GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Washington, 7:00PM, Saturday, December 3, 2011

+9
sandysensfan
Riprock
LeCaptain
Ev
rooneypoo
spader
PTFlea
shabbs
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Washington, 7:00PM, Saturday, December 3, 2011

GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Washington, 7:00PM, Saturday, December 3, 2011 LargeGAME DAY: Ottawa @ Washington, 7:00PM, Saturday, December 3, 2011 AtGAME DAY: Ottawa @ Washington, 7:00PM, Saturday, December 3, 2011 Large

Coverage:
TV: CBC, RDS, CSN-MA
Radio: Team1200
Internet: http://livetv.ru/en/eventinfo/97234_ottawa_washington/

The Senators lost a tough one Thursday night against the Stars, as Dallas rallied from a one-goal, third period deficit to win 3-2. The Capitals are 0-2 under new coach Dale Hunter, losing both games by identical 2-1 scores. Both teams have strikingly similar stats (see table below). The only thing that separates them in the standings is the extra loser point from the extra game the Sens have played. In the only previous meeting this season the Sens played probably their best game of the season and should have won the game, but ended up losing 2-1. Since then they have reeled off 5 straight wins against SE teams, and are hoping to continue this trend. The return of Chris Neil to the lineup will certainly be welcomed, although it might mean that Daugavins sits (according to dailyfaceoff.com). No other lineup changes are expected.

GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Washington, 7:00PM, Saturday, December 3, 2011 SmallSTATSGAME DAY: Ottawa @ Washington, 7:00PM, Saturday, December 3, 2011 Small
GP24
12W12
11L11
2OT1
26P25
P%0.521
2.96G/G2.96
3.40GA/G
20.0PP%15.7
79.5PK%81.6
30.0S/G29.6
31.2SA/G30.0
FO%51.1

OTTAWA (12-11-2)
Goals leader: Milan Michalek (15)
Assists leader: Erik Karlsson (21)
Points leader: Jason Spezza (23)

Washington (12-11-1)
Goals leader: Jason Chimera (10)
Assists leader: Nicklas Backstrom (18)
Points leader: Nicklas Backstrom (26)

NHL Game Day Preview: http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2011020374

TSN Ice Chips for Ottawa: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/?hubname=nhl-senators

TSN Ice Chips for Washington: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/?hubname=nhl-capitals

Ottawa Lines
http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/lines/33/ottawa-senators

Washington Lines
http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/lines/36/washington-capitals

GO SENS GO!!!!

Last edited by wprager on Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, I've got an 8PM practice with my son's bantam team so I'll only be cheering during the first (while listening in the car). That means the rest of you have to cheer that much harder.

#VoteAlfie

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Honk if you hate Dale Hunter!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GO SENS GO!!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice GDT!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Stats-wise, these are very similar teams. Basically equal in P%, PK%, G/G, S/G, SA/G, FO%. Very close in GA/G, with the slight advantage going to Wash. Virtually identical records.

Interesting. Does that mean that it should be a close game, or does one team expose the other in a blowout? We shall see.

Go Sens.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

According to the dailyfaceoff line combos K-Daug is not playing??!

Also, have they been playing Filatov at right-wing again? He prefers playing left (even though he is a right-hand shot).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:Stats-wise, these are very similar teams. Basically equal in P%, PK%, G/G, S/G, SA/G, FO%. Very close in GA/G, with the slight advantage going to Wash. Virtually identical records.

Interesting. Does that mean that it should be a close game, or does one team expose the other in a blowout? We shall see.

Go Sens.

It means take the "Under" Smile

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Someone will have to come out for Neil...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Nice GDT!

I guess you didn't notice the "Winnipeg" reference. I had copied the previous GDT and was doing a search/replace changing Dallas to Washington, but the previous GDT must have been copied from the previous game and missed replacing Winnipeg.
Facepalm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Someone will have to come out for Neil...

On the one hand, maybe Daugavins could use a break. On the other hand, who is more effective on the fourth line -- Butler or Daugavins? I'm torn.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Washington, 7:00PM, Saturday, December 3, 2011 Sensd

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Someone will have to come out for Neil...

Ugh, sitting Daug would be dumb. He's been too job, & so has his line. Sit Konopka.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If Konopka is not going to be playing center, and if it doesn't look like it's going to be a rough game, might as well take him out and keep Daugavins in.

On the other hand maybe he could use a break.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:If Konopka is not going to be playing center, and if it doesn't look like it's going to be a rough game, might as well take him out and keep Daugavins in.

On the other hand maybe he could use a break.

LOL, I shouldn't be carrying on this same conversation in two different threads...

At any rate, I guess we'll see soon enough.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum