GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Winnipeg Jets @ Ottawa Senators - 5:00pm ET - Sun. Mar. 17th, 2013

+11
Bramlet07
spader
sandysensfan
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
wprager
NEELY
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 13]

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:yeah at this point i'm not trading zib. michalek i'd say yes but would they? i doubt it. I think Ceci is an idea. ad a guy like greening then you play around with it, between prospect and pick. the 1st in 2014 is available if you ask me. depends what Winni demands but i'm sure there's a deal to be made there.
The only way to get Bogosian is to replace him. That's why Cowen for Bogo works. For those who don't want Cowen moved, remember he has basically missed 2 full seasons due to major injuries. Tough to play D in todays NHL without good loose hips, just saying it might be wise to explore the idea of moving him for another stud Dman.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:yeah at this point i'm not trading zib. michalek i'd say yes but would they? i doubt it. I think Ceci is an idea. ad a guy like greening then you play around with it, between prospect and pick. the 1st in 2014 is available if you ask me. depends what Winni demands but i'm sure there's a deal to be made there.
The only way to get Bogosian is to replace him. That's why Cowen for Bogo works. For those who don't want Cowen moved, remember he has basically missed 2 full seasons due to major injuries. Tough to play D in todays NHL without good loose hips, just saying it might be wise to explore the idea of moving him for another stud Dman.
I understand the rational but I still think that's a move we can do without. there's other pieces that can be moved without losing him. cowen bogo as a second pairing is scary!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Again, why is Winnipeg willing to move Bogosian?

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:Again, why is Winnipeg willing to move Bogosian?
Because he is an RFA with only 2 years to UFA. They have Enstrom and Buff making alot of coin already. Cowen provides more of a stay at home presence on the left side AND is cheaper short term and maybe longer term as well. Mostly to buy a couple a few more years of lower salary with Cowen.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yah, don't think that's going to happen unless Bogosian totally prices himself out of winnipeg in which case Ottawa won't be paying a 2nd pairing D man 5 mil plus on a long term deal.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKing wrote:He (Zibby) is starting to look like a power forward. Now is not the time to trade him.

Agreed.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
LeKing wrote:He (Zibby) is starting to look like a power forward. Now is not the time to trade him.

Agreed.
When Spezza is back does Z-Bad move to the wing or does Zach Smith get relegated to the 4th line at almost 2M per year ?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Agreed.
When Spezza is back does Z-Bad move to the wing or does Zach Smith get relegated to the 4th line at almost 2M per year ?

My personal preference is wing, but he seems more effective at C.

I have to write it down to get a handle

Latendresse - Spezza - Silfverberg
Zibanejad - Turris - Alfie
Greening - Smith - Neil
one of the LWs - Regin/O'Brien - Condra

?

am I missing anyone not named Michalek?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

That 3rd line needs to change next year, it's time to transition into a 3 scoring line - 1 shutdown line.

Hopefully:

Perry - Spezza - Greening
Latendresse - Turris - Alfie
Silfverberg - Smith - Zibanejad
Neil - JOB - Condra

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Gryba
Wiercioch - Gonchar
Philips

Dare I say - Stanley Cup?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michalek isn't going anywhere... he will be playing next to Spezza for sure. I would guess Silfverberg and Zibanejad stick together for a while, they seem to feed off each other.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Michalek is the 13th forward, he will play 20 games Laugh1

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKing wrote:That 3rd line needs to change next year, it's time to transition into a 3 scoring line - 1 shutdown line.

Hopefully:

Perry - Spezza - Greening
Latendresse - Turris - Alfie
Silfverberg - Smith - Zibanejad
Neil - JOB - Condra

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Gryba
Wiercioch - Gonchar
Philips

Dare I say - Stanley Cup?

I think replacing Greening up there with Michalek makes that a Cup contender personally. I also think that if you re-sign Gonchar, something has to give, you can't have Phillips as the 7th guy going into camp.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Again, guys will get injured. Wiercioch will start as the 7th and will rotate.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKing wrote:Again, guys will get injured. Wiercioch will start as the 7th and will rotate.

Actually, that's true, no harm in that for a while.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum