GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Bruins @ Sens - Thursday, Mar 19th 7:30pm, TSN5, RDS2

+8
LeCaptain
spader
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
wprager
tim1_2
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 14]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:How was Cowen not good against the Canes? He was physical, good positioning, and got the puck out of the zone with some nice passes and rushes.

He was not keeping up with the speed of the forwards.  Not so much his foot speed (Weircioch isn't that fast himself) but the time it takes him to make a decision to move to a puck, which way to move it and so on.

it just seems like Cowen haters see what they want to see. Ceci and Boro were worse in last night's game for sure.

What I want to see is a huge defenseman that dominates the opposition physically and rounds out his game with simple, smart plays. He's been robbed of what should be his bread and butter with the "repeat offender" tag. So his ceiling right now is a steady, reliable big body that doesn't intimidate and he is not even there most nights. It sucks for everybody.

Yes. This. That's exactly what he needs to be: dominant. I don't know if the Sens will ever get that from him.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't expect a guy making his salary at his age with his injuries to dominate. That would be an elite player.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I don't expect a guy making his salary at his age with his injuries to dominate. That would be an elite player.

Physically and in no other way? It's a reasonable expectation.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Given the amount of people who like Wiercioch, dominating physically isn't that important. But in any case, he is the most physical player outside of Boro

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Given the amount of people who like Wiercioch, dominating physically isn't that important. But in any case, he is the most physical player outside of Boro

It's not important to Wiercioch but it's just about everything to Cowen because there's not much there beyond that.

Kyle Turdiss registered more hits than Cowen last night. That about sums it up right there.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:You know I'm off Friday so you made me think I was off work tomorrow with this early GDT!!!! Dammit!

You can celebrate well into the night and not worry about going to work Friday. I didn't get to sleep until nearly 2 AM last night. If they win tomorrow not sure what I will do (officially I'm off today, in tomorrow, working from home Friday; unofficially I've spent most of the morning online).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:I don't expect a guy making his salary at his age with his injuries to dominate. That would be an elite player.

He was drafted top ten and before injuries was supposed to go top five or higher. He was supposed to be elite.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Given the amount of people who like Wiercioch, dominating physically isn't that important. But in any case, he is the most physical player outside of Boro

I think physical domination becomes really important in the playoffs when you face the same team up to seven game on two weeks. During the regular season physically punishing an opponent simply makes the job easier for the next guy. In the playoffs you are that next guy, usually.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I maintain Boro is better than Cowen. How the Diddle did that happen?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

People wanted Condra waived 3 months ago. Leave Cowen alone.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

and Zibanejad Laugh1

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:People wanted Condra waived 3 months ago. Leave Cowen alone.

People get carried away when they want to clear spots to "see the kids."

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I couldn't care less about his current salary. He was drafted to be a dominant dman. He should figure that out.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Speaking of Condra, I hope they're attempting to sign him.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Is it too early to look ahead to the hated Leaves?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's never to early to hate the leaves.

- Unknown Author

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:

I couldn't care less about his current salary. He was drafted to be a dominant dman. He should figure that out.

Is Ceci a dominant d-man?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
spader wrote:

Is Ceci a dominant d-man?

He's a PMD.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum