GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa acquires Mike Condon for a 5th

+5
Flo The Action
wprager
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Ottawa acquires Mike Condon for a 5th Empty Ottawa acquires Mike Condon for a 5th Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

...from Pittsburgh according to Bobby Mac.

Might as well make a new thread for a transaction, no matter how small.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll be curious to see the following:

1.what happens when Hammond comes back - do we ride one in the press box?

2.does this mean Andy's wife's cancer is more serious, in which case, are we running with Hammond/Condon for long stretches? (fear)

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I imagine they will carry all three. No room to send one down to the minors. This looks like an insurance policy if/when Anderson needs to be away. Worst case you move Hammond or Condon at the deadline.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not a terrible option given that Hammond is injured (and a bit of a question mark anyway) and Anderson's playing status could potentially change quickly as well. Condon makes $575K and is a UFA after this season, so it's as low-risk a move as you can get.

What it does signal is that the organization has very little confidence in the ability of O'Connor or Driedger at the NHL level...which is understandable.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Not a terrible option given that Hammond is injured (and a bit of a question mark anyway) and Anderson's playing status could potentially change quickly as well.  Condon makes $575K and is a UFA after this season, so it's as low-risk a move as you can get.

What it does signal is that the organization has very little confidence in the ability of O'Connor or Driedger at the NHL level...which is understandable.

You want them to get reps in the AHL.  Both are progressing nicely (Driedger moreso than OC).  Driedger could be a legit option for backup season after next, really like him.

Although...is he really small or is it just me?

EDIT: Diddle no, he's 6'4". He looked tiny the other night.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anderson is on loan from Nicholle because Hammond was injured. Once he has recovered Andy will be going back home.

So I think this move is more about Andy than our of about Hammond.

Driedger and O'Connor are fine, just need more time.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Urghhhh. Smells of desperation. Every jabs fan is laughing their asses off. He's the rebound king.
This ain't gonna end well.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Anderson is on loan from Nicholle because Hammond was injured. Once he has recovered Andy will be going back home.

Which is even more scary. Condon and Hammond duo likely means no playoffs.

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

Flo The Action wrote:Urghhhh. Smells of desperation. Every jabs fan is laughing their asses off. He's the rebound king.

You can't be serious. they traded for a backup goalie to come in every now and then when needed.

Are you serious? I can't believe you are.

10Ottawa acquires Mike Condon for a 5th Empty Re: Ottawa acquires Mike Condon for a 5th Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:12 pm

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:Anderson is on loan from Nicholle because Hammond was injured. Once he has recovered Andy will be going back home.

don't see that as being the case. They said they will carry three goalies. What does Anderson need to do at home?

11Ottawa acquires Mike Condon for a 5th Empty Re: Ottawa acquires Mike Condon for a 5th Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:25 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MarkStone wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Urghhhh. Smells of desperation. Every jabs fan is laughing their asses off. He's the rebound king.

You can't be serious. they traded for a backup goalie to come in every now and then when needed.

Are you serious? I can't believe you are.
Because he's a crappy goalie and that 5th could be better utilized? I seriously wonder if driedger wouldn't be better suited. How is trading for a crappy back up a good idea?

12Ottawa acquires Mike Condon for a 5th Empty Re: Ottawa acquires Mike Condon for a 5th Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:19 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I"m with Mark Stone. I think this move is insurance. Let's remember Bingo is without both their goalies. With no timetable for Hammond's return, and Anderson being in flux as well, this is a solid move.

13Ottawa acquires Mike Condon for a 5th Empty Re: Ottawa acquires Mike Condon for a 5th Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:57 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think this gives Anderson flexibility to take off for a coupe days here and there. Condon was pretty good the first time Price went down; beat Ottawa once and lost in OT another time. Then when Price went down for good the team folded. It wasn't all Condon's fault. The team was not scoring.

Anyhow, he is not here to replace Anderson but to give him flexibility. Will we go into some games With Hammond/Condon? Yeah, probably. Maybe by that time Boucher's system will be firmly entrenched and you won't need superhuman goaltending to win a game here and there.

14Ottawa acquires Mike Condon for a 5th Empty Re: Ottawa acquires Mike Condon for a 5th Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:59 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Before the season's over they may trade him for another 5th rounder, if not better.

15Ottawa acquires Mike Condon for a 5th Empty Re: Ottawa acquires Mike Condon for a 5th Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:39 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:...from Pittsburgh according to Bobby Mac.

Might as well make a new thread for a transaction, no matter how small.

Threadworthy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum