GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Winnipeg Jets @ Ottawa Senators - 5:00pm ET - Sun. Mar. 17th, 2013

+11
Bramlet07
spader
sandysensfan
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
wprager
NEELY
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 13]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:Well if Bogo doesn't want to stay in Winnipeg, I doubt he'd like it in Ottawa.

I doubt they will fire Noel, he was their guy when they hired him. The Jets are still the Thrashers for the most part. I don't think there is any playoff expectations they need a few years to rebuild most of that roster.

Sens fan growing up, Paul McLean, team on the rise. What's not to like?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?dpid=2

Last edited by LeKing on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Hoags wrote:Well if Bogo doesn't want to stay in Winnipeg, I doubt he'd like it in Ottawa.

I doubt they will fire Noel, he was their guy when they hired him. The Jets are still the Thrashers for the most part. I don't think there is any playoff expectations they need a few years to rebuild most of that roster.
Winnipeg is a sad, sad city to live in. that alone is enough to want to get the hell out of dodge. Ottawa may note be the center of the universe either but it's within short reach of many places. plus we are on the verge of contending. something winnipeg isn't exactly.

http://www.tourismwinnipeg.com/things-to-do/top-ten-must-sees

http://www.ottawatourism.ca/en/features/top-10-things-to-do

Ottawa's list doesn't even include the Sens (Winnipeg lists "Sports and Gaming" as #9, and that includes the Jets).
oh man! that is a sad list for winnipeg! they should hide that! I'm sure for a outdoors enthusiast there is some cool things surrounding winnipeg but the city is a sad cry.
most players decide to do what they want and where to live in the off season. it's when the season is on that you must factor in what to do. that blistering cold that hits Winni in the winter isn't being advertised in that top 10.
at least ottawa has some sort of life even in the winter. it's not full lock down.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:

Sens fan growing up, Paul McLean, team on the rise. What's not to like?
well there you go! Bogo to the sens E5 Ahhhhh!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:I wouldn't trade Wiercioch for anything right now either.

He's got to be the most improved callup player. He is Karlsson Jr. out there. No where near as skilled but he's getting more confident and not afraid to hold on to the puck and make plays. Got a great shot from the point it seems too.
Agreed. Most improved call up award for sure, he's actually been getting noticeably better each game. Love it!

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:Bogosian is basically from Ottawa, fyi so that's BS right there in terms of that excuse. Again though, Winnipeg isn't trading him.
Unless he signs before July or he/team file for arbitration Murray gets the chance to put a bug in his ear about his value, how much the Sens want him in Ottawa, where he would fit in on our D with Methot/Karlsson, Weircioch/Bogosian. The Jets only control him for 2 more years, they could have Cowen for 5 controlled years. If Murray wants him and Bogosian wants to move, I think he can pry him out of Winnipeg

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cowen's better and I'm a huge Bogo fan. Bogosian better offensively, yes, but not defensively. Sens pass on any deal that involves Cowen for Bogo.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Cowen's better and I'm a huge Bogo fan. Bogosian better offensively, yes, but not defensively. Sens pass on any deal that involves Cowen for Bogo.
So Weircioch is 3rd pairing on the left side for the next 5 years? Manage your assets Bogo behind Karlsson on the right side sets up the Sens with the kind of top 4 Chicago has, and 3 of them would be under 24. Bogosian fits in with the MacLean style even more than Cowen. I am a huge Cowen guy, it's just that you have to look at the assets and we have depth on the left with Methot/Cowen/Weircioch/Phillips/Boro, while on the right we have Karlsson/Gryba/Ceci in the future.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:
So Weircioch is 3rd pairing on the left side for the next 5 years? Manage your assets Bogo behind Karlsson on the right side sets up the Sens with the kind of top 4 Chicago has, and 3 of them would be under 24. Bogosian fits in with the MacLean style even more than Cowen. I am a huge Cowen guy, it's just that you have to look at the assets and we have depth on the left with Methot/Cowen/Weircioch/Phillips/Boro, while on the right we have Karlsson/Gryba/Ceci in the future.

That's what I've been thinking, hard to say which would be a better player for us down the road though.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

There will always be injuries for Boro to play ( I think he will be 6th 7th) and I also think Philips can play on the right side from time to time, and will retire in the next 3 years
I like Wiercioch but until he plays well on the PK, and with 22 mins a night of TOI like Cowen does, he should not be considered a top 4 guy yet.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Cowen's better and I'm a huge Bogo fan. Bogosian better offensively, yes, but not defensively. Sens pass on any deal that involves Cowen for Bogo.

If we can manage to make someone like Wiercioch comfortable on the right side, we're golden for a long, long time. You don't need to sell me on Bogo, believe me I've liked the guy since the moment he was drafted, but there's a lot to be said for a guy like Cowen - someone who is homegrown, who has already won a championship in your organization, who is mobile, who has untapped offensive upside (especially in a Mac system).

I also understand that we have lefties coming out the ying yang and I'm not sure what'll happen, but if I was GM, unless the offer was mind blowing, I don't move Cowen - and Bogo isn't enough to do it for me personally.

If you look at it on paper, we have:

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Gryba
Phillips - Wiercioch
Boroweicki - Benoit

without even re-signing Gonchar - if that's what Murray wants to do. That's pretty solid IMO. We might be missing a vet on the right side, but I'm not exactly sure who that vet would replace at this point.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:

If we can manage to make someone like Wiercioch comfortable on the right side, we're golden for a long, long time. You don't need to sell me on Bogo, believe me I've liked the guy since the moment he was drafted, but there's a lot to be said for a guy like Cowen - someone who is homegrown, who has already won a championship in your organization, who is mobile, who has untapped offensive upside (especially in a Mac system).

I also understand that we have lefties coming out the ying yang and I'm not sure what'll happen, but if I was GM, unless the offer was mind blowing, I don't move Cowen - and Bogo isn't enough to do it for me personally.

If you look at it on paper, we have:

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Gryba
Phillips - Wiercioch
Boroweicki - Benoit

without even re-signing Gonchar - if that's what Murray wants to do. That's pretty solid IMO. We might be missing a vet on the right side, but I'm not exactly sure who that vet would replace at this point.
you could also make a package for Bogo including Ceci which is a Rh. say Ceci, Greening and pumpel. could very well bight on that. especially if they think they will loose him in 2 years. they have ceci to replace him down the road.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:you could also make a package for Bogo including Ceci which is a Rh. say Ceci, Greening and pumpel. could very well bight on that. especially if they think they will loose him in 2 years. they have ceci to replace him down the road.

I think if they Jets felt like they needed to trade Bogo, that package would likely be beaten. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel as if there's some decent pieces in that package that you suggested, but not enough for them to say yes.

Zibanejad would be my guess as a starting point, but I doubt we want to do that (or do we?).

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

He (Zibby) is starting to look like a power forward. Now is not the time to trade him.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Trading anyone one of Zibanejad or Silfverberg is extremely short sighted. Sens have more established guys like Greening, Michalek, and Cowen they could move for the right piece, not just dump off in a trade for the sake of making a trade.

Wiercioch is another guy I would be very careful in moving... he seems to be a legit NHLer with top 4 upside that can score a lot of points. Him and Karlsson on the point for the next 5-8 years could be a beautiful thing.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yeah at this point i'm not trading zib. michalek i'd say yes but would they? i doubt it. I think Ceci is an idea. ad a guy like greening then you play around with it, between prospect and pick. the 1st in 2014 is available if you ask me. depends what Winni demands but i'm sure there's a deal to be made there.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:yeah at this point i'm not trading zib. michalek i'd say yes but would they? i doubt it. I think Ceci is an idea. ad a guy like greening then you play around with it, between prospect and pick. the 1st in 2014 is available if you ask me. depends what Winni demands but i'm sure there's a deal to be made there.
The only way to get Bogosian is to replace him. That's why Cowen for Bogo works. For those who don't want Cowen moved, remember he has basically missed 2 full seasons due to major injuries. Tough to play D in todays NHL without good loose hips, just saying it might be wise to explore the idea of moving him for another stud Dman.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:yeah at this point i'm not trading zib. michalek i'd say yes but would they? i doubt it. I think Ceci is an idea. ad a guy like greening then you play around with it, between prospect and pick. the 1st in 2014 is available if you ask me. depends what Winni demands but i'm sure there's a deal to be made there.
The only way to get Bogosian is to replace him. That's why Cowen for Bogo works. For those who don't want Cowen moved, remember he has basically missed 2 full seasons due to major injuries. Tough to play D in todays NHL without good loose hips, just saying it might be wise to explore the idea of moving him for another stud Dman.
I understand the rational but I still think that's a move we can do without. there's other pieces that can be moved without losing him. cowen bogo as a second pairing is scary!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Again, why is Winnipeg willing to move Bogosian?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum