GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Winnipeg Jets @ Ottawa Senators - 5:00pm ET - Sun. Mar. 17th, 2013

+11
Bramlet07
spader
sandysensfan
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
wprager
NEELY
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 13]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
Hoags wrote:I think Regin is done, PMac said something about his lack of "compete level"
Daugavins is done as well, the shootout seems his only distinguising skill, Carkner was well liked as well and he is gone so that won't stop them.

When Spezza comes back who comes out ? It would be Z but do you really send him down ?
If we sign Perry that will lock up another roster spot on RW.

Latendresse is playin really well too, doesn't seem a coincidence that Turris' line is suddenly scoring with him back. Hard to say given his concussion history but he goes to the net every time and he is big. You can see his talent as well. If he could stay healthy for a long time he could cause some serious damage.

I'm not sure will see Latendresse back next year...depends on how the rest of this season goes.

As for "who comes out", it certainly won't be Zibanejad! Can't even suggest that at this point..Z-Bad is really playing well lately...it'll be Kassian/O'Brien/Regin that get time cut.

I think Latendresse is coming back, the results speak for themselves and the risk that the Sens took was to see if he could get things back on track and that's exactly what has happened IMO. He has a ton of chemistry with Turris and his return has gotten Turris going. If the injuries are behind him and he's comfortable in the Sens system, it's laughable what has just happened. LAtendresse is a good player and someone like Greening will be moved out before Latendresse simply because Greening may have priced himself out of Ottawa hitting UFA status after next year.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Next year is sick in terms of what this team wil look like
forwards
Michalek, spezza, Perry
Silf, Turris, Alfie
Noeson, Z smith, Zib
daug, JOB, neil.
and then we have a few extra kids from bingo that could easily slide in and i'd actually consider bringing latendresse back if he can continue the way he has. just an alright guy to have around in case of injuries.

defense is ridiculous as well
we might look to add a RH d-man thru trade, someone with experience and plenty of skill to play the second pairing

Your lineup lacks Greening and Condra, both of whom I see returning.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Condra will be resigned for sure, can't see him going anywhere. He's a staple on the 4th line and does so many things well, he's only going to get better.

The guy who may be part of a package deal with Bishop to land a big fish would be Greening. UFA at the end of next year, due for a big raise, and has limited upside. I wouldn't screw around with the chemistry too much right now but that's a piece that could be moved simply because he may be too expensive to resign as a 3rd line guy.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Hoags wrote:I think Regin is done, PMac said something about his lack of "compete level"
Daugavins is done as well, the shootout seems his only distinguising skill, Carkner was well liked as well and he is gone so that won't stop them.

When Spezza comes back who comes out ? It would be Z but do you really send him down ?

Latendresse is playin really well too, doesn't seem a coincidence that Turris' line is suddenly scoring with him back. Hard to say given his concussion history but he goes to the net every time and he is big. You can see his talent as well. If he could stay healthy for a long time he could cause some serious damage.

I'm not sure will see Latendresse back next year...depends on how the rest of this season goes.

As for "who comes out", it certainly won't be Zibanejad! Can't even suggest that at this point..Z-Bad is really playing well lately...it'll be Kassian/O'Brien/Regin that get time cut.

I think Latendresse is coming back, the results speak for themselves and the risk that the Sens took was to see if he could get things back on track and that's exactly what has happened IMO. He has a ton of chemistry with Turris and his return has gotten Turris going. If the injuries are behind him and he's comfortable in the Sens system, it's laughable what has just happened. LAtendresse is a good player and someone like Greening will be moved out before Latendresse simply because Greening may have priced himself out of Ottawa hitting UFA status after next year.

Latendresse is the shizz. I love the way he plays. Shame about the injury questions, though. But injuries aside, I'd take him over a lot of guys on this team right now. Having him in the lineup makes it a lot easier to move Michalek for a guy like young Perry or even Iginla if that trade is there to be had.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I don't think Michalek will be going anywhere to be honest, he's injured and teams know this. He would be pretty close to worthless in a deal where he is supposed to be contributing this year.

Next year I and it seems everyone else believe the Sens will go for it. Is it a stretch to think the Sens lineup to start the season will be...?

Michalek/Spezza/Perry
Latendresse/Turris/Alfi
Greening/Zibanejad/Silfverberg
Condra/Smith/Neil
Kassian/JOB

Methot/Karlsson
Cowen/Gryba
Wiercioch/Phillips
Benoit

Anderson
Lehner

It isn't. That's basically 3 scoring lines and a 4th line that can be rolled at any time in the game for any reason other than needing a late goal.

Good luck to the East because I think that's the best team, top to bottom.

Also, don't think it's too far fetched to see a Greening and Bishop for Briere deal either.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Condra will be resigned for sure, can't see him going anywhere. He's a staple on the 4th line and does so many things well, he's only going to get better.

The guy who may be part of a package deal with Bishop to land a big fish would be Greening. UFA at the end of next year, due for a big raise, and has limited upside. I wouldn't screw around with the chemistry too much right now but that's a piece that could be moved simply because he may be too expensive to resign as a 3rd line guy.

That's spot on I can see Greening being moved, not because he is a bad player but for the reasons stated. Lots of teams called about him so it shouldn't be a problem to find a trading partner.

Condra is basically Chris Kelly.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:

Also, don't think it's too far fetched to see a Greening and Bishop for Briere deal either.

KABLAM!!!

I'm a big believer in Bière as a guy that could put a team over the top.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
forwards
Michalek, spezza, Perry
Silf, Turris, Alfie
Noeson, Z smith, Zib
daug, JOB, neil.
and then we have a few extra kids from bingo that could easily slide in and i'd actually consider bringing latendresse back if he can continue the way he has. just an alright guy to have around in case of injuries.

we might look to add a RH d-man thru trade, someone with experience and plenty of skill to play the second pairing

wow! you're right. Condra is very important to this team. Greening i could see him getting traded if we end up having Noesan making the jump.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:

KABLAM!!!

I'm a big believer in Bière as a guy that could put a team over the top.

Yup, place him beside Zibanejad and SIlfverberg on the 3rd line and wow.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
forwards
Michalek, spezza, Perry
Silf, Turris, Alfie
Noeson, Z smith, Zib
daug, JOB, neil.

wow! you're right. Condra is very important to this team. Greening i could see him getting traded if we end up having Noesan making the jump.

Noesen isn't far off either and he and Stone will be the first callups up front.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I wouldn't trade Wiercioch for anything right now either.

He's got to be the most improved callup player. He is Karlsson Jr. out there. No where near as skilled but he's getting more confident and not afraid to hold on to the puck and make plays. Got a great shot from the point it seems too.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:

Pretty much. It depends on what Pittsburgh and Boston do...they have smart management, and are capable of turning a deal or two that up the ante. Also, Montreal should be better as well. It will entertaining as heck to watch the "up-and-coming" Senators next year go toe-to-toe with these teams in the standings.

What I think tips the scales in our favour over ALL other teams is the goaltending. It would be awesome if we could squeak out a playoff series win (or 4) this year, if for nothing other than the experience for the young guys. Playoff hockey is different, although not much different than the way this team has been grinding it out lately.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I don't think Michalek will be going anywhere to be honest, he's injured and teams know this. He would be pretty close to worthless in a deal where he is supposed to be contributing this year.

Next year I and it seems everyone else believe the Sens will go for it. Is it a stretch to think the Sens lineup to start the season will be...?

Michalek/Spezza/Perry
Latendresse/Turris/Alfi
Greening/Zibanejad/Silfverberg
Condra/Smith/Neil
Kassian/JOB

Methot/Karlsson
Cowen/Gryba
Wiercioch/Phillips
Benoit

Anderson
Lehner

It isn't. That's basically 3 scoring lines and a 4th line that can be rolled at any time in the game for any reason other than needing a late goal.

I like that but if we could package Bishop and greening+ for a top 4 RH D then i think you do it. Gryba has been nothing short of amazing counting we'd thought he'd need longer in the AHL to make it. we could have him and phillips play the 3rd pairing as we see fit.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Regin then went out and threw a few hits. Not enough to undo a 2-assist performance in 20 games, but a start.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If you need to aquire another top 4, right side playign dman then you just resign Gonchar. No reason to give up anything for a lesser player than Gonchar right now or even on that is equal to him.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
forwards
Michalek, spezza, Perry
Silf, Turris, Alfie
Noeson, Z smith, Zib
daug, JOB, neil.

Noesen isn't far off either and he and Stone will be the first callups up front.
I'm having my first coffee so i didn't even think of stone. man the depth is amazing. again we have enough depth to bring in a great top 4 D.
if Perry comes this could be the perfect time for murray to pull the trigger on a spectacular deal to go for the cup.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:If you need to aquire another top 4, right side playign dman then you just resign Gonchar. No reason to give up anything for a lesser player than Gonchar right now or even on that is equal to him.
really? Bogosian? you make them an offer they can't refuse...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:I wouldn't trade Wiercioch for anything right now either.

He's got to be the most improved callup player. He is Karlsson Jr. out there. No where near as skilled but he's getting more confident and not afraid to hold on to the puck and make plays. Got a great shot from the point it seems too.

I think that's been his game all along. It just needed to translate into the AHL then the NHL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum