GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC

+4
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 3 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:18 pm

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

TheAvatar wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Lots of things.

The details are not as generalized; actual dates are usually given. If a date isn't known, for example, when Finals will be played; they usually pick an actual firm calendar day.

Another thing that I find strange is the 10 day before the Stanley Cup Finals deadline timeline. No player would agree to that, as they would have other things to focus on if they were to be involved in the Finals.

There is more but, meh.

PM your email address and next time I am by a scanner I will email you a Standard Player Contract, if you want.

So is it your contention that this is not, in fact, an excerpt of Fisher's contract?

All I was saying is that Wprager's view on Fisher's contract, was not the same as my understanding of it.

I am also suggesting that the quotes earlier don't seem like cut and paste's from Fisher's actual contract.

I will get clarification in due time.

32Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 3 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:47 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I actually don't have a view. I just read the quote in the original post, which really was not ambiguous in any way.

Now, having heard what you said, going back and re-reading that alleged excerpt, I agree that the wording is very strange for a legal document.

By the way, Roche, I think you mis-read the details. There is nothing there about 10-days, only 10-teams. It says "on or before the 2010 Stanley Cup Finals Date, the Player shall be permitted to provide the Club with a list..." The list can be submitted any time before the Finals. It could be July, so I don't think the point about a player having other things on his mind is that strong. The lack of a date (to say nothing of that fact that The Finals is a best-of-seven series, and not a single day) and time is very strange.

33Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 3 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:10 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I actually don't have a view. I just read the quote in the original post, which really was not ambiguous in any way.

Now, having heard what you said, going back and re-reading that alleged excerpt, I agree that the wording is very strange for a legal document.

By the way, Roche, I think you mis-read the details. There is nothing there about 10-days, only 10-teams. It says "on or before the 2010 Stanley Cup Finals Date, the Player shall be permitted to provide the Club with a list..." The list can be submitted any time before the Finals. It could be July, so I don't think the point about a player having other things on his mind is that strong. The lack of a date (to say nothing of that fact that The Finals is a best-of-seven series, and not a single day) and time is very strange.

I think the 10 days part came from my post. I'm not sure where I got that from, but had come across it before this thread was created. I can't remember if it was another thread, Chirp, or The Sun.

34Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 3 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:56 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:[1]I actually don't have a view. I just read the quote in the original post, which really was not ambiguous in any way.

[2]Now, having heard what you said, going back and re-reading that alleged excerpt, I agree that the wording is very strange for a legal document.

[3]By the way, Roche, I think you mis-read the details. There is nothing there about 10-days, only 10-teams. It says "on or before the 2010 Stanley Cup Finals Date, the Player shall be permitted to provide the Club with a list..." The list can be submitted any time before the Finals. It could be July, so I don't think the point about a player having other things on his mind is that strong. The lack of a date (to say nothing of that fact that The Finals is a best-of-seven series, and not a single day) and time is very strange.

[1]Yeah, I wasn't picking on you, just acknowledging your post and giving my thoughts on it. That is where I came into this conversation.

[2]I will get to the bottom of it, but no way does that look like a copy and paste from his contract IMO. That is not how they are written and that is all I am saying. My understanding of his contract and trade clauses are different from your initial interpretation and the Ottawa Suns as well.

[3]Yeah, I started combining other peoples opinion into one of my posts. Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that that was fact, the 10 day thing. Just that I don't think that is the case. Even if it was the end of the Stanley Cup Finals, I don't think that is a date players would focus on coming up with a list of 10 teams they don't want to be traded to. They have more important things on their mind at that time.

In due time, I will have all the answers for you; the truth if you will. For now, I don't have the same views as the Sun when it comes to Fisher's contract.

35Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 3 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:57 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:I actually don't have a view. I just read the quote in the original post, which really was not ambiguous in any way.

I think the 10 days part came from my post. I'm not sure where I got that from, but had come across it before this thread was created. I can't remember if it was another thread, Chirp, or The Sun.

Haha, thanks for that. I will get the correct info sooner or later for you.

36Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 3 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:13 am

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Fisher can indeed be moved anywhere and has no veto power whatsoever.

I was wrong in thinking that he can still submit a list of 10 teams that he does not want to be traded to.

SeawaySensFan rejoice.

37Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 3 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:29 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CockRoche wrote:Fisher can indeed be moved anywhere and has no veto power whatsoever.

I was wrong in thinking that he can still submit a list of 10 teams that he does not want to be traded to.

SeawaySensFan rejoice.

This is a glorious day.

38Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 3 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:25 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
CockRoche wrote:Fisher can indeed be moved anywhere and has no veto power whatsoever.

SeawaySensFan rejoice.

This is a glorious day.

They have the option to trade him, doesn't mean they will, big guy Smile

39Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 3 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:29 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

SeawaySensFan rejoice.

This is a glorious day.

Obviously they won't. Would be too much of a good move.

40Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 3 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:39 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

SeawaySensFan rejoice.

This is a glorious day.

Obviously they won't. Would be too much of a good move.

He's too handsome to move.

41Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC - Page 3 Empty Re: Mike Fisher - Clarification on his NMC Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The dreaded THTMC.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum