GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick

+13
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
SensHulk
Hoags
sandysensfan
tim1_2
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
Ev
dennycrane
shabbs
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

76Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:17 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:They're leaving the door open for Lehner.

They clearly want to see 1 solid year from Lehner in the AHL where he makes the majority of starts and plays consistently well, this year has been a disaster.

Teams will be desperate for goaltending by the deadline.

They need to give Lehner a little more support down there because if they are expecting him to do more than he has this year in terms of numbers and wins... not gonna happen.

He needs to play a good 50 games in the AHL next year and he has to mature a little in terms of where to focus his competitive nature.

77Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:30 pm

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

Ben Blood and Fred Claesson will help, that's for sure. As will another year of development and off-season training for Gryba, Boro, and Wiercioch. Add in the forward talent of Prince, Stone, Pageau, and possibly Zib...
Next year's team should be much stronger than this year's

78Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:33 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

cash wrote:Ben Blood and Fred Claesson will help, that's for sure. As will another year of development and off-season training for Gryba, Boro, and Wiercioch. Add in the forward talent of Prince, Stone, Pageau, and possibly Zib...

It's tough for a team full of rookies to really do much in the AHL as well. You can add Wideman to that group as well. They need some vets who can do some damage and give the kids and extra push.

Is Claeson coming over as well?

79Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:48 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
cash wrote:Ben Blood and Fred Claesson will help, that's for sure. As will another year of development and off-season training for Gryba, Boro, and Wiercioch. Add in the forward talent of Prince, Stone, Pageau, and possibly Zib...

It's tough for a team full of rookies to really do much in the AHL as well. You can add Wideman to that group as well. They need some vets who can do some damage and give the kids and extra push.

He doesn't have a contract with Djurgården for next year and will decide at the end of this season whether or not he will go over. Apparently he is really open to going over right away.

80Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:48 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bishop will make $650K with Ottawa. Auld makes $1,000,000

81Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:49 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:On the roster limit: I believe that goes out the window after the trade deadline passes.
Incorrect. Teams are allowed a maximum of 4 call-ups (not including emergency call-ups) between now and the playoffs. The roster-max of 23 remains intact.

Huh. I could have sworn something funny happens here, like an expansion/lifting of the roster limit or the number of contracts limit. Something that gives teams heading to the playoffs more flexibility.

82Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:50 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Bishop will make $650K with Ottawa. Auld makes $1,000,000

Is that the new deal? Because he's old deal is for $600K this year... so says CapGeek, anyway.

83Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:53 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Bishop will make $650K with Ottawa. Auld makes $1,000,000

Is that the new deal? Because he's old deal is for $600K this year... so says CapGeek, anyway.

According to Mackenzie.

84Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:55 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

He doesn't have a contract with Djurgården for next year and will decide at the end of this season whether or not he will go over. Apparently he is really open to going over right away.

Best way to get into the NHL is by playing in the AHL.

85Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:59 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, he has not signed an extension yet but will as soon as he arrives in Ottawa...

Sens Reporter: Murray: We have agreement to be signed when he arrived.

86Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:03 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mendes: Murray on Lehner vs Bishop for back-up job next season: "Now we have competition. Performance will dicate who will be that person."

Beauty. Time to step it up boys. Show us what you got.

87Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:47 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Nice trade. Can't see anyway this turns out badly for Ottawa. Cant wait to see this big boy play a game as a Sen.

88Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:50 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dean Brown: Darren pang just let us know on team 1200 that ben bishop is closer to 6'8" now.

What the? That's huge.

89Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:55 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Why did Jurke allow us to make this deal? Does he already have a deal in place for Hank Lundqvist?

90Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:01 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ben Bishop talks to NHL.com:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=619088&cmpid=nhl-rxl-twt

91Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:03 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Why did Jurke allow us to make this deal? Does he already have a deal in place for Hank Lundqvist?

It's like Vancouver and Dan Cloutier all over again (without the postseason appearance).

92Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:35 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Why did Jurke allow us to make this deal? Does he already have a deal in place for Hank Lundqvist?

Not enough Testosterones

93Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick - Page 6 Empty Re: Ottawa acquires Ben Bishop for a pick Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:58 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Dean Brown: Darren pang just let us know on team 1200 that ben bishop is closer to 6'8" now.

What the? That's huge.

Yeah, but Panger sees the tape behind him at a huge angle. I can see how it looks like 6'8" to him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum