GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC

+4
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Empty Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:37 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I just saw this in the Sun today and hopefully this clears things up for everyone. Obviously it sounds like he's virtually untouchable anyway but for those *cough* SSF *cough* holding out hope the light just got a little bit brighter

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2011/02/03/17147261.html

Under the terms of his deal, he had until the end of the last season’s Stanley Cup final to provide the Senators with a 10-team no-trade list, but it was never submitted.

Fisher’s contract clause

Following is the exact wording in Mike Fisher’s contract that explains how his no-movement clause worked and when it expired:

The Club shall not trade the Player until the completion of the 2010 Stanley Cup finals. Commencing on the day immediately following the 2010 Stanley Cup finals (the “2010 Stanley Cup Finals Date”), the Club may trade the Player. Not withstanding the foregoing, on or before the 2010 Stanley Cup Finals Date, the Player shall be permitted to provide the Club with a list of ten (10) NHL member clubs to which he shall not be traded (the “no trade list”) and the Club agrees that it shall not trade the player to any NHL Club on the no trade list.

In the event that the no trade list is not so timely provided, the Club shall be permitted to trade the Player to any NHL member club in its sole discretion.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So, in other words, his No-Trade Clause expired last June, and since he did not provide his no-trade list of 10 NHL clubs, the Senators are free to trade him anywhere they wish.

Carrie, have I ever told you about Edmonton? They are just starving for star-appeal out there and you'll be just fine. They love their country music there, too, you'll just have to adjust some lyrics to include the words snow, ice, cold, dang-cold (well, you get the picture).

On the bright side, you're still smarter than Kellie Pickler, and that gap will increase as you learn about things like snow tires and thermal underwear.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Interesting...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Interesting...

Like a FOX!!!

5Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:14 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It certainly helps clear things up because just flat out saying he doesn't have a NMC/NTC is false. The clause is in his contract and remains there it just wasn't acted on so the team has no contractual obligations when it comes to trading Fisher.

6Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:16 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:It certainly helps clear things up because just flat out saying he doesn't have a NMC/NTC is false. The clause is in his contract and remains there it just wasn't acted on so the team has no contractual obligations when it comes to trading Fisher.

I think anyone who was challenging that fact were just doing so on the basis of wishful thinking that their hero couldn't be traded. I guess they can keep hanging their hat on "he just built a house?" Laugh1

7Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:37 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:It certainly helps clear things up because just flat out saying he doesn't have a NMC/NTC is false. The clause is in his contract and remains there it just wasn't acted on so the team has no contractual obligations when it comes to trading Fisher.

I think anyone who was challenging that fact were just doing so on the basis of wishful thinking that their hero couldn't be traded. I guess they can keep hanging their hat on "he just built a house?" Laugh1

NMC/NTC or not he's been all but given the untouchable label by management though so those that think he will be traded are basing it on wishful thinking. Sarcasm

8Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:39 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fisher has a DNMC. De-facto No Movement Clause.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Good thread idea. I tried to sum up some things about Fisher's contract about two weeks ago as a lot of misinformation was floating around.

Having the details in one thread should keep things clarified.

10Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:18 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:So, in other words, his No-Trade Clause expired last June, and since he did not provide his no-trade list of 10 NHL clubs, the Senators are free to trade him anywhere they wish.

That is not my understanding of his contract.

Although I don't have it in front of me, I was under the impression that it worked a little differently.

I thought Fisher didn't need to submit his list of 10 teams until he was asked to do so which in turn means Fisher is actively being pursued or shopped.

I know as of January 28th, he has not been asked to submit.

11Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:33 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:
wprager wrote:So, in other words, his No-Trade Clause expired last June, and since he did not provide his no-trade list of 10 NHL clubs, the Senators are free to trade him anywhere they wish.

Although I don't have it in front of me, I was under the impression that it worked a little differently.

I thought Fisher didn't need to submit his list of 10 teams until he was asked to do so which in turn means Fisher is actively being pursued or shopped.

This is the part of the article that speaks to your post, Roche:
Not withstanding the foregoing, on or before the 2010 Stanley Cup Finals Date, the Player shall be permitted to provide the Club with a list of ten (10) NHL member clubs to which he shall not be traded (the “no trade list”) and the Club agrees that it shall not trade the player to any NHL Club on the no trade list.

In the event that the no trade list is not so timely provided, the Club shall be permitted to trade the Player to any NHL member club in its sole discretion.

EDIT: If (big "if") that's accurate, there is no contractual reason why the Sens can't shop and trade at will. Additionally, this would support Murray's comments that Fisher doesn't have a NMC.

12Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:39 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Not withstanding the foregoing, on or before the 2010 Stanley Cup Finals Date, the Player shall be permitted to provide the Club with a list of ten (10) NHL member clubs to which he shall not be traded (the “no trade list”) and the Club agrees that it shall not trade the player to any NHL Club on the no trade list.

Thank you. It is not really detailed enough IMO.

Once, and if Fisher is asked to submit his list of 10 teams, he has a certain grace period to do so. I think that is the timeline they are suggesting in the portion I bolded above.

To my knowledge, as of January 28th, Fisher has not been asked to submit a list so as Wprager tried to state earlier, I still disagree with his view of Fisher's contract status when it comes to his current NTC.

13Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:43 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:
spader wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Thank you. It is not really detailed enough IMO.

Once, and if Fisher is asked to submit his list of 10 teams, he has a certain grace period to do so. I think that is the timeline they are suggesting in the portion I bolded above.

To my knowledge, as of January 28th, Fisher has not been asked to submit a list so as Wprager tried to state earlier, I still disagree with his view of Fisher's contract status when it comes to his current NTC.

The part that I bolded sounds like an excerpt from his contract. If so, then the team doesn't have to request a list. By not submitting a list within 10 days of the final buzzer in the SCF, he effectively waives his NTC.

Like I said in my edit above, this seems to fit BM's comments.

14Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:50 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Excellent.....this should almost certainly mean that the fish will be gone

15Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:59 pm

Michallica wrote:Excellent.....this should almost certainly mean that the fish will be gone

Nice avatar. Chara and Alfie from the lockout season when Chara played for Farjestads and Alfie captained (and won the title with Henrik Lundqvist as the goaltender) Frolunda.

I win. Again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum