GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

OPENING NIGHT-NJ Devils @ Ottawa Senators - New Baby and Engagement Edition

+12
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
spader
PTFlea
Flo The Action
The Silfer Server
Hoags
shabbs
wprager
Ev
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:When we play the Devils it's always a low scoring tight game.  Going to be tough, I can imagine it's pretty ugly in that Devils dressing room.
We just need about 15 shots on Fraudeur to get about 4 - 5 goals. That should be enough to win.
No rispeck!

Wink

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:who is engaged?
I'm guessing it's NEELY.
RESPEEEEEEEEECT
We need pics of your fiancée for proof

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:who is engaged?
I'm guessing it's NEELY.
RESPEEEEEEEEECT
We need pics of your fiancée for proof
agreed!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hmmmmm, gonna have to say no to that... lol. But yah, word up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm looking for Cowen to have a much better game than he's been having. Ditto Gryba if he's in. It's as if these guys feel they have to impress people and play a Karlsson-esque puck moving game, when in reality, they need to clean up their play in the D zone. Wiercioch had a much better game last game, so that's trending up.

We're still getting hemmed into our zone a lot as well. Hopefully that'll ease up now that we're done with the West road trip.

Anderson needs to be very solid tonight as well.

Lots to look for tonight.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I just hope the Sens can extend NJ's winless streak.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Would be nice to see PMac keep the lines the same as vs Phoenix.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

As per BooBoo a while ago, looks to be the case:

https://twitter.com/SunGarrioch/status/390843401727655936

"Craig Anderson is in the starter's end. Looks like Da Costa and Corvo won't play tonight. Brodeur will start for Devils. #Sens"

As per the other thread, Da Costa was put on waivers today as well.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

#BabeGagement

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#BabyHeadGoByeBye

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:As per BooBoo a while ago, looks to be the case:

"Craig Anderson is in the starter's end. Looks like Da Costa and Corvo won't play tonight. Brodeur will start for Devils. #Sens"

Yah, didn't show much at all during the regular season and seems their patients has run out. Hopefully he gets through waivers and can help Bingo. I would imagine Grant or JOB would be coming up.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Silfer Server wrote:Kyle Turris has always been much better at home faceoffs:
2008-09 = 45% vs 42.9% total
2010-11 = 52.9% vs 50% total
2011-12 = 51.5% vs 47.2% total
2012-13 = 51.4% vs 49% total

Winning more faceoffs alone should make us a better team. Let's just hope we keep the trend of staying out of the box. And when we do take a penalty, do our best to not take another one until we have killed off the first one.

Isn't that true for most Centers? There's a built in advantage for the home Center right?

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm looking for Cowen to have a much better game than he's been having.  Ditto Gryba if he's in.  It's as if these guys feel they have to impress people and play a Karlsson-esque puck moving game, when in reality, they need to clean up their play in the D zone.  Wiercioch had a much better game last game, so that's trending up.

We're still getting hemmed into our zone a lot as well.  Hopefully that'll ease up now that we're done with the West road trip.

Anderson needs to be very solid tonight as well.  

Lots to look for tonight.
Gryba was pretty good last game. Seemed to be playing with a lot more confidence. Philly's still got it when it comes to bringing the kids along.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
Yah, didn't show much at all during the regular season and seems their patients has run out.  Hopefully he gets through waivers and can help Bingo.  I would imagine Grant or JOB would be coming up.
Still don't think it's going to be Zibanejad?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

no, the point of sending Zibanejad down wasn't to make room for Da Costa, it was to send a message to the kid. If he is the one coming back up then that's fine but I would be surprised if it was. You need a 4th line center right now, not a top 6 forward.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

On one hand: I would be very disappointed if this was the 'lesson' they chose to give Zibanejad if they called him up after 3 games. He needs to ride the buses, learn from Luke about being a pro hockey player and evolve from this.

On the other hand: I think Pageau's on his way down to Bingo soon to get his confidence back before he's recalled, so potentially I guess Zib could replace him as the 3 C.

Two options...we'll see which one is selected.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
shabbs wrote:As per BooBoo a while ago, looks to be the case:

Yah, didn't show much at all during the regular season and seems their patients has run out.  Hopefully he gets through waivers and can help Bingo.  I would imagine Grant or JOB would be coming up.
I think "Mac" and his ridiculous mustache don't like JOB for whatever challenged reason so Grant would be a nice call up. He's not the sexy first round pick but he's been solid for quite a while now.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If Grant gets the call over JOB then yah, I would agree but I don't think it's written in stone that JOB is in Bingo forever.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum