GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

OPENING NIGHT-NJ Devils @ Ottawa Senators - New Baby and Engagement Edition

+12
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
spader
PTFlea
Flo The Action
The Silfer Server
Hoags
shabbs
wprager
Ev
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Congrats to Tim on the new baby.

Someone do the work for me?  Thanks.

OK, here you go:

GAME DAY: New Jersey Devils @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thur. Oct. 17th, 2013

OPENING NIGHT-NJ Devils @ Ottawa Senators - New Baby and Engagement Edition LargeOPENING NIGHT-NJ Devils @ Ottawa Senators - New Baby and Engagement Edition AtOPENING NIGHT-NJ Devils @ Ottawa Senators - New Baby and Engagement Edition Large

OPENING NIGHT-NJ Devils @ Ottawa Senators - New Baby and Engagement Edition BWxpjk1CcAAe6Q5

After winning the final game of their 6-game, season-opening road trip on the strength of Spezza's natural hattrick and Conacher's strong play (including the OT winner), the Sens finally come home to find Frank Finnegan's gone and replaced by something called Point Chek, the building not sold out, Melnyk losing an extra $16M, and Kaleta suspended for 10 games. So it's not all bad news.

The Sens have not payed very well in their own end, giving up a ton of shots and taking lots of bad penalties. But after a slow start (all of 2 games!) Bobby Ryan has 3 goals in his last 4 games and is a PPG player. Spezza is slowly coming up to speed. Turris has been fantastic (except for faceoffs). And MacArthur is as advertised, a fast, smart player who contributes in both ends of the rink. Still lots of things to work on (face offs, discipline, PK, SDC) and being at home will help in that regard by affording a more regular practice schedule.

The Devils have not won a game in their first six starts, establishing a new team record. Martin Brodeur (confirmed as the starter) is sporting a 3.19 GAA and a .878 SV%. This is the first of three games that the Devils will visit Ottawa, but given how the season is going, this may be your last chance to see Brodeur. Except for those Delissio ads, of course.

Game Coverage:
- TV: MSG PLUS 2, SNET-OTT
- Radio: TSN 1200
- Web: vipbox.tv

Possible Team Lineups:
Phoenix Coyotes: http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/lines/30/new-jersey-devils
Ottawa Senators: http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/lines/33/ottawa-senators

Starting Goalies:
Today's starting goalies: http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/starting-goalies/

TSN's Ice Chips:

Source: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/

Injuries:
Ottawa

none

New Jersey

Ryane Clowe placed on IR (head)
    Ryan Carter doubtful (UBI)

Game Day Previews:

Ottawa Senators
NHL.com
ESPN

GO SENS GO!!!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

All hail the Timmer!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

who is engaged?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:All hail the Timmer!
Speaking of Tims, Thomas is probable against the Bruins tonight.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:who is engaged?
I'm guessing it's NEELY.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Coke Zero. On. Ice.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens gotta be careful... Devils are still looking for their first win. NO MERCY!!!!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
I'm guessing it's NEELY.
RESPEEEEEEEEECT

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

When we play the Devils it's always a low scoring tight game. Going to be tough, I can imagine it's pretty ugly in that Devils dressing room.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Clowe is out as well so the Sens need to jump on them quick tonight.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:When we play the Devils it's always a low scoring tight game.  Going to be tough, I can imagine it's pretty ugly in that Devils dressing room.
We just need about 15 shots on Fraudeur to get about 4 - 5 goals. That should be enough to win.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Kyle Turris has always been much better at home faceoffs:
2008-09 = 45% vs 42.9% total
2010-11 = 52.9% vs 50% total
2011-12 = 51.5% vs 47.2% total
2012-13 = 51.4% vs 49% total

Winning more faceoffs alone should make us a better team. Let's just hope we keep the trend of staying out of the box. And when we do take a penalty, do our best to not take another one until we have killed off the first one.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:When we play the Devils it's always a low scoring tight game.  Going to be tough, I can imagine it's pretty ugly in that Devils dressing room.
We just need about 15 shots on Fraudeur to get about 4 - 5 goals. That should be enough to win.
No rispeck!

Wink

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:
I'm guessing it's NEELY.
RESPEEEEEEEEECT
We need pics of your fiancée for proof