GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC

+4
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:43 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

CockRoche wrote:
spader wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
wprager wrote:So, in other words, his No-Trade Clause expired last June, and since he did not provide his no-trade list of 10 NHL clubs, the Senators are free to trade him anywhere they wish.

That is not my understanding of his contract.

Although I don't have it in front of me, I was under the impression that it worked a little differently.

I thought Fisher didn't need to submit his list of 10 teams until he was asked to do so which in turn means Fisher is actively being pursued or shopped.

I know as of January 28th, he has not been asked to submit.

This is the part of the article that speaks to your post, Roche:
Not withstanding the foregoing, on or before the 2010 Stanley Cup Finals Date, the Player shall be permitted to provide the Club with a list of ten (10) NHL member clubs to which he shall not be traded (the “no trade list”) and the Club agrees that it shall not trade the player to any NHL Club on the no trade list.

In the event that the no trade list is not so timely provided, the Club shall be permitted to trade the Player to any NHL member club in its sole discretion.

Thank you. It is not really detailed enough IMO.

Once, and if Fisher is asked to submit his list of 10 teams, he has a certain grace period to do so. I think that is the timeline they are suggesting in the portion I bolded above.

To my knowledge, as of January 28th, Fisher has not been asked to submit a list so as Wprager tried to state earlier, I still disagree with his view of Fisher's contract status when it comes to his current NTC.

The part that I bolded sounds like an excerpt from his contract. If so, then the team doesn't have to request a list. By not submitting a list within 10 days of the final buzzer in the SCF, he effectively waives his NTC.

Like I said in my edit above, this seems to fit BM's comments.

17Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:50 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Excellent.....this should almost certainly mean that the fish will be gone

18Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:59 pm

Michallica wrote:Excellent.....this should almost certainly mean that the fish will be gone

Nice avatar. Chara and Alfie from the lockout season when Chara played for Farjestads and Alfie captained (and won the title with Henrik Lundqvist as the goaltender) Frolunda.

I win. Again.

19Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:02 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
Michallica wrote:Excellent.....this should almost certainly mean that the fish will be gone

Nice avatar. Chara and Alfie from the lockout season when Chara played for Farjestads and Alfie captained (and won the title with Henrik Lundqvist as the goaltender) Frolunda.

I win. Again.
NotWorthy

20Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:04 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
spader wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
wprager wrote:So, in other words, his No-Trade Clause expired last June, and since he did not provide his no-trade list of 10 NHL clubs, the Senators are free to trade him anywhere they wish.

Although I don't have it in front of me, I was under the impression that it worked a little differently.

I thought Fisher didn't need to submit his list of 10 teams until he was asked to do so which in turn means Fisher is actively being pursued or shopped.

Not withstanding the foregoing, on or before the 2010 Stanley Cup Finals Date, the Player shall be permitted to provide the Club with a list of ten (10) NHL member clubs to which he shall not be traded (the “no trade list”) and the Club agrees that it shall not trade the player to any NHL Club on the no trade list.

In the event that the no trade list is not so timely provided, the Club shall be permitted to trade the Player to any NHL member club in its sole discretion.

Once, and if Fisher is asked to submit his list of 10 teams, he has a certain grace period to do so. I think that is the timeline they are suggesting in the portion I bolded above.

To my knowledge, as of January 28th, Fisher has not been asked to submit a list so as Wprager tried to state earlier, I still disagree with his view of Fisher's contract status when it comes to his current NTC.

The part that I bolded sounds like an excerpt from his contract. If so, then the team doesn't have to request a list. By not submitting a list within 10 days of the final buzzer in the SCF, he effectively waives his NTC.

As stubborn as I am, I am sticking to my guns.

I will try to get to the bottom of it though. I have never seen a contract with words like that; that isn't the usual format for spelling out the specifics of certain clauses.

21Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:17 pm

CockRoche wrote:
spader wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
spader wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

I will try to get to the bottom of it though. I have never seen a contract with words like that; that isn't the usual format for spelling out the specifics of certain clauses.

Sounds like typical contract-ese to me, but then again, I don't look at too many NHL contracts. I'm curious as to how it might be worded then. Do tell, please.

22Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:29 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:

I win. Again.

Ur ruining it for the rest of them! Dammit!

23Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:37 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
spader wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
spader wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Sounds like typical contract-ese to me, but then again, I don't look at too many NHL contracts. I'm curious as to how it might be worded then. Do tell, please.

Lots of things.

The details are not as generalized; actual dates are usually given. If a date isn't known, for example, when Finals will be played; they usually pick an actual firm calendar day.

Another thing that I find strange is the 10 day before the Stanley Cup Finals deadline timeline. No player would agree to that, as they would have other things to focus on if they were to be involved in the Finals.

There is more but, meh.

PM your email address and next time I am by a scanner I will email you a Standard Player Contract, if you want.

24Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:37 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
hemlock wrote:

I win. Again.

Haha. I (obviously) recognized Chara, but didn't notice that that was Alfie till he commented.

25Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:48 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Haha yeah real tough to miss a tall behemoth like chara.....I miss him Crying

26Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:37 pm

CockRoche wrote:
hemlock wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
spader wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
spader wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Lots of things.

The details are not as generalized; actual dates are usually given. If a date isn't known, for example, when Finals will be played; they usually pick an actual firm calendar day.

Another thing that I find strange is the 10 day before the Stanley Cup Finals deadline timeline. No player would agree to that, as they would have other things to focus on if they were to be involved in the Finals.

There is more but, meh.

PM your email address and next time I am by a scanner I will email you a Standard Player Contract, if you want.

Will do. Thanks!

27Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:37 pm

Michallica wrote:
hemlock wrote:

I win. Again.

I was a mile behind on the Havlat one. So that one really doesn't count. :x

28Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:02 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

CockRoche wrote:

Lots of things.

There is more but, meh.

So is it your contention that this is not, in fact, an excerpt of Fisher's contract?

29Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:42 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2011/02/03/17147261.html

The OP is confirmed:

While there has been confusion as to whether the popular centre has a no-movement clause in his contract, the Ottawa Sun has confirmed the Senators are free to trade him anywhere before the Feb. 28 deadline.

30Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:21 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2011/02/03/17147261.html

The OP is confirmed:

While there has been confusion as to whether the popular centre has a no-movement clause in his contract, the Ottawa Sun has confirmed the Senators are free to trade him anywhere before the Feb. 28 deadline.

Intriguing. Eyebrow

31Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:18 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

TheAvatar wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Lots of things.

There is more but, meh.

So is it your contention that this is not, in fact, an excerpt of Fisher's contract?

All I was saying is that Wprager's view on Fisher's contract, was not the same as my understanding of it.

I am also suggesting that the quotes earlier don't seem like cut and paste's from Fisher's actual contract.

I will get clarification in due time.

32Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:47 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I actually don't have a view. I just read the quote in the original post, which really was not ambiguous in any way.

Now, having heard what you said, going back and re-reading that alleged excerpt, I agree that the wording is very strange for a legal document.

By the way, Roche, I think you mis-read the details. There is nothing there about 10-days, only 10-teams. It says "on or before the 2010 Stanley Cup Finals Date, the Player shall be permitted to provide the Club with a list..." The list can be submitted any time before the Finals. It could be July, so I don't think the point about a player having other things on his mind is that strong. The lack of a date (to say nothing of that fact that The Finals is a best-of-seven series, and not a single day) and time is very strange.

33Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:10 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I actually don't have a view. I just read the quote in the original post, which really was not ambiguous in any way.

Now, having heard what you said, going back and re-reading that alleged excerpt, I agree that the wording is very strange for a legal document.

By the way, Roche, I think you mis-read the details. There is nothing there about 10-days, only 10-teams. It says "on or before the 2010 Stanley Cup Finals Date, the Player shall be permitted to provide the Club with a list..." The list can be submitted any time before the Finals. It could be July, so I don't think the point about a player having other things on his mind is that strong. The lack of a date (to say nothing of that fact that The Finals is a best-of-seven series, and not a single day) and time is very strange.

I think the 10 days part came from my post. I'm not sure where I got that from, but had come across it before this thread was created. I can't remember if it was another thread, Chirp, or The Sun.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum