GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Washington @ Ottawa , 7:00PM, Wednesday, December 7, 2011

+14
spader
Hoags
Hobiesens
Flo The Action
PTFlea
shabbs
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
wprager
rooneypoo
tim1_2
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:I also put blame on whoever decided to put Kaspars Daugavins and Jesse Winchester out 4 on 4 against Ovechkin and Backstrom. C'mon man.

Meh, it wasn't either of them that lost their man. Karlsson just got out played there, it happens. It was a nice goal, not much you can say about it.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:I also put blame on whoever decided to put Kaspars Daugavins and Jesse Winchester out 4 on 4 against Ovechkin and Backstrom. C'mon man.

I thought it was kinda smart. Who else would you put out against them? 4 on 4 against those guys is kinda like killing a penalty, so why not use Winchester and Daugavins?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:
I would say aside from the second period the Sens were pretty bad all game.

That Rundblad play was just unreal though. How a player can be that soft in the NHL is beyond me, at least a D man. He's young, he will make mistakes, but that has to be dealt with.

I wouldn't blow that one play out of proportion. He lost track of the guy for two seconds, and the pass was pretty good. It wasn't because he was "soft", he just didn't recognize the play shaping up.

Not getting a stick on him, a hand, or w/e else is what makes it soft. A d man has to know when a guy is driving to the net, 5 on 5, and especially 4 on 4 where there is more ice and you have to be more aware of whats going on.

I saw that as a very soft play because he let him walk right in after seeing him again. The game in on the line, take a penalty there, kill him if he has to save a goal. That's the difference betwen NA and Sweden.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:

Meh, it wasn't either of them that lost their man. Karlsson just got out played there, it happens. It was a nice goal, not much you can say about it.

Yup. Not much to it. Ovie's a great player and he made a great play.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wasn't referring to the Ovechkin-Karlsson goal when I talked about 4 on 4.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:I wasn't referring to the Ovechkin-Karlsson goal when I talked about 4 on 4.

Well that's who the forwards were that were on the ice (at least at the start of that shift). Not sure if they got off or not.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

The Brouwer goal?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:The Brouwer goal?

yeah ...but that wasn't against so Ovechkin so I don't really know what I'm referring to

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
spader wrote:The Brouwer goal?

yeah ...but that wasn't against so Ovechkin so I don't really know what I'm referring to

No one does.

Daugavins and Winchester were on the ice with Karlsson for the Ovechkin goal (or at least started the shift with him) .

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
Him and billy Madison are just awful..... Sarcasm

I'd say anyone with a Transformers Prowl avatar can't possibly be all bad Laugh1

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Him and billy Madison are just awful..... Sarcasm

I'd say anyone with a Transformers Prowl avatar can't possibly be all bad Laugh1

Meh....what do we know...we're just a bunch of homers according to billy madison Leftie

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
Big Ev wrote:and I don't understand why people are complaining about Ovechkins "spear" on Neal (even the coach). Looks like he barely touches him. Neil looks right at the ref as he is falling.
The replays show him looking at the ref before he goes down... it's hard to tell if it was just a tap or a real spear. PMac did defend Neil and said it was a spear job on him and hoped Shanny takes a look. I don't expect Shanny to do anything about it.

Haha. What a fool MacLean is for even thinking that. Laugh1 Laughing3

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Wanted to read some comments after the game on hfboards but then I noticed that CJam613 is posting GAME DAY: Washington @ Ottawa , 7:00PM, Wednesday, December 7, 2011 - Page 9 489887

I'll just stay here GAME DAY: Washington @ Ottawa , 7:00PM, Wednesday, December 7, 2011 - Page 9 42833

How dumb is that guy?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Big Ev wrote:and I don't understand why people are complaining about Ovechkins "spear" on Neal (even the coach). Looks like he barely touches him. Neil looks right at the ref as he is falling.
The replays show him looking at the ref before he goes down... it's hard to tell if it was just a tap or a real spear. PMac did defend Neil and said it was a spear job on him and hoped Shanny takes a look. I don't expect Shanny to do anything about it.

Haha. What a fool MacLean is for even thinking that. Laugh1 Laughing3

Just laying the groundwork.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
Hoags wrote:Wanted to read some comments after the game on hfboards but then I noticed that CJam613 is posting GAME DAY: Washington @ Ottawa , 7:00PM, Wednesday, December 7, 2011 - Page 9 489887

I'll just stay here GAME DAY: Washington @ Ottawa , 7:00PM, Wednesday, December 7, 2011 - Page 9 42833

How dumb is that guy?

Honestly, the most idiotic poster I've ever seen. If we here and actually posted the same stuff here did there, WOW, lol. Someone should give him an invite, lol.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

How dumb is that guy?

Honestly, the most idiotic poster I've ever seen. If we here and actually posted the same stuff here did there, WOW, lol. Someone should give him an invite, lol.

Apparently Spezza is clearly a tier above Staal at this point in time

NEELY

Mod
Mod

He's a tier above Jesus and just below God.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:He's a tier above Jesus and just below God.

Bryan Murray gets a call "Spezza for Staal", wht is he replying?

My guess: HELL YEAH!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum