GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread

+8
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Sens19
SensFan71
The Silfer Server
beerandsens
shabbs
wprager
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Empty Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:34 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just read about Mike Fisher's trip to El Salvador to see first-hand the poverty, shoot an ad for World Vision (watch the A-Channel starting July 20) and spend two days working with the poor.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Mike+Fisher+sees+poverty+first+hand/1795333/story.html

In this day and age of athletes abusing all kinds of drugs, holding out for more money, getting arrested for drug dealing (reportedly for child-support of at least 9 kids born to 9 different mothers), retired athletes being shot by their *20-year-old* girlfriend and so on, here's a guy that's kept his head in the right place.

Mike, I may complain about wanting you on the wing, but I salute you.

Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Elgin8446

2Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:50 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Fish is 100% class all the way. It is refreshing to see there are good guys still out there.

3Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:20 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

I'll never forget his blocked-shot-turned-breakaway goal against Philly in the playoffs. Let's hope we get that version of Fisher this season, he's a beauty! Rockon

4Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:52 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here's one of my favorite pictures of Mike:
Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread 2581_54702179670_631999670_1487670_3411668_n

5Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:39 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Damn! El Salvador is a really dangerous country too!! The most dangerous Spanish gangs in LA started off down there, they are called MS13. It's also the country where my mom is from. She has a cousin that was kidnapped, twice. Not one of the first places I would choose to go.

6Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:21 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Just read about Mike Fisher's trip to El Salvador to see first-hand the poverty, shoot an ad for World Vision (watch the A-Channel starting July 20) and spend two days working with the poor.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Mike+Fisher+sees+poverty+first+hand/1795333/story.html

In this day and age of athletes abusing all kinds of drugs, holding out for more money, getting arrested for drug dealing (reportedly for child-support of at least 9 kids born to 9 different mothers), retired athletes being shot by their *20-year-old* girlfriend and so on, here's a guy that's kept his head in the right place.

Mike, I may complain about wanting you on the wing, but I salute you.

Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Elgin8446

ah little Elgin, what a little treasure he was while he was with us, thank you Mike for having a big heart and bringing Elgin's story to us.

7Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here's a pic of Mike in El Salvador:
Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread ElSal1

8Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:26 pm

wprager wrote:Here's a pic of Mike in El Salvador:
Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread ElSal1

He probably has trouble scoring more than 20 goals against that family too!

Bahaha just kidding Mike! It's nice to see a celebrity doing some real charity work instead of just stroking a cheque.

9Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:50 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

Sometimes the good things are overshadowed by all the other hype. Fisher is a great guy and has brought nothing but class and character to our team.

Btw Zoolander I love your Die Heatley sig :^^^^:

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

10Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:04 pm

Sens19 wrote:Sometimes the good things are overshadowed by all the other hype. Fisher is a great guy and has brought nothing but class and character to our team.

Hah Thanks.

Your point about Fisher is valid. He's just a tad overpaid. If he made $2 million less, I'd say he's one of the NHL's best value contracts.

11Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:01 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not only is this guy a class individual all the way, I see good things for a guy that works that hard at what he does.

I think we'll see a good year from him - and we all know he cares about the less fortunate.

12Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:46 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Not only is this guy a class individual all the way, I see good things for a guy that works that hard at what he does.

I think we'll see a good year from him - and we all know he cares about the less fortunate.

"Good in the community" got Redden 6.5 million bucks. By my estimation, Fisher got stiffed.

13Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:40 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

If you look at pure on-ice production/performance, then he is certainly overpaid. However, I'd be surprised if this was the whole story.

You have to accept that some of the salary was for off-ice persona and image. He is one of the fan favourites, and for the female fans, there is certainly the "eye-candy" aspect also. I know that in my wife's case, he certainly helped her become more of a Senators fan.

He also represents a known "undoubtably clean" player, alongside of Alfie. Given the recent events and rumors, his presence as a leader may be necessary for the fans as much as the team itself.

I'd suspect that he'll be here for a long time, and the Senators will only be better for it.

14Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:30 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

Zoolander wrote:
Sens19 wrote:Sometimes the good things are overshadowed by all the other hype. Fisher is a great guy and has brought nothing but class and character to our team.

Hah Thanks.

Your point about Fisher is valid. He's just a tad overpaid. If he made $2 million less, I'd say he's one of the NHL's best value contracts.

I agree that based on his on ice production he may be overpaid but he's the type of players that I'll never feel bad/pissed off for overpaying. The image he brings to the team alone is worth an extra $1 million. :n:

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

15Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Mike Fisher Appreciation Thread Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:35 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

This is an article about fishers hockey camp

http://senators.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=457815

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum