GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 27th, 2013

+9
Flo The Action
Hoags
SensHulk
spader
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
wprager
shabbs
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens have clinched a playoff spot. Karlsson is back in style. Things are looking good in the capital. The OT loss by the Isles last night dropped the Sens to 7th. A win today can bring them back to 6th and guarantee no less than 7th spot. PMac said he would split goaltending duties in the last two games and rest some players so chances are we'll see some new bodies back in the lineup. Perhaps Anderson today and Lehner on Sunday vs the Bruins. We'll see.

GO SENS GO!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anderson was confirmed as the starter yesterday.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Anderson was confirmed as the starter yesterday.
Sweet.

https://twitter.com/dslatertv/status/327868232037957632

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By puck drop we should know where we stand. Regardless of the outcome of the Rangers-Devils game (3PM start) a single point guarantees us 7th (and means Sunday's game against the Bruins could be a statement game -- from our 3rd/4th liners).

If the Rags lose in regulation then a single point clinches 6th. If they win in regulation or OT, then we can't clinch tonight, not even with a ROW. It will come down to Sunday's game in Boston (we would need a singe point from Lehner).

There are, of course, other permutations and possibilities, including the Habs winning in regulation, then the Sens winning both remaining games to move into 5th and face the Habs in the 1st round. The Nation (TSN, CBC) would weep.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Just need a point in the next 2 games. Going to this one as I thought it might have been Alfi's last game, but it will be an important game no matter what.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Just need a point in the next 2 games. Going to this one as I thought it might have been Alfi's last game, but it will be an important game no matter what.

I'd prefer 6th, which means 3 points. If the Rangers win today then that sets up a huge statement game on Sunday. Except that we are very likely going to see some vets rested; so could the Bruins. The "statement" could be "Our depth players can beat your depth players.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nothing we haven't already heard, but this puts it all together:

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/04/26/ottawa-sens-stars-jason-spezza-returns-to-the-ice

Karlsson was skating for about a week before he was "caught" by that CBC reporter. Then he took nearly a week off for the Masters. So that means he started skating the first week of April, and was back in the lineup on the 25th.

I'd hope that rehab of a lacerated Achilles tendon would take more time to get ready for practicing with the team, and Spezza has already recuperated from the original surgery. So I don't think it should necessarily take 4 weeks, but 4 weeks would put is in the third full week of May. We're talking about the end of the second round.

Doesn't look good for Spezza coming back this season unless the Sens make it to the ECF.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Kassian in over Latendresse for tonight's game.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Playoff scenarios outlined...

http://senshot.com/2013/04/27/breaking-down-all-of-the-ottawa-senators-playoff-scenarios/

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Playoff scenarios outlined...

http://senshot.com/2013/04/27/breaking-down-all-of-the-ottawa-senators-playoff-scenarios/

Too complicated. Just winning two games seems easier.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:By puck drop we should know where we stand. Regardless of the outcome of the Rangers-Devils game (3PM start) a single point guarantees us 7th (and means Sunday's game against the Bruins could be a statement game -- from our 3rd/4th liners).

If the Rags lose in regulation then a single point clinches 6th. If they win in regulation or OT, then we can't clinch tonight, not even with a ROW. It will come down to Sunday's game in Boston (we would need a singe point from Lehner).

There are, of course, other permutations and possibilities, including the Habs winning in regulation, then the Sens winning both remaining games to move into 5th and face the Habs in the 1st round. The Nation (TSN, CBC) would weep.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:By puck drop we should know where we stand. Regardless of the outcome of the Rangers-Devils game (3PM start) a single point guarantees us 7th (and means Sunday's game against the Bruins could be a statement game -- from our 3rd/4th liners).

Yeah, you think mine was complicated? Read the link.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't want to worry about anything else other than the Sens game tonight. Time to start helping ourselves.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I don't want to worry about anything else other than the Sens game tonight. Time to start helping ourselves.

To some sausage gravy?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I don't want to worry about anything else other than the Sens game tonight. Time to start helping ourselves.

To some sausage gravy?
SOLD!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum