GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New Jersey Devils - 5:00pm Jan. 4th, 2009

+6
Phoenix30
dennycrane
wprager
asq2
Nasty Nas
shabbs
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Sens continue their dismal road trip with a visit to Jersey this afternoon. Auld and Clemmenson are listed as probable starting goalies.

BLACK AND BLUE REPORT

SENATORS: C Cody Bass (shoulder surgery), out for season; D Filip Kuba (lower body), indefinitely.

DEVILS: G Martin Brodeur (elbow surgery) mid-February; D Sheldon Brookbank (undisclosed) questionable; D Colin White (upper body) questionable.

Anton Volchenkov (upper body) left the Senators game against the Maple Leafs in the third period on Saturday and will be evaluated on Sunday. - TSN

Game is on TSN (HD), MSG PLUS (HD).

After last night's loss... meh... I'm not holding out much hope.

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

yikes. I don't think this one is gonna turn out pretty. Why
can't New Jersery just struggle for one season
WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Will my 2 for 8 road trip prediction come true? Probably not, I dont see how they win 2. NJ will crush them tonight, Buffalo will prob be a little pissed about the last meeting and Boston, wow, that game will be ugly if the Sens are not careful.

Top 3 pick, here we come! Love MSP!

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Will my 2 for 8 road trip prediction come true? Probably not, I dont see how they win 2. NJ will crush them tonight, Buffalo will prob be a little pissed about the last meeting and Boston, wow, that game will be ugly if the Sens are not careful.

Top 3 pick, here we come! Love MSP!

I can see us beating Buffalo, but that's beside the point. Razz

The sooner we officially recognize this season as a re-building one and set our sights on one of the top guys at the draft, the better.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Volchenkov out of today's game...

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/01/04/7915871.html

Auld gets the start in net.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Volchenkov out of today's game...

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2009/01/04/7915871.html

Auld gets the start in net.

Game over, man.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens up 1-0 in the first. Came out fired up... but will it last? Neil takes out Foligno in a flying body check that he missed. Foligno was down for a bit but OK.

As I type this... Devils tie it up 1-1.

There goes the "fired up".

Bah.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

That's the last straw with me for Neil. A guy blinded by his desire to hog the spotlight nearly injures a teammate, and one who is much better than Chris Neil. He would be the first guy I trade. The waiver wire and minor leagues are full of guys who can fight and not score.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

dennycrane wrote:That's the last straw with me for Neil. A guy blinded by his desire to hog the spotlight nearly injures a teammate, and one who is much better than Chris Neil. He would be the first guy I trade. The waiver wire and minor leagues are full of guys who can fight and not score.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. I had to like the look Harts had on his face right after it as well. I'm guessing Neil might be on his way out by the deadline for a pick or prospect.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, we get one point, maybe more.

Edit: Maybe not Sad

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Wow that was a close one...we almost won that game.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Well, we get one point, maybe more.

Edit: Maybe not Sad
If we didn't have bad luck, we'd have no luck at all. The refs were horrible in that game, but let it be said this is a team lacking talent and many time heart. It's going to be a long long season. Suspect

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

No goals from the "big three" tonight. What was with that line change during the PK that led to the 3-3 goal? Holy moly.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Man, those first two Devils goals were beauties.

Good teams find a way to win, bad teams find a way to lose. The Sens are a perfect example of this. We are 1 step closer to a top 5 pick, and the guy I want, with all due respect to Hedman is MSP. Ive seen 4 Sweden games live now and he is impressive every time he is on the ice.

Maybe St Louis will give up their 1st rounder this year for Spezza, haha. That would be sweeeeeeeet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum