GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME NIGHT: Sens @ Oilers - Thursday, Nov 13, 9:30pm (TSN5, RDS2)

+6
SensHulk
PTFlea
wprager
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens take on the Oilers tonight as they continue their western road trip. The Oilers are the same old Oilers...they give up a ton of goals (3.31 per game). They also have a bad PP and PK. The Sens should win the special teams battle and hopefully take this one. The Oil are 6-9-1 and the Sens are 7-4-4.

I'm guessing Anderson will start for your mighty Senatores (although it wouldn't be a shock if it was Lehner), and we'll likely see Ben Scrivens in the home net.

There's potential we could see Wiercioch back in the lineup, likely at the expense of GoodGuy BoroCop.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Sens take on the Oilers tonight as they continue their western road trip.  The Oilers are the same old Oilers...they give up a ton of goals (3.31 per game).  They also have a bad PP and PK.  The Sens should win the special teams battle and hopefully take this one.  The Oil are 6-9-1 and the Sens are 7-4-4.

I'm guessing Anderson will start for your mighty Senatores (although it wouldn't be a shock if it was Lehner), and we'll likely see Ben Scrivens in the home net.  

There's potential we could see Wiercioch back in the lineup, likely at the expense of GoodGuy BoroCop.

TONIGHT?!?!?!?!?! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oui, ce soir.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

A Soueerrre

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oilers are playing the dreaded first home game after a road trip. Lazar will be flying in front of his old fans. We have a better PP and PK, we score more goals and give up fewer. We have a better record.

So tell me why I feel like this will be a tough game to win?

Also, how on Earth do the Oilers, with their presumably really, really bad defense, give up *fewer* shots on goal per game than the Senators?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Oilers are playing the dreaded first home game after a road trip.  Lazar will be flying in front of his old fans.  We have a better PP and PK, we score more goals and give up fewer.  We have a better record.

Also, how on Earth do the Oilers, with their presumably really, really bad defense, give up *fewer* shots on goal per game than the Senators?

So was Vancouver

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That nightmare of playing against one of the better teams in the league is hopefully forgotten. Get in on their D and don't get beaten tonight, although I have my doubts again.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Smart minds around here will tell you that it is part of Ottawa's defensive philosophy to get out of the way to allow the goalies to handle the shots.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Brennan still going after Spezza:

Don Brennan ‏@SunDoniB 18m18 minutes ago

This morning, Edmonton is reminding me of Jason Spezza. What is it, minus-20? #sens

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeCaptain wrote:
wprager wrote:Oilers are playing the dreaded first home game after a road trip.  Lazar will be flying in front of his old fans.  We have a better PP and PK, we score more goals and give up fewer.  We have a better record.

So was Vancouver

Not the same team.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:

Smart minds around here will tell you that it is part of Ottawa's defensive philosophy to get out of the way to allow the goalies to handle the shots.

Umm, yeah. That's what Lehner wants. Anderson would like a few shots blocked, please. Or simply don't give up a shot.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:That nightmare of playing against one of the better teams in the league is hopefully forgotten.  Get in on their D and don't get beaten tonight, although I have my doubts again.

Love the excuses. Always good for a laugh.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Brennan still going after Spezza:

This morning, Edmonton is reminding me of Jason Spezza. What is it, minus-20? #sens

While that is actually quite funny for Brennan, I find it unbecoming when members of the media take cheap shots at players like that. Like it's unprofessional or something.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Brennan still going after Spezza:

While that is actually quite funny for Brennan, I find it unbecoming when members of the media take cheap shots at players like that.  Like it's unprofessional or something.

That's why I named him CheapShots Brennan over a decade ago. A name that has stuck to this very day...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:That nightmare of playing against one of the better teams in the league is hopefully forgotten.  Get in on their D and don't get beaten tonight, although I have my doubts again.

Love the excuses. Always good for a laugh.

Do you actually watch the games? Vancouver's a much, much better team than Ottawa. It's not even close. I expected the Sens to play better against them, but the pure domination wasn't that much of a surprise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum