GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto acquires Brad May

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Toronto acquires Brad May Empty Toronto acquires Brad May Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

From Nick Kypreos on the Fan590 - for a conditional pick.

Yippee.

2Toronto acquires Brad May Empty Re: Toronto acquires Brad May Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:39 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I love the FAN and AM640 and the "National" sports media.

They get all schoolgirlish when they talk about Brian Burke and the flurry of big moves (which will all be WINS for the Leafs before they even happen) on the come.

3Toronto acquires Brad May Empty Re: Toronto acquires Brad May Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Conditional pick or not, did the Leafs need this guy?

4Toronto acquires Brad May Empty Re: Toronto acquires Brad May Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:47 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

me thinks not... but hey, let Burke do his 'magic' and completely bury this team... LOL

5Toronto acquires Brad May Empty Re: Toronto acquires Brad May Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:47 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:Conditional pick or not, did the Leafs need this guy?

Sure they did. Brian Burke is a genius and also my hero.

Sincerely,

Darren Dreger, Bill Watters, Nick Kypreos, James Duthie...

6Toronto acquires Brad May Empty Re: Toronto acquires Brad May Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:31 pm

What's the Over / Under on how long after July 1, Bertuzzi signs with the Leafs.

I say July 1st, at 12:30pm.

7Toronto acquires Brad May Empty Re: Toronto acquires Brad May Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:What's the Over / Under on how long after July 1, Bertuzzi signs with the Leafs.

I say July 1st, at 12:30pm.

12:02 for me. Burke has such an amazing fetish for Big Bert. 4.5 million dollars. Pfft. That's why you don't mix business with pleasure. Smile

8Toronto acquires Brad May Empty Re: Toronto acquires Brad May Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:37 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Trading for May? At least it's only for a conditional 6th and low salary on the last year of his deal.

If it doesn't improve the team they're looking at a lost pick. If it does improve the team it wouldn't be by much and the leafs are going for the "barely missed the playoffs" spot for the 4th straight year. They won't be drafting one of those top 8 guys if they end up finishing 9th or something.

Here's hoping, for them, that they make it or just tank. At least the Sens games have been somewhat entertaining while maintaining that high draft spot.

9Toronto acquires Brad May Empty Re: Toronto acquires Brad May Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:51 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Plan the parade...

10Toronto acquires Brad May Empty Re: Toronto acquires Brad May Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:54 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Burke was jealous of Ruutu hogging all the spotlight with the biting incident.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum