GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Washington @ Ottawa , 7:00PM, Wednesday, December 7, 2011

+14
spader
Hoags
Hobiesens
Flo The Action
PTFlea
shabbs
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
wprager
rooneypoo
tim1_2
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 10]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

C'mon boys!

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Frig man. Entering the zone like that, can't make those mistakes Karlsson.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

ENG. 5-3 Washington. Crying

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Rundblad needs a seat again and probably time in the AHL. Kid just doesn't get it yet, so soft.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:Wonder when Spezza will show up for a game or two?

He hasn't looked good for the last few, that's for sure.

EDIT: Keep the comments coming, N4L. Spezza just had a great shift.

He hasn't looked good for a month.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They definitely let one get away. I think Carkner is a couple games late coming in to replace Rundblad. That was a horrible goal to give up so soon after the go ahead.

And on that goal by Ovechkin, should Karlsson have stayed with him all the way around and to the other point? As it was happening my gut said he should have let someone else take over (kinda play zone), and then OVechkin did exactly what I thought he might and Karlsson fell for it.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Cussing pissed, Can't remember the last time I've been this furious. Diddle Ovechkin and the Caps

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:They definitely let one get away. I think Carkner is a couple games late coming in to replace Rundblad. That was a horrible goal to give up so soon after the go ahead.

And on that goal by Ovechkin, should Karlsson have stayed with him all the way around and to the other point? As it was happening my gut said he should have let someone else take over (kinda play zone), and then OVechkin did exactly what I thought he might and Karlsson fell for it.

Karlsson did the right thing, if he lets him go there he would skate right into the slot. Ovechkin made a nice move, simple as that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Rundblad needs a seat again and probably time in the AHL. Kid just doesn't get it yet, so soft.

Soft, yes, and at other times he looks nonchalant out there. Like he's going for a skate on the canal. Karlsson never did that.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Rundblad needs a seat again and probably time in the AHL. Kid just doesn't get it yet, so soft.

Soft, yes, and at other times he looks nonchalant out there. Like he's going for a skate on the canal. Karlsson never did that.

That's how he plays, even in Sweden. He doesn't have Karlsson's skating ability and that's why it often looks like he is nonchalant.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Most players his age look tentative and nervous. He looks "too" cool right now.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:They definitely let one get away. I think Carkner is a couple games late coming in to replace Rundblad. That was a horrible goal to give up so soon after the go ahead.

That was ok by Karlsson, the guy may be in a slump but he's still Cussing skilled.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:

Karlsson did the right thing, if he lets him go there he would skate right into the slot. Ovechkin made a nice move, simple as that.

OK, then it's just execution. He let him go wide on him and was struggling to catch up all the rest of the way. There was another play in the 1st when he got caught looking at the puck and Ovechkin turned him inside out.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

That's how he plays, even in Sweden. He doesn't have Karlsson's skating ability and that's why it often looks like he is nonchalant.

I don't mind if he looks nonchalant above the waist, but I want him to be moving his feet while he's being nonchalant.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:

OK, then it's just execution. He let him go wide on him and was struggling to catch up all the rest of the way. There was another play in the 1st when he got caught looking at the puck and Ovechkin turned him inside out.

He wasn't even struggling to catch up, he kept Ovechkin to the outside which is what you want to do there. Just a great move and shot by Ovechkin, really not a lot to it. Great players make great plays.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

And it has to change.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:Wonder when Spezza will show up for a game or two?

He was there... Easy to spot. He was the one in red turning the puck over and not really doing anything to help this team.

Very frustrating game from him.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Rundblad needs some AHL time for sure. Bingo needs some D too. Carkner is close to ready.
Good thing we play tomorrow. Auld better not poop the bed.
Spezza is frustrating, but Greening and Butler are not helping.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum