GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

+5
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
tim1_2
PTFlea
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 15]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

As for Ryan for Eberle this is a deal that Chiarelli would do. He'd love to have Ryan's huge frame playing alongside McDavid. And that would free up Draisaital to play C.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:As for Ryan for Eberle this is a deal that Chiarelli would do. He'd love to have Ryan's huge frame playing alongside McDavid. And that would free up Draisaital to play C.

Then reality sets in and he realizes Ryan has 5 years left at 7.25 million vs Eberle's 2 years left at 6 million and the deal's off. Boy, would that ever be a coup for Ottawa. Rids us of a possible albatross, gets us a decent 2nd line winger who can be re-traded for assets next trade deadline if he doesn't pan out.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:As for Ryan for Eberle this is a deal that Chiarelli would do. He'd love to have Ryan's huge frame playing alongside McDavid. And that would free up Draisaital to play C.

Then reality sets in and he realizes Ryan has 5 years left at 7.25 million vs Eberle's 2 years left at 6 million and the deal's off.  Boy, would that ever be a coup for Ottawa.  Rids us of a possible albatross, gets us a decent 2nd line winger who can be re-traded for assets next trade deadline if he doesn't pan out.

Well there has to be some incentive going back, which IMO would have to be the Ex Oil King Star Curtis Lazar. If I am not mistake, the Oilers picked up Henrik Samuelsson from Arizona recently. Does Ryan + Lazar + Claesson help bring in Eberle?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Then reality sets in and he realizes Ryan has 5 years left at 7.25 million vs Eberle's 2 years left at 6 million and the deal's off.  Boy, would that ever be a coup for Ottawa.  Rids us of a possible albatross, gets us a decent 2nd line winger who can be re-traded for assets next trade deadline if he doesn't pan out.

Well there has to be some incentive going back, which IMO would have to be the Ex Oil King Star Curtis Lazar. If I am not mistake, the Oilers picked up Henrik Samuelsson from Arizona recently. Does Ryan + Lazar + Claesson help bring in Eberle?

I don't think lazar and Claesson make up the difference of 18 million dollars and an arguably worse player signed for longer.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Also, Ryan waives his ntc for Edmonton?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think we can trade Ryan unless it's like the Phaneuf deal.  Bad contact for another bad contact (or a number of them).

Last edited by wprager on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

Seems very unlikely to me. Both Ryan waiving his clause and Edmonton saying yes to this deal.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We need another Phaneuf-style trade. What a fantastic transaction that was.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Speaking of transactions, saw a tweet earlier how the Bruins haven't done a trade in almost a year. Looked it up:
http://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_GM/Don_Sweeney/283

Last one was Liles for Camara and two picks on Feb. 29 2016. And as the team falls further out of a playoff spot they fire the coach.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Speaking of transactions, saw a tweet earlier how the Bruins haven't done a trade in almost a year.  Looked it up:
http://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_GM/Don_Sweeney/283

Last one was Liles for Camara and two picks on Feb. 29 2016.  And as the team falls further out of a playoff spot they fire the coach.

Yep, first of all it's very hard to make impact trades in this league and then the GMs get antsy and fire coaches.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I don't think Ryan would want to waive to go to Edmonton...he didn't like the prospect of coming here from Anaheim.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I don't think Ryan would want to waive to go to Edmonton...he didn't like the prospect of coming here from Anaheim.

I thought his NMC only limited him from being sent down to the minors...?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I don't think Ryan would want to waive to go to Edmonton...he didn't like the prospect of coming here from Anaheim.

I thought his NMC only limited him from being sent down to the minors...?

No, he has a list of 10 "no-trade" destinations. I don't suppose Vegas is on that list as there was no Vegas back when he signed the deal. So Ryan's name was on the list (sent out by the NHL) of players that didn't have to be automatically protected.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

What? Where did you get that from? Everything he's done or said since the trade indicates otherwise.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoff-Machine wrote:

What?  Where did you get that from?  Everything he's done or said since the trade indicates otherwise.

Doesn't really matter. You could tell from his "Comin' in hot" tweet and his general "surprise" at being traded that he would've been happy staying in Anaheim. If you had to move from Anaheim to Ottawa, would you be happy?

Anyway, I don't really want to rehash ancient history...the point is, I don't think he'd want to go play in Edmonton, but if he only gets a 10-team no-trade list, the decision isn't totally his. And for Diddle's sake, why are we talking about trading him to Edmonton? There's a zero percent chance that happens given their impending cap issues, generally good play, and lack of a need for wingers right now.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Hoff-Machine wrote:

What?  Where did you get that from?  Everything he's done or said since the trade indicates otherwise.

Doesn't really matter.  You could tell from his "Comin' in hot" tweet and his general "surprise" at being traded that he would've been happy staying in Anaheim.  If you had to move from Anaheim to Ottawa, would you be happy?

Anyway, I don't really want to rehash ancient history...the point is, I don't think he'd want to go play in Edmonton, but if he only gets a 10-team no-trade list, the decision isn't totally his.  And for Diddle's sake, why are we talking about trading him to Edmonton?  There's a zero percent chance that happens given their impending cap issues, generally good play, and lack of a need for wingers right now.

I think he was genuinely excited to come. He re-iterated in his first season that he really did enjoy Ottawa and of course he signed a 7 year deal. I'm sure he was surprised as most ppl are when they get traded.

Incidentally, I did the opposite and moved from Ottawa to Anaheim. I'm not unhappy but still miss Ottawa. The shawarmas here just suck

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoff-Machine wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Hoff-Machine wrote:

Doesn't really matter.  You could tell from his "Comin' in hot" tweet and his general "surprise" at being traded that he would've been happy staying in Anaheim.  If you had to move from Anaheim to Ottawa, would you be happy?

Anyway, I don't really want to rehash ancient history...the point is, I don't think he'd want to go play in Edmonton, but if he only gets a 10-team no-trade list, the decision isn't totally his.  And for Diddle's sake, why are we talking about trading him to Edmonton?  There's a zero percent chance that happens given their impending cap issues, generally good play, and lack of a need for wingers right now.

I think he was genuinely excited to come.  He re-iterated in his first season that he really did enjoy Ottawa and of course he signed a 7 year deal.  I'm sure he was surprised as most ppl are when they get traded.  

Incidentally, I did the opposite and moved from Ottawa to Anaheim.  I'm not unhappy but still miss Ottawa.  The shawarmas here just suck

It's-15 here right now.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dreger saying it's unlikely the Sens do much before the deadline due to the asking prices for guys like Landeskog and Duchene.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Dreger saying it's unlikely the Sens do much before the deadline due to the asking prices for guys like Landeskog and Duchene.
Of course he's gonna say that. But still, word persists. My guess is dorion continues to circle around maybe to entice Colorado to take a smaller deal or at least get them interested.
Maybe he does wind up trading white Ina deal for one of those two. Or maybe he dangles brown, a 1st and claesson.

I dunno. Too much smoke for there not to be a little fire.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum