much have to win.

Boston is in Detroit. Go Wings.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Go Wings, indeed. Both games with the 7:30 start so at least they won't be scoreboard watching in the warmups.

Tampa back-end is banged up. Garrison (the big shot from the point) is out 3-4 weeks, Coburn is 4-6 weeks, Sustr is 1-2 weeks, Hedman is d2d. They've lost 3 of their last 4 and those injuries likely have a lot to do with the losses.

Bishop has given up 3 goals in each of his last three starts, going 1-2 with an .852 SV% over that stretch. Looks like the injuries on defense have also affected Bishop's performance.

On the offensive side of things, Tyler Johnson is also d2d with an UBI.

Of all the injuries mentioned, only Coburn (9 games) has been out more than 2 games, so these are all recent and likely contributed to the team's recent slide.

Still, they are 1 point back of Montreal for the Division lead

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Burgled hams trending???

- Unknown Author

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Go Wings, indeed.  Both games with the 7:30 start so at least they won't be scoreboard watching in the warmups.  

Tampa back-end is banged up.  Garrison (the big shot from the point) is out 3-4 weeks, Coburn is 4-6 weeks, Sustr is 1-2 weeks, Hedman is d2d.  They've lost 3 of their last 4 and those injuries likely have a lot to do with the losses.  

Bishop has given up 3 goals in each of his last three starts, going 1-2 with an .852 SV% over that stretch.  Looks like the injuries on defense have also affected Bishop's performance.

Of all the injuries mentioned, only Coburn (9 games) has been out more than 2 games, so these are all recent and likely contributed to the team's recent slide.

We lost to Toronto and Florida. I don't give a Dung about the other team, we need to come out with the pedal to the metal and not let up at all.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Go Wings, indeed.  Both games with the 7:30 start so at least they won't be scoreboard watching in the warmups.  

Tampa back-end is banged up.  Garrison (the big shot from the point) is out 3-4 weeks, Coburn is 4-6 weeks, Sustr is 1-2 weeks, Hedman is d2d.  They've lost 3 of their last 4 and those injuries likely have a lot to do with the losses.  

Bishop has given up 3 goals in each of his last three starts, going 1-2 with an .852 SV% over that stretch.  Looks like the injuries on defense have also affected Bishop's performance.

We lost to Toronto and Florida.  I don't give a Dung about the other team, we need to come out with the pedal to the metal and not let up at all.

Well said.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DJZBAD got a haircut and a full shave. Red alert.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Smith-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Condra-Pageau-Lazar
Hoffman-Legwand-Chiasson
Greening / Neil extra

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle off with Smith with Zibanejad and Ryan!!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Diddle off with Smith with Zibanejad and Ryan!!

Yeah, I don't get that, but I'm sure by the 3rd, The Hoff will be back on that line....

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:

Yeah, I don't get that, but I'm sure by the 3rd, The Hoff will be back on that line....

I wish he was back to start the game. He needs to be coached and told to use his speed and shot and given the opportunity to get back out there and score goals for us.

Hopefully Smith comes out and does some good things. He laid a couple of nice hits vs Detroit, I guess.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I wish he was back to start the game.  He needs to be coached and told to use his speed and shot and given the opportunity to get back out there and score goals for us.  

Hopefully Smith comes out and does some good things.  He laid a couple of nice hits vs Detroit, I guess.

He apparently already has, hence the spot on that line.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoffman is where he deserves to be. The Smith addition was great last game IMO. Creates space for the two players.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Who cares about the lines, Anything less than a 6-0 run is unacceptable no matter who plays where.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:DJZBAD got a haircut and a full shave.  Red alert.

He's not Samson, and Bishop is no Delilah. Don't care if he looks like a 12-year old boy as long as he doesn't play like one. I'm actually glad he's abandoning the Rasputin look. Maybe he'll be able to see better now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's really getting to be beyond ridiculous. Smith has never been and never will be a top-six player. He's also never been able to jump-start anyone. He can replace Legwand for all I care but if anyone should be jumping up to help out on the wing there it should be Condra.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum