GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: St. Louis @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, February 7, 2012

+15
Bramlet07
sandysensfan
Ev
wprager
Hoags
SensHulk
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
dennycrane
Riprock
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 10]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

GAME DAY: St. Louis @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, February 7, 2012

GAME DAY:  St. Louis @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, February 7, 2012 LargeGAME DAY:  St. Louis @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, February 7, 2012 AtGAME DAY:  St. Louis @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Tuesday, February 7, 2012 Large

Coverage:
TV: FS-MW, SNET-E
Radio: Team1200
Internet: http://livetv.ru/en

Ottawa continues it's home stand against an extremely tough opponent in the St. Louis Blues tonight. The Sens continued their slide vs. the hated Leafs last game out and if you're a stats guy maybe you can cling to the fact that the Blues are a mere 8-11-3 on the road.

If the Sens can get back to what made them successful in late December and well into January they should be fine here on out and they'll be a tough first opponent come play-off time. Here's hoping tonight is the beginning of that turn around.

Ottawa (27-21-7)
Goals leader: Milan Michalek (23)
Assists leader: Erik Karlsson (40)
Points leader: Jason Spezza (50)

St. Louis (30-14-7)
Goals leader: David Backes (16)
Assists leader: David Backes (21)
Points leader: David Backes (37)

NHL Game Day Preview: http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2011020791&navid=sb:preview

TSN Ice Chips for Ottawa: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/?hubname=nhl-senators

TSN Ice Chips for NY Isles: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/?hubname=nhl-blues

:rp:

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Monster game, no half way about it tonight. Elliott back in Ottawa... will we see Alex Auld go for the Sens?

6 losses in a row... something's gotta give... and it gives tonight... cue the winning streak!!!

GO SENS GO!!!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

This one has all the makings for a Sens loss. Elliott vs. The Sens = retribution, time to show what a mistake they made letting him go. Has a lot to prove to the fans that turned on him. It will be kind of ironic too because the last time he was in nets on Ottawa's ice he let Team Alfie down in the 3rd.

Sens will be singing the 0-7 Blues tonight, me thinks. Don't mind being wrong of course, because it's not like I want them to lose, but I feel that they just aren't good enough this year (streaks aside). Don't have the ability to be consistently good and win against the teams that matter the most. Those losses to teams that should have been guaranteed victories might come back to bite them in the Donkey. And their schedule hasn't helped. Lots of back to back's. They are worn out.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

- Both teams coming off of loses. Sens a humiliating 5-0 defeat on "home ice" infront of a Leaf crowd.
- Elliott's 1.69GAA says a lot about what he has done and has to prove to his old team

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Anderson seems to do well when the coach rattles his cage like he did in his press conference yesterday. I expect Anderson will start.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

dennycrane wrote:Anderson Elliott seems to do well when the coach Sun reporter rattles his cage like he did in his press conference yesterday last year. I expect Anderson Elliott will start get a shut out.

fixed.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I'll try it. We are getting raped.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

In spite of all the negativity around here, I'm expecting OTT to bring a strong effort tonight. For most of the year, this is a team that has responded well after getting thrashed -- and who tends to get up for tough matches.

That said, with STL, it's going to be a low-scoring affair, regardless.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Via Mendes: Craig Anderson is first goalie off the ice, so he likely starts tonight vs STL.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Via Mendes: Craig Anderson is first goalie off the ice, so he likely starts tonight vs STL.

The Gregger?!?!?! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! It's as if they're trying to... WIN!!! Freakout

Rebuild in jeopardy.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This game is on the vets. Enough of Michalek not driving the net, enough of Spezza not producing, enough of Gonchar not generating offense - especially on the PP.

This is serious, get to the net, put the puck in on Brian Vezina Elliott and grind this one out.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Via Mendes: Craig Anderson is first goalie off the ice, so he likely starts tonight vs STL.

Diddle I was hoping for Auld to start. This team needs a break from Andy and vice versa

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

The Gregger?!?!?! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! It's as if they're trying to... WIN!!! Freakout

Rebuild in jeopardy.

There's a difference between finishing in the bottom despite trying to win and finishing in the bottom due to a lack of effort. A team can try to win and still not come out with a win.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
Diddle I was hoping for Auld to start. This team needs a break from Andy and vice versa

Is Anderson a bad influence on them or something ?

He always bounces back after a brutal game.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:In spite of all the negativity around here, I'm expecting OTT to bring a strong effort tonight. For most of the year, this is a team that has responded well after getting thrashed -- and who tends to get up for tough matches.

That said, with STL, it's going to be a low-scoring affair, regardless.

Maybe this is when we turn things around; god knows we need to.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 10]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum