GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Apr. 27th, 2013

+9
Flo The Action
Hoags
SensHulk
spader
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
wprager
shabbs
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens need to win.

End of.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So pissed.

We neeed the win or at least a Cussing point tonight.

FACK.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:Hope it's not like last year where they mail it in after they clinch.

I don't think you could call this "mailing it in". They outplayed the Flyers, just no finish around the net. Even with Karlsson back they still had Phillips out there on the PP. And Neil, too. He's fine when standing in front of the crease, but in order to do that they have to win the face off and control the play in the offensive zone. When you're relying on Neil to get the puck from the corner and carry it around behind the goal to make a play out front then you're not going to be terribly effective. We don't have a lot of finishers and can't afford for Michalek to miss two open nets.

We now need a single point against the Bruins to get out of facing the Pens again. It's not going to be easy.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Karlsson had a few "oopsie-daisy" moments out there tonight. Then he also had that great pass to Michalek that he should've buried one-timing it. Alfie looks frustrated out there. Seems his linemates are having trouble keeping up. When is P-Mac going to put Alfie with Silf and Zib?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

No finish, no one on this team can score Facepalm

We control the puck ridiculously well but all we do shoot pucks into goalies' chest protector and the occasional post/crossbar.

It's beyond frustrating.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Karlsson looked amazing. Rest of team was meh. Alfie was working hard but got no support.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If Ottawa wins, that moves them up to 7th and keeps Boston in 4th, so they end up facing the Habs in round 1, while Toronto faces the Bruins.

If Ottawa loses in OT or SO, that moves them up to 7th while Boston regains 2nd, leaving Ottawa to face them in the first round, while CBC rejoices with a Montreal-Toronto match up (or is it TSN for the early rounds?)

If Ottawa loses in regulation, they face the Penguins in round 1.

Facepalm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Karlsson looked amazing. Rest of team was meh. Alfie was working hard but got no support.

Karlsson screwed up *twice* on the first goal, and had several other similar moments. The guy's the best skater out there but you can see he's not 100% by a long shot. There were several times where the old Karlsson would have moved in to get to a loose puck before it exited the Flyer zone, but instead he hung back and switched to defensive mode.

I think we could have used Latendresse and Wiercioch tonight.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, so much for resting some vets:

Ottawa Senators ‏@NHL_Sens
Coach on tomorrow's lineup: We're going to play the best roster to help us win a game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, one consolation is that Boston just blew a 2-goal lead and ended up losing in OT. Against a team that had literally nothing to play for.

So they are not the formidable Bruins from earlier in the season.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Anderson tomorrow?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Anderson tomorrow?

Anderson wasn't terribly strong on the 2nd goal, and maybe he should've just frozen the puck on the 1st one instead of trying to pass it up to Karlsson in traffic. But I guess when your #1 center can't win half his draws you aren't as comfortable forcing a defensive end face off.

I wonder how good Karlsson could be on face offs. He could win it back and still be the first guy back to retrieve the puck. Or win it forward and go in for a breakaway.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'd go with Lehner, personally. Give Andy a quick break to regroup.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Maybe we are destined to face the Penguins, just as the B-Sens are facing the WBS Penguins. Pesky B-Sens managed to tie the game up but lost 3-2 in OT. Pengins take the series lead.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

a must MUST win tomorrow. I want to face the habs!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It doesn't really matter who we play IMO. I understand the sentiment to get away from the Pens, but other than that, I'd say we have a team absolutely built for the playoffs with great team D and great goaltending. Nevermind that the Crosby of defence came back for us right before. The issue is goalscoring, as in, can Karlsson help us score enough? Because right now, we're viciously good defensively, let's focus on some timely goalscoring and you really never know what can happen. We'll be tough.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:It doesn't really matter who we play IMO. I understand the sentiment to get away from the Pens, but other than that, I'd say we have a team absolutely built for the playoffs with great team D and great goaltending. Nevermind that the Crosby of defence came back for us right before. The issue is goalscoring, as in, can Karlsson help us score enough? Because right now, we're viciously good defensively, let's focus on some timely goalscoring and you really never know what can happen. We'll be tough.

They have like 10 rookies... how are they built for the playoffs at all? The Sens are in a lot of trouble, you can't just clip the switch... they are dead tired and if they do play Pitt, that series is done in 4, won't even be close.

Good goaltending and good D won't be enough to win in the playoffs. At some point they need to score goals.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum