GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Bruins @ Sens - Thursday, Mar 19th 7:30pm, TSN5, RDS2

+8
LeCaptain
spader
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
wprager
tim1_2
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 14]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The magnitude of this game warrants a rare ADVANCE GAME DAY THREAD!!!!!

All eyes will be on The Hamburglar, but it'll be interesting to see who's available to tend net for the Bruins. Rask was a scratch last night against the Sabres due to "general body soreness". I imagine he'll play for them against the Sens though.

Will there be any other lineup changes? I could see maybe Cowen getting scratched...he wasn't great against the Canes. But if I was a betting man, I'd say we roll with the same lineup.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bruins aren't the fastest team in the league, so Cowen should be fine. Don't think they'll change the lineup.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How was Cowen not good against the Canes? He was physical, good positioning, and got the puck out of the zone with some nice passes and rushes.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:How was Cowen not good against the Canes? He was physical, good positioning, and got the puck out of the zone with some nice passes and rushes.

He was not keeping up with the speed of the forwards. Not so much his foot speed (Weircioch isn't that fast himself) but the time it takes him to make a decision to move to a puck, which way to move it and so on.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:How was Cowen not good against the Canes? He was physical, good positioning, and got the puck out of the zone with some nice passes and rushes.

He was not keeping up with the speed of the forwards.  Not so much his foot speed (Weircioch isn't that fast himself) but the time it takes him to make a decision to move to a puck, which way to move it and so on.

it just seems like Cowen haters see what they want to see. Ceci and Boro were worse in last night's game for sure.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hams. Will. Be. Burgled. 'nuff said.

- Unknown Author

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

He was not keeping up with the speed of the forwards.  Not so much his foot speed (Weircioch isn't that fast himself) but the time it takes him to make a decision to move to a puck, which way to move it and so on.

it just seems like Cowen haters see what they want to see. Ceci and Boro were worse in last night's game for sure.

Good guy BoroCop with a big hit, fight, and excellent PKing to help seal the victory.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Hams. Will. Be. Burgled.  'nuff said.

We were all thinking it but you had the guts to come out and say it. Well done.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You know I'm off Friday so you made me think I was off work tomorrow with this early GDT!!!! Dammit!

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

What I want to see is a huge defenseman that dominates the opposition physically and rounds out his game with simple, smart plays. He's been robbed of what should be his bread and butter with the "repeat offender" tag. So his ceiling right now is a steady, reliable big body that doesn't intimidate and he is not even there most nights. It sucks for everybody.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Trying to be as objective as possible, I thought he was the weakest D-man.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

This is a huge game. A win puts them 2 points back of Boston with a game-in-hand. It's a bloody miracle that they've gotten this far.

NotWorthy The Hamburglar

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

What I want to see is a huge defenseman that dominates the opposition physically and rounds out his game with simple, smart plays. He's been robbed of what should be his bread and butter with the "repeat offender" tag. So his ceiling right now is a steady, reliable big body that doesn't intimidate and he is not even there most nights. It sucks for everybody.

Yes. This. That's exactly what he needs to be: dominant. I don't know if the Sens will ever get that from him.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't expect a guy making his salary at his age with his injuries to dominate. That would be an elite player.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I don't expect a guy making his salary at his age with his injuries to dominate. That would be an elite player.

Physically and in no other way? It's a reasonable expectation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 14]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum