GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Lightning @ Sens - Thursday, Apr 2nd, 7:30pm, TSN5, RDS2

+5
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
tim1_2
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Who cares about the lines, Anything less than a 6-0 run is unacceptable no matter who plays where.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:DJZBAD got a haircut and a full shave.  Red alert.

He's not Samson, and Bishop is no Delilah. Don't care if he looks like a 12-year old boy as long as he doesn't play like one. I'm actually glad he's abandoning the Rasputin look. Maybe he'll be able to see better now.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Diddle off with Smith with Zibanejad and Ryan!!

It's really getting to be beyond ridiculous. Smith has never been and never will be a top-six player. He's also never been able to jump-start anyone. He can replace Legwand for all I care but if anyone should be jumping up to help out on the wing there it should be Condra.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:

Yeah, I don't get that, but I'm sure by the 3rd, The Hoff will be back on that line....

So why waste 40 minutes with an experiment that is not working and has never worked in the past?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

It's really getting to be beyond ridiculous.  Smith has never been and never will be a top-six player.  He's also never been able to jump-start anyone.  He can replace Legwand for all I care but if anyone should be jumping up to help out on the wing there it should be Condra.

They dominated the last game with this lineup so it makes sense to keep it the same

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

It's really getting to be beyond ridiculous.  Smith has never been and never will be a top-six player.  He's also never been able to jump-start anyone.  He can replace Legwand for all I care but if anyone should be jumping up to help out on the wing there it should be Condra.

They dominated the last game with this lineup so it makes sense to keep it the same

That's true, I guess. Just don't think Smith is anything but a 4th liner no matter what 'space' he makes for other players.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Hoffman is where he deserves to be. The Smith addition was great last game IMO. Creates space for the two players.

I didn't mind Smith's game against Detroit, but then the Wings were playing very poorly. He generated 1 hit in his previous game so I am not yet sold on him even being in the lineup, let alone the top-six.

Now, in that game, exactly when did that line benefit from Smith being on it? Was it in the 4-on-4 OT when he was on the bench?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeCaptain wrote:Who cares about the lines, Anything less than a 6-0 run is unacceptable no matter who plays where.

But "who plays" and the lesser "who plays where" are very important in getting a 1-0 run, let alone 6-0.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Further to Walter's previous TB injury report, neither Hedman or Johnson will play tonight for the Bolts. This is good.

Local kid Slater CokeCoke Koekkeok is going to light us up.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Further to Walter's previous TB injury report, neither Hedman or Johnson will play tonight for the Bolts.  This is good.

He grew up as a Leafs fan, send him to join the other banged up Ds.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Hoffman is where he deserves to be. The Smith addition was great last game IMO. Creates space for the two players.

I didn't mind Smith's game against Detroit, but then the Wings were playing very poorly.  He generated 1 hit in his previous game so I am not yet sold on him even being in the lineup, let alone the top-six.

Now, in that game, exactly when did that line benefit from Smith being on it?  Was it in the 4-on-4 OT when he was on the bench?

All I know is I want to give Hoffman around 12 minutes a night

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

I didn't mind Smith's game against Detroit, but then the Wings were playing very poorly.  He generated 1 hit in his previous game so I am not yet sold on him even being in the lineup, let alone the top-six.

Now, in that game, exactly when did that line benefit from Smith being on it?  Was it in the 4-on-4 OT when he was on the bench?

All I know is I want to give Hoffman around 12 minutes a night

Why?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Further to Walter's previous TB injury report, neither Hedman or Johnson will play tonight for the Bolts.  This is good.

I think the "storyline" of the homecoming of the hometown local product to his local hometown hockey home is taking precedence over the Sens and their playoff hopes, according to how TSN1200 is covering it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They've got four regulars out on the blue line and Bishop's SV% is a so-so .913. The Sens have to take advantage of that. Koekkoek is going to go koo-koo for koko-puffs in terms of helping their offense. With Johnson out they still have Stamkos, Kucherov, Palat, Callahan, Killorn. It's not going to be a cake walk, but you've got to think with their best defenseman, second best point getter and three other regular blueliners out they'd be ripe for the taking. Need to pressure them bigtime in the offensive zone, don't give them any time to set up in our end.

Turris and Pageau have to bear down in the faceoff circle to drive possession. And never give up on the backcheck (like Turris did on Zetterberg).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Wi-Fi here at the KRC isn't great. I get the game on the FibeTV app but the video is pretty grainy. Better than nothing, I guess.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Use lte bud

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Shoulda played Cowen

wprager

wprager