GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Edmonton @ Ottawa, 2PM, Saturday, February 11, 2012

+5
shabbs
Ev
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

GAME DAY: Edmonton @ Ottawa, 2PM, Saturday, February 11, 2012 Large VS GAME DAY: Edmonton @ Ottawa, 2PM, Saturday, February 11, 2012 Large
Who: Edmonton Oilers @ Ottawa Senators
When: Saturday, February 11, 2012 @ 20PM
Where: CBC

The Story:

In the second and final meeting between these two in the season, the Senators host the Oilers in this Hockey Day in Canada matinee. The Senators took game 1 on the road in Edmonton, winning 5-2 on November 17th. Milan Michalek and Jason Spezza each recorded two points, while Anton Lander and Ryan Jones scored the only Oilers goals.

Ottawa (28-22-7)

The Senators finally snapped a 7 game losing skid with a 4-3 win over Nashville on Chris Phillips 1000th NHL game celebration, in which he also scored 2 goals. Ottawa sits 2nd in Northeast division and 7th in the Eastern conference with 63 pts in 57 games.

Team Leaders:

Goals: Milan Michalek [23]
Assists: Erik Karlsson [40]
PIMs: Zenon Kenopka [168]
+/-: Flip Kuba/Erik Condra [11]

Players-to-Watch:

Kyle Turris has seen the Oilers 6 times in his career, all as a member of the Phoenix Coyotes, in which he has tallied 4 points (1G, 3A).

Starting Line-up:

Milan Michalek - Jason Spezza - Bobby Butler
Colin Greening - Kyle Turris - Daniel Alfredsson
Kaspars Daugavins - Zack Smith - Erik Condra
Nick Foligno - Jim O'Brien - Chris Neil

Filip Kuba - Erik Karlsson
Jared Cowen - Sergei Gonchar
Chris Phillips - Brian Lee

Craig Anderson

Injuries:

Peter Regin
Jesse Winchester

Oilers (21-28-5)

Edmonton is on a 2 game losing streak, coming off of a 4-2 road loss to the Red Wings. The Oilers sit 5th in Northwest division and 14th in the Western conference.

Team Leaders:

Goals: Jordan Eberle [24]
Assists: Jordan Eberle [30]
PIMs: Ben Eager [79]
+/-: Jordan Eberle [4]

Players-to-Watch:

Jordan Eberle leads the Oilers in nearly all major statistical categories, plus/minus, goals, assists and points.

Starting Line-up:

Taylor Hall - Sam Gagner - Jordan Eberle
Ryan Smyth - Shawn Horcoff - Ales Hemsky
Magnus Paajarvi - Eric Belanger - Ryan Jones
Ben Eager - Anton Lander - Lennart Petrell

Ryan Whitney - Corey Potter
Ladislav Smid - Jeff Petry
Andy Sutton - Tom Gilbert

Nikolai Khabibulin

Injuries:

Theo Peckham
Taylor Fedun

Last edited by Riprock on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:10 am; edited 6 times in total

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I am editing, so I know that the info is not correct, but I wanted to get a GDT up since there wasn't, and didn't want to wate anyone's time by working on it then posting to find out one already got up.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

In true wprager form, he doesn't bother to notice this was posted and posts his own. Laugh1 Laughing3

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:In true wprager form, he doesn't bother to notice this was posted and posts his own. Laugh1 Laughing3

What are you talking about? Sarcasm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:In true wprager form, he doesn't bother to notice this was posted and posts his own. Laugh1 Laughing3

What are you talking about? Sarcasm

Coffee!

Laugh1 Laughing3

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I was 6 minutes ahead of you in posting this thread, but I posted and then edited while you posted after editing Wink

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dung son, the Sens dads trip is coming up?!?!?!?!??! Chalk up another winning streak.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:Dung son, the Sens dads trip is coming up?!?!?!?!??! Chalk up another winning streak.

I would enjoy that very much. Even though it could derail the rebuild.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GO SENS GO!!! Let's do this!!!!

No beers today... gotta head into work later today for a weekend production deployment. Wheee....

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Riprock wrote:I was 6 minutes ahead of you in posting this thread, but I posted and then edited while you posted after editing Wink

First, you cannot prove any of this because there is not second thread.

Second, your 2nd post (saying how you are editing the first post) was posted 1 minute before my alleged-but-completed thread.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:GO SENS GO!!! Let's do this!!!!

No beers today... gotta head into work later today for a weekend production deployment. Wheee....

That's no excuse. Beer

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not to get all serious or anything, but exactly what did you mean by"in true wprager form"?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Nice ceremony for Philly

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Alfie makes in 1-0 on a nice pass from Karlsson

Riprock

Riprock