GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Philadelphia Flyers - 12:00pm ET - Sat. Mar. 2nd, 2013

+10
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Hobiesens
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
NEELY
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:Well deserved loss. No finish whatsoever

I missed most of the game, but they looked like they were getting lots of chances late in the game.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Pretty disappointed Neil and Smith let Philly get away with what ever they wanted. Yah, MacLean probably told them they need them on the ice but still, no push back and Rinaldo was allowed to basically run wild.

MacLean was outcoached.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No one to score goals. We can only win 2-1 games for so long before we get into trouble. Not sure why Murray is waiting, I understand the sentiment to see what you have in the system first, but damn, not sure we can wait all season.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:No one to score goals. We can only win 2-1 games for so long before we get into trouble. Not sure why Murray is waiting, I understand the sentiment to see what you have in the system first, but damn, not sure we can wait all season.

Need 2 teams to make a move and almost every team is in it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I guess the good news is Methot is amazing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:To be fair, The Alfie was the first one on the scene when Rinaldo took out Phillips. How Fedetenko didn't get a penalty for ramming his stick repeatedly into Phillips' face is beyond me.

I actually don't mind the 5 minute penalty on The Alfie...it WAS a deliberate cross check to the head.

Yeah I'm talking about the whole game. Finally someone had enough of it and it shouldn't have been alfredsson

This was a home game for the Flyers. I'm sure LaViolette didn't put Rinaldo out against Neil/Smith/Greening. Alfie is playing with Turris and Silfverberg. I don't think you can expect either of them to get involved. What Mac should've done is split up the bangers and make sure each line had one.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Smith was about as bad as you could have imagined today and Turris was no where to be found. They may have to sit him tomorrow.

When Michalek is ready they might slide Zibanejad back over to center and give Turris a game off. And after a couple of tune up games in Bingo I think Stone could be up here to give Smith a break.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I only saw the first one and the end of the third, so I guess I have to disagree. They were all over them in the 1st and had lots of chances at the end, despite all the penalties. And to start the third weren't they up something like 7-0 in shots on goal? The second period did them in, which is unusual for this team.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:Man smith had an unbelievable opportunity to tie it. Sigh could have used alfie at the end there...

Since it's allowed, he should have stuck his boot right up against the post to make sure that if he missed with the stick, he would have just "angled" it in with his foot.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Pretty disappointed Neil and Smith let Philly get away with what ever they wanted. Yah, MacLean probably told them they need them on the ice but still, no push back and Rinaldo was allowed to basically run wild.

MacLean was outcoached.

I hate to say it, but, yeah. The Sens don't need Smith and Neil to score (would be nice, but they won 5 in a row without).

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Feels bad man.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Today is why having a guy like Daugavins as the 13th forward (usually) is a problem. He's a guy that doesn't really do much of anything despite being really solid on the PK but other guys can do that. Full points for him jumping in there to fight but it was futile.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

I only saw the first one and the end of the third, so I guess I have to disagree. They were all over them in the 1st and had lots of chances at the end, despite all the penalties. And to start the third weren't they up something like 7-0 in shots on goal? The second period did them in, which is unusual for this team.

2nd period did them in, they were brutal. Even in the first and second period, they made too many gaffes. Weircioch made a blunder, condra had a big one too, gonchar was full of it. Who cares if they outshot the flyers for a stretch? They still got outshot in the game. Sens absolutely deserved to lose that game because they had zero push back on the physicality and played horrid defence. They lacked finish and when given a 5 minute powerplay, they take a boneheaded too many men penalty. I don't see enough movement in the powerplay either, and we were on our heels in every PK.

Don't try to tell me otherwise. Sens definitely deserved to lose this game and its fine, it happens. I'm surprised it was only 2-1.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:To be fair, The Alfie was the first one on the scene when Rinaldo took out Phillips. How Fedetenko didn't get a penalty for ramming his stick repeatedly into Phillips' face is beyond me.

I actually don't mind the 5 minute penalty on The Alfie...it WAS a deliberate cross check to the head.

Yeah I'm talking about the whole game. Finally someone had enough of it and it shouldn't have been alfredsson

This was a home game for the Flyers. I'm sure LaViolette didn't put Rinaldo out against Neil/Smith/Greening. Alfie is playing with Turris and Silfverberg. I don't think you can expect either of them to get involved. What Mac should've done is split up the bangers and make sure each line had one.

Plenty of chances for smith and neil to have gotten rinaldo. man why are people making so many excuses today? That was a BAD game by the senators and they still only lost by one goal and its for no reason other than goaltending. no finish isn't a good thing. WHat discourages me is that people who should be stepping up aren't (likes of gonchar, turris, smith, neil etc.) and what's worse is they're making more and more boneheaded plays because they got a goalie to bail them out. Not the way to play hockey.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

and as negative as I'm being right now, yes I would still take this situation if you had told me they would be 5-2-1 since karlsson went down and obviously I'm happy that they've held their own. What I'm disturbed about is the trend since Monday against the habs and its not a good one. They could be on the verge of a losing streak

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Via John Shannon:

"Can confirm that Flyers Harry Zolnierczyk will have a hearing for hit on Sens' Mike Lundin. Call on ice was Major and Game Misc."

https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/status/307968867689455617

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

really need someone who can hit the net and score. I know silf was expected to be top 6 but right now all the youngs guys are being forced to play more minutes than they were meant to get in a game. Maclean has been good last year and when we were healthy (all 5 games or so) of managing the prospects ice time. A player is supposed to earn their ice time but in this case he has no choice. Yes it was an atrocious game. But I am surprised we have held together if not for our awesome depth at goaltending we would be dwelling at the bottom of the conference

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

At least this site isn't getting stupid -- like on Senschirp.

Some comments like:

Alfie should be traded because of the major today.

Turris is terrible so should be traded.

Why does Smith get so much PP time?

Trashing all of the prospects because they are struggling. I guess they expected the rookies to come into the lineup and be NHL ready and make no mistakes.

----

We all knew this winning streak would end. They won some games or got points in some games they should have lost.

This loss was inevitable. You stop Alfie, Turris & Silfverberg -- you don't have much else to score.

I only saw the first period.. but from what I hear they let Philly and Rinaldo run around all day.

Any word on if Alfie is getting a call from Shanahan?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum