GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

+5
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
tim1_2
PTFlea
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 15]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:If somehow duchene winds up here I hope everyone is ready to see him get 7 mill per season on his next contract. Likely not worth that much(something around 6?)
It's getting hard to see how we are gonna pay everyone down the line.
Turris 6
Stone 6
Karlsson 8? 9? Maybe more?
You start asking yourself how do you trade/move/make sure Vegas bites on Bobby Ryan

You have to be prepared to take a bad contract back. I don't think it will be Vegas that takes him though. Here's how you sell him:

Rags if/when Nash is a UFA after next season.
LA for Dustin Brown
San Jose once they decide what to do with Thornton/Marleau
Philly because of his ties to Bobby Clarke
Detroit as their annual reclamation project
Carolina as a marquee player
Vancouver to try to stimulate some offense (and give the Sedins a shot to be competitive next year)

In a perfect world you do the Duchene trade, followed up with a Ryan for Gudbranson trade.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:If somehow duchene winds up here I hope everyone is ready to see him get 7 mill per season on his next contract. Likely not worth that much(something around 6?)
It's getting hard to see how we are gonna pay everyone down the line.
Turris 6
Stone 6
Karlsson 8? 9? Maybe more?
You start asking yourself how do you trade/move/make sure Vegas bites on Bobby Ryan

You have to be prepared to take a bad contract back. I don't think it will be Vegas that takes him though. Here's how you sell him:

Rags if/when Nash is a UFA after next season.
LA for Dustin Brown
San Jose once they decide what to do with Thornton/Marleau
Philly because of his ties to Bobby Clarke
Detroit as their annual reclamation project
Carolina as a marquee player
Vancouver to try to stimulate some offense (and give the Sedins a shot to be competitive next year)

In a perfect world you do the Duchene trade, followed up with a Ryan for Gudbranson trade.
All very interesting options but A I don't think the rags would be interested when they have internal answers, B Dustin brown would be a 5.8 mill burden on its own for years to come and Ryan is more effective, C philly is cap crunched as it is and will have themselves big contracts to hand out, D I think Detroit likes one or two year projects and wouldn't tie another guy that wearing down when they are trying to get younger, possibly Carolina and although I don't see a perfect fit in Vancouver I'm finding it harder to say it's impossible since it feels like they are a mess to begin with.
Vegas is a good option if they want a name player.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If we do wind up trading Ceci, I wonder if you take a run at kulikov. I wouldn't mind that guy on our team on a 3-4 year contract. Ease chabot in the first few years

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We'd have to replace Ceci immediately. A rental is fine, but it would have to be immediate.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:We'd have to replace Ceci immediately.  A rental is fine, but it would have to be immediate.
I wonder what kulikov would cost us. Obviously I would imagine that it would cost a 2nd rounder but we don't have one of those.
Timmy might ask us for Englund but do we want to do that? Personally only if we know we can resign him.(and then the price likely jumps)
I like the idea of kulikov playing with Phaneuf

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:We'd have to replace Ceci immediately.  A rental is fine, but it would have to be immediate.
I wonder what kulikov would cost us. Obviously I would imagine that it would cost a 2nd rounder but we don't have one of those.
Timmy might ask us for Englund but do we want to do that? Personally only if we know we can resign him.(and then the price likely jumps)

I dunno, don't know that much about Kulikov.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Been a while since the Sens had a Russian player. My gut says next one would be someone they drafted and developed.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Been a while since the Sens had a Russian player. My gut says next one would be someone they drafted and developed.
Which that may never come. The problem with the sens having an aversion to Russian players is the threat that they won't come over to NA(passing on tarasanko), if a said player is already playing in the NHL and isn't likely a flight risk I would imagine they very well might treat him like any other player.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I dunno, don't know that much about Kulikov.
He missed most of the season due to a freak accident early on. I have a feeling his value is pretty low right now. I'm all saying he might also be a good FA target if we feel like it this summer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum