GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Washington @ Ottawa, 7:00PM, Wednesday, February 22, 2012

+14
sens4win
rooneypoo
spader
KidKarlsson
Ev
NEELY
SensHulk
wprager
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Vokoun's numbers astounded me last night as I hadn't been paying attention. .920, 2.45? Damn...the Caps can't score anymore, everything has gone to Dung there.

Reimer + what? Smile

They remind me of the Sens did when Hartsburg was coach.

Very true. I was thinking yesterday how good they'd be with MacLean as their coach.

MacLean is not Jesus. I think he's a real good coach and will actually even get better as time goes on but this team was being run by Mighty Mike Fisher and once he was gone, the team was better overnight. Fact. Beer

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Vokoun's numbers astounded me last night as I hadn't been paying attention. .920, 2.45? Damn...the Caps can't score anymore, everything has gone to Dung there.

Reimer + what? Smile

Very true. I was thinking yesterday how good they'd be with MacLean as their coach.

MacLean is not Jesus. I think he's a real good coach and will actually even get better as time goes on but this team was being run by Mighty Mike Fisher and once he was gone, the team was better overnight. Fact. Beer

No, but he can push the right buttons and allows for an offensive, Detroit puck possession type game that would have benefited the Caps in a huge way.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Reimer + what? Smile

No, but he can push the right buttons and allows for an offensive, Detroit puck possession type game that would have benefited the Caps in a huge way.

Not with OV running the whole show he couldn't.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Reimer + what? Smile

Not with OV running the whole show he couldn't.

You know...you might be right there.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

MacLean isn't a god coach but he's exactly what the Sens needed and Hunter is NOT what the Caps needed. They went from an aggressive style of hockey under Bruce to the trap and that's why it reminds me of Hartsburg as that's what the Sens did when they hired him and this team utterly fell apart much like the Caps are. They are worse this year under Hunter then they were under Boudreau.

Making Ovechkin captain was a huge mistake as well, he's not captain material at all. While your team is struggling to make the playoffs and your captain is off making Russian rap videos what kind of message does that send to the rest of the team ?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, agreed. Ovie is not captain material. Also, just because someone is a "good" coach, doesn't make them a good fit for a certain team.

I dunno where the Caps go from here, as it's hard to imagine too much changing with Ovie in town. Perhaps a new coach with a different style will improve things.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

They should be building that team around Backstrom as he is the best player on that team and IMO, it's not even close.

Best thing they could do is send Ovechkin out west for Bobby Ryan and a little something else... they need to get rid of him in such a big way it's scary. It's a matter of time before jersey sales go down, the media attention stops, and the caps are a team that flounders around the 7th-10th spot anually.

Cut bait before it's way too late.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:They should be building that team around Backstrom as he is the best player on that team and IMO, it's not even close.

Best thing they could do is send Ovechkin out west for Bobby Ryan and a little something else... they need to get rid of him in such a big way it's scary. It's a matter of time before jersey sales go down, the media attention stops, and the caps are a team that flounders around the 7th-10th spot anually.

Cut bait before it's way too late.

Great 8 to 8awa? Stay tuned.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Anyone that takes on Ovi is taking on a "hasbeen". I use the term lightly because he is probably still a legit 35-40 goal guy anually but he's not 65 goal Ovechkin or a league MVP candidate anually.

Ovechkin is resting on what he has done in the past, his career may very well go the way of Heatley.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I can't imagine anyone taking Ovechkin nor do I think Leonsis and McPhee have the balls to trade OV, even though I think that's the right move to make.

NEELY wrote:
Ovechkin is resting on what he has done in the past, his career may very well go the way of Heatley.

Yeah he's looking more and more like Heatley. Probably doesn't work much either which explains the sudden injury problems and decline in speed.

KidKarlsson

KidKarlsson
Rookie
Rookie

The money went right to Ovechkin's head.. its sad but it seems he thinks he is bigger than the game now. Maybe he should just head back to Russia and work on his rap career

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Biggest problem is that Ovechkin has a contract for his past outstanding numbers which he'll probably never hit again.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There's something badly wrong with OV, now I think everyone's curious.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Broken room. Ego's and what not. We've been there. It happens.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Now Roman Hamrlik questions Dale Hunter publically (about him being a healthy scratch).

http://www.csnwashington.com/blog/capitals-talk/post/Hamrlik-questions-Hunter?blockID=656610

Anytime your players publically question the coach for whatever reason, I'd say there's something wrong with the "communication" in the room.

I think we've seen in the past year here.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Until the drain out the poison in Washington then there is no where to go but down. Hunter is the new Hartsburg, a guy that is coming into a no win situation.

They are so much like the Sens of 2008/09 it isn't funny.

Riding themselves of Semin is the start, next is building around Backstrom and not Ovechkin. Take the C away from him and let him play hockey.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Until the drain out the poison in Washington then there is no where to go but down. Hunter is the new Hartsburg, a guy that is coming into a no win situation.

Riding themselves of Semin is the start, next is building around Backstrom and not Ovechkin. Take the C away from him and let him play hockey.

Give the "C" to The Hammer!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:Until the drain out the poison in Washington then there is no where to go but down. Hunter is the new Hartsburg, a guy that is coming into a no win situation.

Give the "C" to The Hammer!!!
Laich should be wearing the Cussing "C" in that donkey rodeo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum