GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

+5
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
tim1_2
PTFlea
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 15]

1Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition  Empty Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:50 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Figured I'd start a new thread to discuss realistic options for the Sens.

After losing two games by a combined score of 10-0, it's evident the Sens still haven't found their identity.

How can the Sens shakeup their roster in order to compete this year, maintain their core through the expansion draft, and surround Karlsson with the players he needs to convince him to re-sign here.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'd like to think Ottawa is targeting Eberle, Vrbata, Landeskog, Duchene, Duclair, and Michael Stone as deadline additions.

They have Ceci, White, Chabot, Brown, Lazar, Chlapik, Dahlen, Perron, Paul, Wideman, Ryan, Kelly, Pyatt, 1st round pick, and other draft picks to make this happen.

What are the priorities and how do we make it happen?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think they've found their identity, but again, I think they got a major wakeup call that they can't take any games - or shifts off.

As for the deadline, I don't know if we have anything to offer that we want to part with for rentals.

Vrbada is a guy I've always liked, maybe him? If it costs too much, then perhaps look at a RW for the 'third' line, but in all honesty, I'd like Ryan to play with Pageau so he doesn't drag Turris down.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dream scenario is we trade Ryan for Eberle (lol, never happen), then acquire Stone from Arizona - a guy I can really see the Sens having major interest in.

Then maybe, just maybe, they make a deal for Drouin that includes Ceci, 1st and something else.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dare to dream... Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition  852933671

EDIT: That's who Bobby Ryan is - Jason Spezza, only 20% as talented.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't see us making any big splash for the remainder of this season. Maybe next year, if Chabot is an NHLer, we deal Ceci. I don't think we're under any illusions that we're a legit cup contender this year, so we shouldn't gear up for this spring.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:I don't see us making any big splash for the remainder of this season.  Maybe next year, if Chabot is an NHLer, we deal Ceci.  I don't think we're under any illusions that we're a legit cup contender this year, so we shouldn't gear up for this spring.

With a few changes (Colin White if he's ready, our #1 goalie back and focused, another top six forward, and solidify our defense) we're for sure contenders. We can beat (and lose to) just about every team in the NHL. We've beaten Washington, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, San Jose, Chicago, Montreal, etc. Sens just need to find some consistency and head into the playoffs with confidence.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There's a difference between beating a top team once in a while and beating them 4 times out of 7. Especially one after the other as they adjust to you.

I don't think we are contenders at all. I think we are missing too many pieces. I think it be foolish to sacrifice any significan assets. Vrbata could be nice but again, has to come in cheap.

I don't see Edmonton dealing Eberle in season. Maybe in the summer.

As for big moves I think they will come in the summer before the expansion draft when all teams are shifting players. I seriously hope that the sens try to acquire a Duchesne or Lando as we are definitely missing one of those guys on the left wing.

But we are facing problems with protecting players. I think in order to expose Ryan he'll have to waive and there's no guarantee of that. We might be loosing a dzingel if we wind up trading Ceci.
I know there's a belief that we could lose wideman and it's possible I guess. It would be a mess if we lost both Ceci and wideman in the summer. But again, maybe we address that in free agency.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Ryan does not need to waive anything to be exposed.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:Ryan does not need to waive anything to be exposed.  
Well he's got a partial NTC and a NMC so if Vegas isn't on his list of possible destination I dont think he can be exposed

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:Ryan does not need to waive anything to be exposed.  
Well he's got a partial NTC and a NMC so if Vegas isn't on his list of possible destination I dont think he can be exposed

Ryan was on an exempt list distributed by the NHL. He can be exposed.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I guess I waited too long to start my annual BONANZA thread. Coffee!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

As for Ryan for Eberle this is a deal that Chiarelli would do. He'd love to have Ryan's huge frame playing alongside McDavid. And that would free up Draisaital to play C.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:As for Ryan for Eberle this is a deal that Chiarelli would do. He'd love to have Ryan's huge frame playing alongside McDavid. And that would free up Draisaital to play C.

Then reality sets in and he realizes Ryan has 5 years left at 7.25 million vs Eberle's 2 years left at 6 million and the deal's off. Boy, would that ever be a coup for Ottawa. Rids us of a possible albatross, gets us a decent 2nd line winger who can be re-traded for assets next trade deadline if he doesn't pan out.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:As for Ryan for Eberle this is a deal that Chiarelli would do. He'd love to have Ryan's huge frame playing alongside McDavid. And that would free up Draisaital to play C.

Then reality sets in and he realizes Ryan has 5 years left at 7.25 million vs Eberle's 2 years left at 6 million and the deal's off.  Boy, would that ever be a coup for Ottawa.  Rids us of a possible albatross, gets us a decent 2nd line winger who can be re-traded for assets next trade deadline if he doesn't pan out.

Well there has to be some incentive going back, which IMO would have to be the Ex Oil King Star Curtis Lazar. If I am not mistake, the Oilers picked up Henrik Samuelsson from Arizona recently. Does Ryan + Lazar + Claesson help bring in Eberle?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 15]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum