GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Washington @ Ottawa , 7:00PM, Wednesday, December 7, 2011

+14
spader
Hoags
Hobiesens
Flo The Action
PTFlea
shabbs
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
wprager
rooneypoo
tim1_2
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
Hoags wrote:Wanted to read some comments after the game on hfboards but then I noticed that CJam613 is posting GAME DAY: Washington @ Ottawa , 7:00PM, Wednesday, December 7, 2011 - Page 10 489887

I'll just stay here GAME DAY: Washington @ Ottawa , 7:00PM, Wednesday, December 7, 2011 - Page 10 42833

How dumb is that guy?

Honestly, the most idiotic poster I've ever seen. If we here and actually posted the same stuff here did there, WOW, lol. Someone should give him an invite, lol.

Apparently Spezza is clearly a tier above Staal at this point in time

NEELY

Mod
Mod

He's a tier above Jesus and just below God.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:He's a tier above Jesus and just below God.

Bryan Murray gets a call "Spezza for Staal", wht is he replying?

My guess: HELL YEAH!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Gonna have to clear it with Spezza first which I doubt he would say yes to.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Gonna have to clear it with Spezza first which I doubt he would say yes to.

just in general. no no-trade clause...who are you taking right now

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Hoags wrote:Wanted to read some comments after the game on hfboards but then I noticed that CJam613 is posting GAME DAY: Washington @ Ottawa , 7:00PM, Wednesday, December 7, 2011 - Page 10 489887

I'll just stay here GAME DAY: Washington @ Ottawa , 7:00PM, Wednesday, December 7, 2011 - Page 10 42833

How dumb is that guy?

Be careful, he can predict the prospects who are gonna be bust by looking at Junior PP stats. RNH is gonna falter soon!
I wonder if he changed his username just because of the RNH/Strome saga Laugh1

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:Gonna have to clear it with Spezza first which I doubt he would say yes to.

just in general. no no-trade clause...who are you taking right now

I am guessing most people take the guy who has won a Stanley Cup, younger and is a Captain?

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

E.Staal get's a lot of unwarranted love

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yah, I'm not a huge Staal fan either.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

stempniaksen wrote:E.Staal get's a lot of unwarranted love

Still better than Spezza

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I also put blame on whoever decided to put Kaspars Daugavins and Jesse Winchester out 4 on 4 against Ovechkin and Backstrom. C'mon man.

I thought it was kinda smart. Who else would you put out against them? 4 on 4 against those guys is kinda like killing a penalty, so why not use Winchester and Daugavins?

This team is still re-building and developing players. It's about putting them in situations to learn. Winchester & Daug are good penalty killers.. so McLean gave them the chance on the 4 on 4.

Young inexperienced players make mistakes... that's what re-building is all about. These young guys were not going to come into the lineup and be instant -- mistake free NHL players.

Karlsson has to learn to pivot without falling over his feet... fix that... he will be that much better defensively.

Bad 3rd period.. which is unusual for the Sens so far this year.. but then Ovechkin should not have been playing... a 'spear' making contact is a 5 min match penalty and a game misconduct.

Apparently Bill McCreary was in the pressbox last night. Went to the refs during the intermission to talk about the non-call.. Refs went to Neil after the game to apologize for missing the call. Too little, too late.
But you can bet no action will be taken against Ovey. BUT if it was Neil who speared Ovey... you can bet there would be a suspension.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

sandysensfan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I also put blame on whoever decided to put Kaspars Daugavins and Jesse Winchester out 4 on 4 against Ovechkin and Backstrom. C'mon man.

I thought it was kinda smart. Who else would you put out against them? 4 on 4 against those guys is kinda like killing a penalty, so why not use Winchester and Daugavins?

This team is still re-building and developing players. It's about putting them in situations to learn. Winchester & Daug are good penalty killers.. so McLean gave them the chance on the 4 on 4.

Young inexperienced players make mistakes... that's what re-building is all about. These young guys were not going to come into the lineup and be instant -- mistake free NHL players.

Karlsson has to learn to pivot without falling over his feet... fix that... he will be that much better defensively.

Bad 3rd period.. which is unusual for the Sens so far this year.. but then Ovechkin should not have been playing... a 'spear' making contact is a 5 min match penalty and a game misconduct.

Apparently Bill McCreary was in the pressbox last night. Went to the refs during the intermission to talk about the non-call.. Refs went to Neil after the game to apologize for missing the call. Too little, too late.
But you can bet no action will be taken against Ovey. BUT if it was Neil who speared Ovey... you can bet there would be a suspension.

It's never too late for that. That's a ref being accountable and it should be viewed as such. The calls went the Sens way the rest of the game anyways. The ref made a mistake, owned up to it, and that's all Neil or anyone else should expect. I would assume Neil said it was fine and he will move on. Probably even laughed about it.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

What's wrong with Staal? Yes he's struggling. 20-ish games in a 7 year career? Big deal... He's still better than Spezza. Way more versatile, better defensively, and the way he competes in playoff games (granted, not huge sample size), it's not even close.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

sandysensfan wrote:Apparently Bill McCreary was in the pressbox last night. Went to the refs during the intermission to talk about the non-call.. Refs went to Neil after the game to apologize for missing the call. Too little, too late.
Intersting, good to hear they approached Neil after and ate some crow. Maybe he'll get a break next game...

sandysensfan wrote:But you can bet no action will be taken against Ovey. BUT if it was Neil who speared Ovey... you can bet there would be a suspension.
Sadly, this is the way it is... different rules for different status playes... Shanny was supposed to change all that... but alas... we are where we are.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

LeKid wrote:What's wrong with Staal? Yes he's struggling. 20-ish games in a 7 year career? Big deal... He's still better than Spezza. Way more versatile, better defensively, and the way he competes in playoff games (granted, not huge sample size), it's not even close.

Nothing in particular, he's just overrated is all.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Sandy was right after all.....so nuts to the ppl who said ovechkin didn't deserve a match penalty. Here's ex-referee extraordinaire Kerrry Fraser's view:

The move was swift and accurate with the point of the stick blade turned in, which allows it bury more deeply when flesh is contacted. The referee needed the right angle to detect this surgical maneuver. It would appear that wasn't the case.

Rule 62.1 - "Spearing shall mean stabbing an opponent with the point of the stick blade, whether contact was made or not." The rule calls for a double minor for attempting to spear but without making contact and a major penalty and game misconduct when contact has been made.

The spear delivered by Alex Ovechkin should have resulted in a major and game misconduct being assessed to the Washington Capitals superstar. Chris Neil did not deserve a diving penalty on the play; at least not this time around.

My advice to Chris Neil - in an effort to avoid calls like this from happening in the future, is to fall naturally only as a result of the action and don't turn your head toward the referee in the process. If you take my advice you just might even have your name expunged from the refs' embellishment book.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum