GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators Trade Deadline Edition

+5
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
tim1_2
PTFlea
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 15]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoff-Machine wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Hoff-Machine wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I don't think Ryan would want to waive to go to Edmonton...he didn't like the prospect of coming here from Anaheim.

What?  Where did you get that from?  Everything he's done or said since the trade indicates otherwise.

Doesn't really matter.  You could tell from his "Comin' in hot" tweet and his general "surprise" at being traded that he would've been happy staying in Anaheim.  If you had to move from Anaheim to Ottawa, would you be happy?

Anyway, I don't really want to rehash ancient history...the point is, I don't think he'd want to go play in Edmonton, but if he only gets a 10-team no-trade list, the decision isn't totally his.  And for Diddle's sake, why are we talking about trading him to Edmonton?  There's a zero percent chance that happens given their impending cap issues, generally good play, and lack of a need for wingers right now.

I think he was genuinely excited to come.  He re-iterated in his first season that he really did enjoy Ottawa and of course he signed a 7 year deal.  I'm sure he was surprised as most ppl are when they get traded.  

Incidentally, I did the opposite and moved from Ottawa to Anaheim.  I'm not unhappy but still miss Ottawa.  The shawarmas here just suck

It's-15 here right now.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dreger saying it's unlikely the Sens do much before the deadline due to the asking prices for guys like Landeskog and Duchene.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Dreger saying it's unlikely the Sens do much before the deadline due to the asking prices for guys like Landeskog and Duchene.
Of course he's gonna say that. But still, word persists. My guess is dorion continues to circle around maybe to entice Colorado to take a smaller deal or at least get them interested.
Maybe he does wind up trading white Ina deal for one of those two. Or maybe he dangles brown, a 1st and claesson.

I dunno. Too much smoke for there not to be a little fire.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Dreger saying it's unlikely the Sens do much before the deadline due to the asking prices for guys like Landeskog and Duchene.
Of course he's gonna say that. But still, word persists. My guess is dorion continues to circle around maybe to entice Colorado to take a smaller deal or at least get them interested.
Maybe he does wind up trading white Ina deal for one of those two. Or maybe he dangles brown, a 1st and claesson.

Would you trade Stone or Hoffman for a 1st rounder in the teens of a bad draft, a spare part defenceman and a junior prospect who has had an injury filled and underwhelming season ?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Would you trade Stone or Hoffman for a 1st rounder in the teens of a bad draft, a spare part defenceman and a junior prospect who has had an injury filled and underwhelming season ?

That's a pretty good way to look at it. Colorado's going to want at least one great asset coming back as part of deal, and for the Sens I think that pretty much boils down to Chabot or White...and I'm not sure Dorion really wants to do that. I really don't know at this point...

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

That's a pretty good way to look at it.  Colorado's going to want at least one great asset coming back as part of deal, and for the Sens I think that pretty much boils down to Chabot or White...and I'm not sure Dorion really wants to do that.  I really don't know at this point...

Every trade can be looked like that. At the same token, Taylor Hall was traded for a top four d-man so it's next to impossible to really assess value.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

That's a pretty good way to look at it.  Colorado's going to want at least one great asset coming back as part of deal, and for the Sens I think that pretty much boils down to Chabot or White...and I'm not sure Dorion really wants to do that.  I really don't know at this point...

Every trade can be looked like that. At the same token, Taylor Hall was traded for a top four d-man so it's next to impossible to really assess value.
Your assertion is that that is the norm. It is an outlier, we got Kyle Turris for Rundblad, but that wouldn't happen again. I also believe that Edmonton thinks they got a top pairing defenceman not a top 4.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Brown was last year's 1st and a top prospect. So yeah I don't think it's too bad of a peace. Also Colorado is having a sale and they want assets so yes maybe you take it. If we were in colorados shoes and had virtually no back-end then I would consider it. Also Stone/Hoffman > Lando. Not even debatable. Lando is 2nd line production with a lot of intangibles.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You guys do realize that Bobby Ryan has more goal than Lando at this point right? I know Lando brings a lot more to the table but right now they aren't exactly selling at their highest.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Brown was last year's 1st and a top prospect. So yeah I don't think it's too bad of a peace. Also Colorado is having a sale and they want assets so yes maybe you take it. If we were in colorados shoes and had virtually no back-end then I would consider it. Also Stone/Hoffman > Lando. Not even debatable. Lando is 2nd line production with a lot of intangibles.
I was speaking of Duchesne since Lando is not a top 6 forward IMO. My point is Duchesne will cost Chabot as the starting point. Maybe just Chabot + 1st or Chabot + Brown, but if we want a Duchesne or a Drouin or any top 6 player from a team in need of D Chabot will be the biggest piece going back.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

But Lando can skate, hit and generally play the game of hockey.  That said, I've said from the beginning he's not the kind of player we need

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I was speaking of Duchesne since Lando is not a top 6 forward IMO.  My point is Duchesne will cost Chabot as the starting point.  Maybe just Chabot + 1st or Chabot + Brown, but if we want a Duchesne or a Drouin or any top 6 player from a team in need of D Chabot will be the biggest piece going back.  
He's a top 6, come on.  He's having a crap year and hes injury prone and the style of game he plays will break him sooner rather than later, like Callahan

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I was speaking of Duchesne since Lando is not a top 6 forward IMO.  My point is Duchesne will cost Chabot as the starting point.  Maybe just Chabot + 1st or Chabot + Brown, but if we want a Duchesne or a Drouin or any top 6 player from a team in need of D Chabot will be the biggest piece going back.  
He's a top 6, come on.  He's having a crap year and hes injury prone and the style of game he plays will break him sooner rather than later, like Callahan
Callahan and Dustin Brown were top 9 not top 6 IMO. Regardless, I wouldn't give up any of Ceci, Chabot or White for him. In fact I wouldn't give up Ceci or Chabot in a deal for Duchesne. You talk Drouin and I would listen. I have done a 180 on Drouin after watching him since his temper tantrum, one hell of an offensive weapon. Imagine having Stone/Ryan and Drouin/Hoffman as wingers on the top 2 lines. Delicious.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He wouldn't be doing his job as GM of the wasn't always a little smoke.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Drouin would be great. But if it cost Ceci and white before the tantrum what do you think it would cost now? Maybe ceci's stock has risen since he's been given more minutes and looks to be taking another step but who knows. I think it would start with Ceci and a 1st, probably more. I'm not sure Tampa is interested in trading Drouin anyways.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:Drouin would be great. But if it cost Ceci and white before the tantrum what do you think it would cost now? Maybe ceci's stock has risen since he's been given more minutes and looks to be taking another step but who knows. I think it would start with Ceci and a 1st, probably more. I'm not sure Tampa is interested in trading Drouin anyways.

I'd do Ceci and White or Ceci, our 1st and Lazar or another piece for Drouin in the off-season for sure. Tampa may have some interesting decisions because of the flat cap. I doubt they want to move Drouin but they need to make choices.

They have 14 players signed for next year with 12.5M left. The 3 main RFAs are Palat, Johnson and Drouin. Johnson and Palat are making 4M each this year so it ain't goin' down. Let's say they can control the costs and get them both for 9, that doesn't leave a lot for Drouin and the rest of the roster (in fact it doesn't leave enough even at minimum salaries).

Might be able to get Drouin for Ceci straight up if you take on Garrison as it saves 2.3M of cap space for Tampa.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Drouin would be great. But if it cost Ceci and white before the tantrum what do you think it would cost now? Maybe ceci's stock has risen since he's been given more minutes and looks to be taking another step but who knows. I think it would start with Ceci and a 1st, probably more. I'm not sure Tampa is interested in trading Drouin anyways.

I'd do Ceci and White or Ceci, our 1st and Lazar or another piece for Drouin in the off-season for sure.   Tampa may have some interesting decisions because of the flat cap.  I doubt they want to move Drouin but they need to make choices.

They have 14 players signed for next year with 12.5M left.  The 3 main RFAs are Palat, Johnson and Drouin.  Johnson and Palat are making 4M each this year so it ain't goin' down.  Let's say they can control the costs and get them both for 9, that doesn't leave a lot for Drouin and the rest of the roster (in fact it doesn't leave enough even at minimum salaries).

Might be able to get Drouin for Ceci straight up if you take on Garrison as it saves 2.3M of cap space for Tampa.

Yikes, that's $12.5M space without an extension for Bishop. I was assuming they have $6M that can be cleared by moving Bishop. Clearly they will have to move some forwards.

Fillpula -- $5M for a guy who's on target for 11 goals and 50 points.; good luck moving him
Callahan -- 2 goals/4 points in 18 games this year; 23 in a fairly full season last year -- might have to buy him out ($5.8M next three years)
Condra -- I thought they already bought him out; guess he was just waived and sent down

I think they have to sign-and-trade one of the above RFAs.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:

I'd do Ceci and White or Ceci, our 1st and Lazar or another piece for Drouin in the off-season for sure.   Tampa may have some interesting decisions because of the flat cap.  I doubt they want to move Drouin but they need to make choices.

They have 14 players signed for next year with 12.5M left.  The 3 main RFAs are Palat, Johnson and Drouin.  Johnson and Palat are making 4M each this year so it ain't goin' down.  Let's say they can control the costs and get them both for 9, that doesn't leave a lot for Drouin and the rest of the roster (in fact it doesn't leave enough even at minimum salaries).

I think a lot of what happens this month will dictate what they do in the off season. They are trying to move filpula right now and if they can they are in a fairly good position moving forward. I see bishop being gone by the deadline. Probably for much lower than Stevie wants to admit right now.

I also think if they have to move someone it will be palat before Drouin. But again, hands tied, who knows what could happen. I seriously doubt a one for one would happen. That would be in the maginitude of hall for Larsson. I do like the idea of garrison being included to make that happen. If Melnyk can open the purse strings a little it might actually help. Garrison isn't his former self and that's not much but he could do on the bottom pairing. Or at least alternate with chabot to play with Dion. It's one freaking season left on his deal. Maybe we send them lazar or our first to make it work?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum