GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Washington @ Ottawa , 7:00PM, Wednesday, December 7, 2011

+14
spader
Hoags
Hobiesens
Flo The Action
PTFlea
shabbs
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
wprager
rooneypoo
tim1_2
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:and I don't understand why people are complaining about Ovechkins "spear" on Neal (even the coach). Looks like he barely touches him. Neil looks right at the ref as he is falling.

I believe Neil went to the dressing room after that spear. So it was more than a tap. The commentars said it was a dirty play...

Players have been kicked out of the game for much less than what Ovey did... It was a deliberate attempt to injure -- should have been 5 and a game...

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:
Big Ev wrote:and I don't understand why people are complaining about Ovechkins "spear" on Neal (even the coach). Looks like he barely touches him. Neil looks right at the ref as he is falling.

I believe Neil went to the dressing room after that spear. So it was more than a tap. The commentars said it was a dirty play...

Players have been kicked out of the game for much less than what Ovey did... It was a deliberate attempt to injure -- should have been 5 and a game...

If that's 5 and a game then the refs have truly hit a new low. Watch the video and it appears he barely touches Neil. 2 minutes tops.

Last edited by Big Ev on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

spader

All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:

That's a bit extreme, but I do agree that it should have been a penalty. It may not have looked like much depending on the angle you (that's a general "you") were watching, but from the one I saw, Ovie had a lot of mustard on that spear. Also, you don't need a whole lot of force to put someone on the ground when you're hitting in that area.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

That's a bit extreme, but I do agree that it should have been a penalty. It may not have looked like much depending on the angle you (that's a general "you") were watching, but from the one I saw, Ovie had a lot of mustard on that spear. Also, you don't need a whole lot of force to put someone on the ground when you're hitting in that area.

It was worse than the Konopka hit on Anisimov... and he got kicked out... so no -- I don't think it is extreme to say 5 and a game. What if it was Neil that did the spear... you don't think he would have been kicked out of the game?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:
spader wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

It was worse than the Konopka hit on Anisimov... and he got kicked out... so no -- I don't think it is extreme to say 5 and a game. What if it was Neil that did the spear... you don't think he would have been kicked out of the game?

Nope. I think he would have gotten a penalty, though.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

You guys remember the Caps' 4th goal? Can you remember the last time the Sens scored a goal like that?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

It was a sweet tap-in. That was a nice goal.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:It was a sweet tap-in. That was a nice goal.

I think Smith and/or Condra had one like that recently

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ok, onto the positive part: Foligno and the 3rd line along with Cowen and Anderson have been consistently good. Can't wait for Cowen to kill some Habs and Leafs starting next year with the new realignment.

Not sure when Konopka is gonna start hitting people.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
spader wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

Nope. I think he would have gotten a penalty, though.

I think sandy may be right. I thought it's a match penalty for spearing??

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't think he speared, if he even touched him. More of just getting stick up. I see no spearing motion.

MacLean wants Shanahan to look at it? c'mon now, he's not even gonna talk to him over the phone.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree, Mac got so caught up in protecting Spezza with a decent 2nd line, that he stripped the top line of Michalek. Greening's a great player, but you can't expect him to generate things on his own with Spezza at his point. Greening with Foligno and Alfredsson/Regin will be best.

Thinking maybe they'll try:

Foligno - Spezza - Michalek
Greening - Regin - Alfredsson

Either way, Regin's return can't come quick enough.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:I don't think he speared, if he even touched him. More of just getting stick up. I see no spearing motion.

MacLean wants Shanahan to look at it? c'mon now, he's not even gonna talk to him over the phone.

Haha shanahan ain't doing Dung for the sens.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I agree, Mac got so caught up in protecting Spezza with a decent 2nd line, that he stripped the top line of Michalek. Greening's a great player, but you can't expect him to generate things on his own with Spezza at his point. Greening with Foligno and Alfredsson/Regin will be best.

Keep foligno with alfie. Either way, at least we now know that Michalek carried spezza earlier this season and not the other way around.

Also, bad couple of games for karlsson. Injured? Burnt out?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I agree, Mac got so caught up in protecting Spezza with a decent 2nd line, that he stripped the top line of Michalek. Greening's a great player, but you can't expect him to generate things on his own with Spezza at his point. Greening with Foligno and Alfredsson/Regin will be best.

Keep foligno with alfie. Either way, at least we now know that Michalek carried spezza earlier this season and not the other way around.

Also, bad couple of games for karlsson. Injured? Burnt out?

His girlfriend was missing him during the road trip.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yep, he's tired. In the immortal words of Michael "Mickey" Goldmill, "Women weaken legs!"

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Wanted to read some comments after the game on hfboards but then I noticed that CJam613 is posting Facepalm

I'll just stay here Nod

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:Wanted to read some comments after the game on hfboards but then I noticed that CJam613 is posting Facepalm

I'll just stay here Nod

Him and billy Madison are just awful..... Sarcasm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum