GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Winnipeg Jets @ Ottawa Senators - 5:00pm ET - Sun. Mar. 17th, 2013

+11
Bramlet07
spader
sandysensfan
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
wprager
NEELY
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 13]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Why the hell would they lock up Hainsey? He's a dime a dozen D man that can be had anywhere. I would take Benoit over Hainsey at this point.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Well if Bogo doesn't want to stay in Winnipeg, I doubt he'd like it in Ottawa.

I doubt they will fire Noel, he was their guy when they hired him. The Jets are still the Thrashers for the most part. I don't think there is any playoff expectations they need a few years to rebuild most of that roster.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:I'd trade Cowen for Stewart, St. Louis needs an LHD badly to play with Pietrangelo etc. They're also a budget team and I doubt they can afford Stewart this summer, along with their other RFAs.

As for Bishop, the goalie market is oversaturated right now, you also got Schneider/Luongo as well on there.

Ignoring goalies who have played fewer than 5 games, Bishop is 9th in SV%. Rinne is 24th, Price 25th, Schneider 30th, Luongo is 26th.

I don't think the market is over-saturated with goalies in the top-10 SV%. I don't think anyone wants Luongo now, and Vancouver is probably not as willing to move him now.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Why the hell would they lock up Hainsey? He's a dime a dozen D man that can be had anywhere. I would take Benoit over Hainsey at this point.
he plays a lot of minutes for them. the list of players wanting to live in winnipeg is super long.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Ignoring goalies who have played fewer than 5 games, Bishop is 9th in SV%. Rinne is 24th, Price 25th, Schneider 30th, Luongo is 26th.

I don't think the market is over-saturated with goalies in the top-10 SV%. I don't think anyone wants Luongo now, and Vancouver is probably not as willing to move him now.

It's an odd year, there is no way Bishop is better than any of those goalies listed.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Well if Bogo doesn't want to stay in Winnipeg, I doubt he'd like it in Ottawa.

I doubt they will fire Noel, he was their guy when they hired him. The Jets are still the Thrashers for the most part. I don't think there is any playoff expectations they need a few years to rebuild most of that roster.
Winnipeg is a sad, sad city to live in. that alone is enough to want to get the hell out of dodge. Ottawa may note be the center of the universe either but it's within short reach of many places. plus we are on the verge of contending. something winnipeg isn't exactly.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Flo The Action wrote:
NEELY wrote:Why the hell would they lock up Hainsey? He's a dime a dozen D man that can be had anywhere. I would take Benoit over Hainsey at this point.
he plays a lot of minutes for them. the list of players wanting to live in winnipeg is super long.

Yah, Hainsey is awful... he's over paid and he's about as replacable as you can get. They will put Trouba into the lineup next year over that plug.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Yah, Hainsey is awful... he's over paid and he's about as replacable as you can get. They will put Trouba into the lineup next year over that plug.
well apperently they're talking contract. maybe the price will be lower.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:

It's an odd year, there is no way Bishop is better than any of those goalies listed.

He's also playing behind a defense consisting of 3 NHLers, two old men and Marc Methot.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Short of being 1 mil a season... I wouldn't do it. Way better options out there.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Winnipeg is a sad, sad city to live in. that alone is enough to want to get the hell out of dodge. Ottawa may note be the center of the universe either but it's within short reach of many places. plus we are on the verge of contending. something winnipeg isn't exactly.

Some players like it there apparently.

Bogosian is from Massena which isn't far away at all. Pretty much right across the border.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

He's also playing behind a defense consisting of 3 NHLers, two old men and Marc Methot.

Small sample size too, I doubt any team will bet their future on a young goalie. Look at Tampa and Lindback.

Steve Mason won the Calder Trophy once as well and look at him now.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:

Small sample size too, I doubt any team will bet their future on a young goalie. Look at Tampa and Lindback.

Steve Mason won the Calder Trophy once as well and look at him now.
Bishop still has a lot to prove to be thought of a number 1. the advantage is that he's proven he's more then adequate as a 2. a team that's unsure of their number 1 is exactly where Bishop should land. that's why winnipeg is perfect as a destination.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
Hoags wrote:Well if Bogo doesn't want to stay in Winnipeg, I doubt he'd like it in Ottawa.

http://www.tourismwinnipeg.com/things-to-do/top-ten-must-sees

http://www.ottawatourism.ca/en/features/top-10-things-to-do

Ottawa's list doesn't even include the Sens (Winnipeg lists "Sports and Gaming" as #9, and that includes the Jets).

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Bogosian is basically from Ottawa, fyi so that's BS right there in terms of that excuse. Again though, Winnipeg isn't trading him.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Sens fan growing up, Paul McLean, team on the rise. What's not to like?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?dpid=2

Last edited by LeKing on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

http://www.tourismwinnipeg.com/things-to-do/top-ten-must-sees

http://www.ottawatourism.ca/en/features/top-10-things-to-do

Ottawa's list doesn't even include the Sens (Winnipeg lists "Sports and Gaming" as #9, and that includes the Jets).
oh man! that is a sad list for winnipeg! they should hide that! I'm sure for a outdoors enthusiast there is some cool things surrounding winnipeg but the city is a sad cry.
most players decide to do what they want and where to live in the off season. it's when the season is on that you must factor in what to do. that blistering cold that hits Winni in the winter isn't being advertised in that top 10.
at least ottawa has some sort of life even in the winter. it's not full lock down.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:

Sens fan growing up, Paul McLean, team on the rise. What's not to like?
well there you go! Bogo to the sens E5 Ahhhhh!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum